Prozac (fluoxetine) [SSRI] - Page 12 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #221 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:44 AM
🎭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilaw1 View Post
It's not just you, all psychologist do that. They talk with their backs turned to you while typing away at a computer. They can and do help a lot of people though. People with illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder have a higher success rate with medication. There just aren't many good treatments for anxiety or depression. I know for a fact that some SSRIs can really help people with anxiety because I've had them work for me. The only downside is that they usually only work for a couple of years before you become tolerant to them. Don't give up hope on treatment. You should consider also seeing a psychologist.
I've been on prozac on and off from 2013, you don't know me! I am not talking about psychologists I am talking about psychiatrists who give out medications. I'm ****ing lowering my own dose, and then I am getting off it, maybe I'll need it again but I am never going above 20 mg my ***.

I have seen psychologist(s) but I have extreme hatred and anger towards them and I don't want to see them ever again. So beat it.

"We've Found The Formula" - START USING IT NOW!!! | Dr. Joe Dispenza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGj4D-ATH8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:47 AM
Lifetime Student

My Mood: Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
I've been on prozac on and off from 2013,

I have seen psychologist(s) but I have extreme hatred and anger towards them and I don't want to see them ever again. So beat it.
If Prozac doesn't work for you, don't take it. Just tell your doctors that it doesn't work for you. If you don't have good experiences with Psychiatrists, don't go back to them. A regular family doctor might be willing to help you with prescribing meds for depression or anxiety but if it's not working, they might try to refer you back to a psychiatrist.

--
post #223 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:50 AM
🎭

Quote:
If Prozac doesn't work for you, don't take it. Just tell your doctors that it doesn't work for you. If you don't have good experiences with Psychiatrists, don't go back to them. A regular family doctor might be willing to help you with prescribing meds for depression or anxiety but if it's not working, they might try to refer you back to a psychiatrist.
Don't have good experiences with psychologists or psychiatrists or school or anything, wahhhhhhh.

post #224 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:52 AM
🎭

Quote:
My family doctor can't force me to see psychiatrist for meds, this is my life and I'll ****ing kill that social anxiety myself.

post #225 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:32 AM
SAS Member

Since moving overseas in September I had to switch from Citalopram to Fluoxetine. I've now gone 4 days without taking Fluoxetine. I seem ok so far.
post #226 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 04:43 AM
🎭

Since I got off the 60 mg and took 40 mg for a week, and now I am back at 20 mg, the orgasms I have are so much better! Such a ****ing relief, I miss my feelings, I want to feel them again. Such a relief to have my beautiful orgasms again, I know they will be fully restored once I quit this *****.

post #227 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 06:58 AM
SAS Member

2 weeks since cutting my meds (Fluoxetine 20mg) cold turkey. I feel better. I think a lot of it is because I'm right where I want to be in life.
post #228 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 07:32 AM
🎭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylight View Post
2 weeks since cutting my meds (Fluoxetine 20mg) cold turkey. I feel better. I think a lot of it is because I'm right where I want to be in life.
Yahhh I think prozac sometimes makes you more depressed when it comes crashing on you than the depression you get without antidepressants and it sucks. So **** big pharma.

post #229 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 08:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
I've been on 60mg for about a year (80 at one point but that caused my brain to go out of whack). The only real side effect I've noticed is that I have no sex drive but I'm not in a relationship so that really isn't a concern for me. I take Prozac for anxiety and I guess it helped because I have an easier time driving places and doing things like eating alone in public and walking places without headphones. This doesn't really solve the self-loathing that social anxiety has caused me but it helps me function on a day to day basis.

hot hot like a tater tot
post #230 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Bunny

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena_SAS View Post
(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by g1gglez
Treatment Experience
Prozac made me have crazy thoughts about hurting people. One night I was driving home from work and I saw a guy walking on the side of the road. Something in my head was telling me to run him over. I didn't but its scary the thoughts I was having while on prozac. It made me paranoid,really bad panic attacks, detached from reality. I thought I was going out of my mind.
having suicidal thoughts and then being depressed about being suicidal it was awful

I think--I think when it's all over,
It just comes back in flashes, you know?
It's like a kaleidoscope of memories.
It just all comes back. But he never does.

I knew his world moved too fast and burned too bright.
But I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?
Maybe he knew that when he saw me.
I guess I just lost my balance.
I think that the worst part of it all wasn't losing him.
It was losing me.
post #231 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 AM
E.T.

I feel like it's making my life more manageable honestly. My doc just increased my dosage. The only bad side effects are decreased sex drive/hard to get off and a decreased appetite; I've lost 10 pounds and I was already thin.

