Prozac (fluoxetine) [SSRI] - Page 13 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #241 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cheerful
I just got prescribed prozac yesterday on the 9th for GAD. I've been on it two days, and I feel amazing. I haven't had any side effects except the very prolonged ejaculation, but I can still get there. I'm on 10mg per day, and I wish I would've started this sooner!

I've had anxiety since I was 14 and I'm 28 now. I've struggled with it for so long, and never got help because I was too nervous to even schedule an appointment with a doctor.

Since taking it, I've got back in touch with some old friends, called people on craigslist about buying a car, don't have anxiety all day long, able to talk to my wife about anything, conversate more with my children, and just get stuff done. These are very big things for me, usually I wouldn't be able to do any of them without worrying and probably having a panic attack. I was also on ativan for a few days before the prozac, and I've stopped taking it and feel fine without it.

As you can see, my join date December 2011 and I was too nervous to even post on forums... til now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 12:25 AM
🎭

I've been on prozac off and on, mostly on for 6 months + straight since 2013 February. Due to my circumstances, it's time for me to cold-turkey it by myself once again, I'm not scared, cold turkey is a piece of cake on prozac.

I hate prozac, **** you prozac.

"We've Found The Formula" - START USING IT NOW!!! | Dr. Joe Dispenza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGj4D-ATH8
post #243 of 264 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 07:47 AM
🎭

Since I stopped taking prozac on February 17... so it has been like 3 weeks ok, I feel an enhanced sensation in my vagina and the orgasms are so much better off and my sex drive is driving me insane again! I would say it is not fully restored 100% but it is 3/4ths I would say, if I can have such beautiful sensations again and I am able to have multiple orgasms in one sitting again. I don't force myself to masturbate, I feel like I am more guided - it's calling out to me, my soul is calling out to me this time, I don't actually force it like a zombie at all.

Other than that I can still send messages to guys on okcupid and flirt and all those goodies. Also I noticed I get worked up/pissed/angry very easily and I want to scream most of the time, but that is a good sign, you need to feel that anger and scream, you can transform that energy and use it to get what you want from your life - like you can really fight for your life now and live better. Zombiefied I couldn't live, I only thought I could because maybe it was controlling me and how I was supposed to be, I didn't have much control, why do they say it makes you take control of your life? It doesn't. Medication takes control of you instead.

Even though prozac was bad, I still feel like it did help me, showed me another perspective of life since I was really bad stuck the way I was before. I recommend it for short term 6 months to 1 year to get used to how different it makes you see and behave in the world, and then get off it and enjoy what you learned from it. For me it is still here, I can still feel how it made me feel and behave, and I hope I can have it stick around for the rest of my life without having to take it ever again. I guess that's how psychotherapy is, but I never really wanted to try it again, but it did help me when it intervened in my life. I am very thankful for all that happened to me, changed me a little, I was very badly stuck. I still feel stuck now, a new way of stuck, like I stopped doing the things I used to do before and that's bad, I hope I can become one with myself again and be able to function in life.

post #244 of 264 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 12:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I have been prescribed Prozac for so many months, but haven't taken any yet.
post #245 of 264 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 06:18 AM
🎭

After 2 months, I noticed my urges to masturbate came back by themselves! I get this weird arousing sensation between my legs, something I didn't use to get on prozac. Yes, I am doing very well off it, exercise, try to eat healthy, skip a night of sleep. I'm enjoying having my sexual drive back and urges to masturbate and powerful orgasms.

post #246 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 04:42 PM
🎭

My worries about my future came back too, how can I take this medication which takes away my worries, I need to feel my worries to help me survive in this world! It's like I didn't know how to worry on prozac, it completely erased my worries and the pang in my stomach accompanied with them. I guess that's why some say they have no motivation to do anything, the medication just takes so much away. What the hell, I'm gonna sue them all.

post #247 of 264 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 04:57 PM
🎭

My negative thoughts about myself have come back torturing me, oh I am worthless and someone else is better for you than me. You don't need me go find someone else. Wow Alex you suck.

post #248 of 264 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:10 PM
SAS Member

