Prozac (fluoxetine) [SSRI] - Page 11 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #201 of 264 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 07:17 AM
#SaveTheOA

When prozac works, it makes me go wild and hit on every guy. Maybe it was meant to be, but I am not a child predator!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 264 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 11:37 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
I'm on 20mg for the first 2 weeks and 3 days in so far nothing. I feel any side effects from Trozadone but none from Prozac. Hope it's a smooth ride before it kicks in. I wonder what it will be like when I have to take 40mg in a few weeks
post #203 of 264 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 03:01 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheCrowd View Post
This is my second week using fluoxetine 10mg. I haven't really noticed any difference yet. I am still extremely anxious and have low energy. I have tried others (lexapro, I don't remember the others). They all seem to give me the same side effects of feeling like I always need to stretch. That's the best way to describe it, weird, I know.

I'm hoping this medicine "kicks in" and starts working. I need a powerful change in my life. I feel so isolated even when surrounded by people. It's annoying.
10 mg is prescribed for depressed children...it just doesnt work for adults...may make anxiety even worse...try 20 mg instead.

post #204 of 264 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

2 weeks in and my dose was upped to 40mg. I still feel nothing for the most part. How would I know if there are improvements?
post #205 of 264 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Lifetime Student

My Mood: Confused
I took 20 mgs and it made me feel a bit emotionally unstable after 2 weeks. I would experience near manic episodes followed by extreme depression. I would go through the range of emotions several times in one day. I couldn't take it anymore so I quit using Prozac.
post #206 of 264 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

I feel the results and it's quite subtle. it's working much better for the depression than anxiety but I do feel some relief. things that would normally cause me to want to kill myself isn't. While the depression is still there I do feel some relief almost like the edge is being taken out of it...so far I am pleasantly surprised by the Prozac
post #207 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 04:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
I'm on 120 mgs and felt some what good, I was able to go out and feel the embrace of the day. I looked people in the eye. When I started to drink and smoke there is when the problem started! Prozac 120mg and .5 mg of Clonazepam is what did it for me. All taken in one dosage at night.
post #208 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM
SAS Member

Question

120 or just 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolband185 View Post
I'm on 120 mgs and felt some what good, I was able to go out and feel the embrace of the day. I looked people in the eye.
Are you seriously taking one hundred and twenty milligrams of Prozac (Fluoxitine)? Or is that supposed to be just 20mg? I have never heard of anyone taking over 60 mg a day!

I tried 60 mg for a while and it gave me terrible headaches. I currently take 40 mg per day and that seems to be the correct dose for me.
post #209 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:32 PM
ff

agreed with psych to try prozac again

last time I tried it was earlier in the year but only gave it 4 days. the side effects were rough for what i considered at the time but in hindsight they weren't all that bad. i was at 20mg.

starting off 10mg this time, the minimum dose possible

while it's only my first day, I do notice a tingling around my legs. zoloft did the same thing. will make another post in a week or so.
post #210 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:35 PM
#SaveTheOA

On my pill bottle the instructions are to take 1 from each bottle every morning for a 60 mg amount, the mental psychiatrist gave me a bottle of 40 mg and another of 20 mg, there's no way I am going up to 60 mg, we agreed on 40 mg. He thinks I will follow his mental rules, I already feel like **** I don't need more. ahhahahah I was surprised when I looked under the names of the doctors and they were both the same, then I figured ahh he wants me to take 60 mg now, my a**.

post #211 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 PM
#SaveTheOA

I went to my appointment today and I was able to talk to my doctor much more! I felt elevated today, very lifted mood, very confident, I asked if he could switch me to Zoloft but then he said blah blah weight gain, sedating, it's more for depression. Then I was like so I should stick with the prozac, then he said yes prozac is activating and seems to work very well for you. So then I will take 60 mg and see how I go on about that, and if it turns out I have problems with achieving my daily orgasms, I might go back down to 40.

post #212 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 09:38 PM
ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by uziq View Post
agreed with psych to try prozac again

last time I tried it was earlier in the year but only gave it 4 days. the side effects were rough for what i considered at the time but in hindsight they weren't all that bad. i was at 20mg.

starting off 10mg this time, the minimum dose possible

while it's only my first day, I do notice a tingling around my legs. zoloft did the same thing. will make another post in a week or so.
i gave up on day 7, i can't handle the initial sides. it's been taking me an extra 2-3 hours just to fall asleep and i've already been in a state of sleep deprivation for weeks now from heart problems.