Sorrow found me when I was young
Sorrow waited, sorrow won
Sorrow they put me on the pill
It's in my honey, it's in my milk
post #232 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:57 AM
solitary man

My Mood: Brooding
Thumbs up

talking back to Prozac

worked quite well for depression, on 20mg now just mildly depressed instead of suicidal.
No effects on social anxiety unfortunately.
Weight unaffected.
The reduced sex drive is frankly a relief, since I never had any outlet for it anyway.
post #233 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Permanently Banned

My psychiatrist wants to move me from Effexor + Mirtazapine to Prozac + Mirtazapine or possibly something different to Mirtazapine, I didn't get clarification on if he wanted me off both. I'm not sure how I feel about the switch.
post #234 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
SAS Member

Ask him why he wants you to switch. Tell him you can't make a decision without knowing the facts. Also, be sure to look at he discussions for ALL the drugs listed to see what the side effects are. Sometimes, certain combinations of drugs can have otherwise unheard of effects. If still in doubt, ask a pharmacist!
post #235 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 01:31 PM
🎭

I feel so much better when I go to my appointments these days, I am like super confident, I look him in the eye, and I stand my ground and make sure that I get what I ****ing want. So I told him that at 60mg I cannot feel my orgasms, and then I told him if I can have some Wellbutrin or Buspar added and also something to help me sleep because 60mg gave me too much energy. Then he said, that Wellbutrin and or Buspar will give me more anxiety and then he recommended I take take half my dose, one in the morning and one at night. Then he also mentioned the prozac weekly, and I was like ok I would like to try that. Prozac weekly is cool, you only need to take one pill every week, so you only get like 4 pills a month. So I will try that, now. And see how we go with orgasms, energy, and overall mood.

Has anyone here tried prozac weekly before?! It is still prozac, but like a different version, I am not scared my ***.

Yeah anyway, I used to act so weird when I had appointments with psychiatrists, but now I am all like ****ing there, asking whatever questions I want, I don't feel embarrassed, I only feel ****ing high and I smile all the ****ing time. I mean I literally feel normal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #236 of 264 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty1 View Post
Ask him why he wants you to switch. Tell him you can't make a decision without knowing the facts. Also, be sure to look at he discussions for ALL the drugs listed to see what the side effects are. Sometimes, certain combinations of drugs can have otherwise unheard of effects. If still in doubt, ask a pharmacist!
Well I have been complaining about low moods and depression being strong again, and I brought up that I feel like my old combo of meds weren't working so well anymore and he agreed. So he suggested maybe trying to switch the Effexor to Prozac and maybe that combo will have a positive effect. He did mention that the Prozac is typically has less effective results, but maybe it'll target what I need better or something along those lines.
I'm in the process of tapering off, but lately on a lower dose I haven't quite been as glum and he wants me to sit on this amount for a couple weeks to see if the reduction was beneficial. If not, I'll continue to taper off and make the switch.
post #237 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 PM
SAS Member

Lightbulb

Don't Switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
.... So I told him that at 60mg I cannot feel my orgasms, and then I told him if I can have some Wellbutrin or Buspar added and also something to help me sleep because 60mg gave me too much energy. Then he said, that Wellbutrin and or Buspar will give me more anxiety and then he recommended I take take half my dose, one in the morning and one at night.

Has anyone here tried prozac weekly before?! It is still prozac, but like a different version, I am not scared my ***.

Yeah anyway, I used to act so weird when I had appointments with psychiatrists, but now I am all like ****ing there, asking whatever questions I want, I don't feel embarrassed, I only feel ****ing high and I smile all the ****ing time. ....
I never heard of a weekly Prozac and I wouldn't switch if I did. My doctor/ARNP is good about saying ~if it isn't broken, don't fix it~ and recommended I not change my regular 100 MG of Wellbutrin into an extended release version that last 24 hours. I would recommend you not try a different version either.

I also don't recommend taking 30 MG in the morning and 30 at night. My guess is that you'd either never sleep or you would want to sleep all of the time.

What do I recommend? I suggest you reduce your Prozac to 40 MG (or maybe 30 MG). Do that for 2-6 weeks before trying anything else and see if that helps your sex life!

Wellbutrin does tend to make your anxiety worse, and you probably don't need it if you're already full of energy! Lack of energy is why I started on it the second time around.

Buspar gave me "the runs" (bathroom runs). Therefore, I quit taking it after two days and don't know anything else about it. I have a delicate digestive system (IBS of some type). I refuse to try Abilify for the same reason.
post #238 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 05:48 PM
🎭

Oh too bad, I switched already, but man the weed makes me feel so much better tho! wo0hoo!

post #239 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 06:33 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Dead
I've been on Prozac for a few months now. It has helped me a lot but I had some panic attacks when I forgot to take my pills. I would recommend it for depression but not anxiety. In fact I think it makes you really anxious.
post #240 of 264 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 02:54 PM
🎭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty1 View Post
I never heard of a weekly Prozac and I wouldn't switch if I did. My doctor/ARNP is good about saying ~if it isn't broken, don't fix it~ and recommended I not change my regular 100 MG of Wellbutrin into an extended release version that last 24 hours. I would recommend you not try a different version either.

I also don't recommend taking 30 MG in the morning and 30 at night. My guess is that you'd either never sleep or you would want to sleep all of the time.

What do I recommend? I suggest you reduce your Prozac to 40 MG (or maybe 30 MG). Do that for 2-6 weeks before trying anything else and see if that helps your sex life!

Wellbutrin does tend to make your anxiety worse, and you probably don't need it if you're already full of energy! Lack of energy is why I started on it the second time around.

Buspar gave me "the runs" (bathroom runs). Therefore, I quit taking it after two days and don't know anything else about it. I have a delicate digestive system (IBS of some type). I refuse to try Abilify for the same reason.
You're right, I feel like ****, but my orgasm was broken

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page