I have been on Prozac for about 11 years for social anxiety & SAD. I started 10mg, then 20, then 40. Started weening off a few years ago, when I got down to 10mg my anxiety and depression symptoms worsened. Chest pains, racing heart, tension, moodiness, irritability & low self esteem. After about a year on 10mg I started taking one every other day for a few months until I ran out. I felt like I really needed to go back on it but I didn't want to be dependent on this drug. After 6 months of family drama and feeling the absolute worse in my life, I decided to go back on it. I was miserable. I had trouble sleeping, my muscles were constantly tense, I lost all confidence and broke down to tears often. I've been on 20 mg for about 4 months now and I feel like my normal self again. It hasn't helped completely with social anxiety, but definitely helps me with my mood and general anxiety. As for side effects I sometimes feel a little bit of the "zombie" or dulled emotions. It makes me yawn frequently and I think it makes me sweat more. As for libido- I had zero sex drive when I had my 6 months off Prozac, I've never had a problem while on it.
post #249 of 264 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:41 AM
SAS Member

I am on it as well for chronic depression. I agree with 10mg making you miserable and insomniac. I was told to double up my dose, and it's been only few days.
I dislike medicines as there is not one single medication with few side effects..
This SSRI...ugh!
Worse ones are: Sexual dysfunction, and toxicity also leads to Serotonin Syndrome, where you might feel heart rate increase --palpitations/tremors/flushing/and could be hyperactivity of muscles and reflexes, and causes hyperthermia.

I hope I get better soon so I could be taken off of it.
post #250 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtSurrender View Post
You're right, I feel like ****, but my orgasm was broken
Oh god do I remember that. Not only was the Big-O broken, but certain bits were far less sensitive than normal. Almost numb feeling.
So glad to be off that stuff!

SAGITTARIUS♐️
INTJ-T - The Architect
INTP-T - The Logician

"May I remind you again, this is a dream, and in dreams you can do anything you darn please!"
~The Legion Of Doom (Dangerous Business Since 1979)

|Psych 101|
post #251 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 04:16 AM
dead

My Mood: Dead
It did nothing for me. I went off it cold turkey and had no withdrawals.
post #252 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:42 PM
SAS Member

Sometimes I drink some alcohol with friends (3-4 per month). I have a problem when I am drinking alcohol the few days after it, I feel horrible I shaking a lot, I have panic attacks, I feel a little bit unreal, I got Agoraphobia. Is it normal on SSRI?
post #253 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 01:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Busy
Prozac helped when I was 18, but it eventually stopped working. The problem with medication is it buries your issues without actually addressing them. Without therapy and effort, you'll never get better. Things will likely get worse (like it did with me) if you rely solely on meds.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu
post #254 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
When I was on it I was around 15-16, I can't remember how long I was on it but I was on it for at least 6 months. I was seeing a student counselor at the time who saw me weekly, and as time went on my depression got worse and worse and I was very suicidal..I remember thinking it was just naturally how I was feeling, but my counselor was very concerned that it was the medication that was doing it so she wrote a letter to my doctor telling them her concern, about how she'd seen a decline in me since I started it if anything, rather than getting better.
It could have just been a coincidence that I got worse whilst on it (i still have times where my depression gets really bad, and im not even on medication atm)...but she seemed pretty convinced it was the meds from how i was every week after taking it. So I got taken off it in the end for my own safety. As it's quite common for Prozac to actually make people worse sometimes (not everyone obviously, but its a big risk).

This is my experience anyway, I won't ever go back on it, because whether it made me worse or not, it still never actually made me better, so I see no use for it.
post #255 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 12:48 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Did nothing but make me apathetic and put on around 60lbs. (Same with Lexapro.) Quit cold turkey with no issues. (Same as with every other medication I've ever tried.)

Useless meds.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #256 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:35 PM
SAS Member

No emotions
post #257 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:18 PM
SAS Member

Safe and worth it

I've had SA for 5 years. It's gotten so bad that i'm losing all my friends because I never want to go anywhere. I also get terrible red, blotchy, rash across my chest, neck, and arms whenever I am nervous. I finally broke down and in tears told my doctor I needed help. She prescribed me prozac. After 3 days of taking it I had a panic attack. Looking back I know it wasn't because of the medication, but because of my anxiety with taking medication. The prozac actually made me worse in the beginning but I stuck with it and just now at 4 weeks I am starting to feel the good effect. My mood is better but I still have lots of social anxiety. I have read that sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks to have any results with anxiety. Either way I am still glad i'm taking it because I do want to go do more things now and am a happier person.
post #258 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 04:07 PM
🎭

At least I was living my life while taking prozac. Now it's so ****ing hard to even try.

post #259 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 PM
The Warrior Kitty-Cat

My Mood: Angelic
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I want to try Nardil or Parnate. My meds are making me tired, unmotivated too chill. I heard the food restrictions, I need some energy. Help!
post #260 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 03:49 AM
dead

My Mood: Dead
Tried it. Had my dosage raised. Didn't help. Had no side effects either. It was alot weaker than sertraline.

We are all dead
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page