i see my psych next week, and i'm sure she's going to have me try another AD

i'll give them one more shot before i give up on antidepressants, i can't handle the side effects these things give me on top of the problems i already have
post #213 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
#SaveTheOA

Quote:
i gave up on day 7, i can't handle the initial sides. it's been taking me an extra 2-3 hours just to fall asleep and i've already been in a state of sleep deprivation for weeks now from heart problems.

i see my psych next week, and i'm sure she's going to have me try another AD

i'll give them one more shot before i give up on antidepressants, i can't handle the side effects these things give me on top of the problems i already have
Zoloft might make you sleepy, I remember when I was on it I was sleepy all day so much more tiredness than prozac.

post #214 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:03 PM
ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmind View Post
Zoloft might make you sleepy, I remember when I was on it I was sleepy all day so much more tiredness than prozac.
unfortunately zoloft was the last one i tried. it didn't affect my sleeping but it did give me frightening heart palpitations
post #215 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM
#SaveTheOA

Quote:
unfortunately zoloft was the last one i tried. it didn't affect my sleeping but it did give me frightening heart palpitations
Oh sorry to hear that, zoloft also made me feel loss of consciousness.

post #216 of 264 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

"it's been taking me an extra 2-3 hours just to fall asleep and i've already been in a state of sleep deprivation for weeks now from heart problems."

With heart problems, you might want to try Escitalopram which I think is generic for Lorazepam. My husband has atrial fib and a few other heart problems (don't remember the 2-4 other names) and he takes 10 mg just before bed. He goes right to sleep. I can't tell you if it has any sexual side-effects because we gave that up (we're 55) before he started taking this drug.
post #217 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 04:29 AM
#SaveTheOA

At 60 mg I can't even feel an orgasm at all! I felt them very well at 20 mg, so I decided to slowly come off it on my own. When I see my psychiatrist again I will curse at him and tell him to leave me alone, and I want to feel alive again cuz this medication is bull****. Hopefully I'll get my motivation back, **** prozac. Talking back to prozac. **** him, **** this ****. If I get too depressed and off myself so be it, but I can't continue this idiotic medication that cuts me off from the world and makes me so stupid. I have social anxiety for a reason and I want to own my life again cuz now it just feels so bad that I can't orgasm and life isn't worth living this way. ****ing hell!

post #218 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 04:52 AM
#SaveTheOA

The psychiatrist is so gay too, he sees me for 15 minutes then he also charges $100+ when it's over, a ****ing *******. ****ing done with this bull****. He can suck his own. He doesn't even talk to me, he's so automatic and cold and treats me like a mental patient. **** that loser, taking my money that I don't have. Changing my brain chemicals that God gave me. Idiocy.

post #219 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Lifetime Student

Quote:
The psychiatrist is so gay too, he sees me for 15 minutes then he also charges $100+ when it's over, a ****ing *******. ****ing done with this bull****. He can suck his own. He doesn't even talk to me, he's so automatic and cold and treats me like a mental patient. **** that loser, taking my money that I don't have. Changing my brain chemicals that God gave me. Idiocy.
It's not just you, all psychologist do that. They talk with their backs turned to you while typing away at a computer. They can and do help a lot of people though. People with illnesses like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder have a higher success rate with medication. There just aren't many good treatments for anxiety or depression. I know for a fact that some SSRIs can really help people with anxiety because I've had them work for me. The only downside is that they usually only work for a couple of years before you become tolerant to them. Don't give up hope on treatment. You should consider also seeing a psychologist.

--
post #220 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Lifetime Student

Quote:
At 60 mg I can't even feel an orgasm at all! I felt them very well at 20 mg, so I decided to slowly come off it on my own. When I see my psychiatrist again I will curse at him and tell him to leave me alone, and I want to feel alive again cuz this medication is bull****. Hopefully I'll get my motivation back, **** prozac. Talking back to prozac. **** him, **** this ****. If I get too depressed and off myself so be it, but I can't continue this idiotic medication that cuts me off from the world and makes me so stupid. I have social anxiety for a reason and I want to own my life again cuz now it just feels so bad that I can't orgasm and life isn't worth living this way. ****ing hell!
A doctor can't force you to take a drug. How is your doctor not 'leaving you alone'? Just tell him that Prozac isn't working well for you. There are many more antidepressants out there that can help. Most doctors will allow to get off of a medication if you just ask. Also you can use buspar to get some sex drive back. It has the total opposite effect of Prozac in that regard.

--
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page