Celexa (citalopram) [SSRI] - Page 14 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #261 of 267 (permalink) Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 PM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapzoo View Post
I'm on day 3 with some of the bad side effects like jaw clenching, nervousness, higher pulse. But it's bearable. I will report how I feel in the next weeks/months. Currently I'm dosing 10mg/morning. Will up the dosage in 3 weeks to 20.
Make sure to wear a hard night guard to prevent bruxism at night. I'm also on celexa atm too. I'm at 20mg daily for idk maybe like less than a month. So far i can't really report as I'm also on other **** and I just really don't know if it's helping or not yet. Anyways yeah, p.s. don't overthink the medicine too much, you're only on day 3.

Bleh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 267 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 PM
SAS Member

I've been taking citalopram for about 3 weeks now - working my way up from 10mg to 20mg. So far I've been feeling a lot better about myself, but still not where I want to be.

As for the side effects, I tend to get really tired after taking it and often have a pounding chest. My physician told me these side effects should go away after the first month of taking it.
post #263 of 267 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 10:35 AM
SAS Member

Has anyone on here got a script for this drug and decided not to take it? In 2009 I was taking Ativan for sleep issues and the withdrawal was crazy. I really don't want to go down that road again. I am thinking of seeking a second opinion.

post #264 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 05:04 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Flirty
Is it common to get insomnia from this? I'm three months in now and still having bad insomnia, my sleep patterns seem very messed up. I'm not sleeping well on a night time and waking up lots, then I'm really sleepy on a morning and don't wan't to wake up. Anyone else have this?

My Neck, My Back, My Anxiety Attacks
post #265 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 06:19 PM
SAS Member

Hi everyone. My first post here and wanted to share my experience with Celexa one week in.

The first night I took it, it kept me awake with a racing mind for a long time. Days 3 and 4 I woke up in the night and morning with really bad nausea and diarrhea. Day 5 was the last of the bad nausea, but that night I had a bit of a headache, though it didn't last long. Day 5 I also actually felt a few hours of release from my anxiety that I've felt severely every day for the past several months. Jaw tightness and yawning were pretty prevalent the first week, but today (day 7), hardly any of either. Hardly any side effects at all so far, actually.
Today, I'm still feeling anxious and I know it takes time for the medication to really kick in but I'm glad to at least see the side effects already waning a bit.

I hope everyone taking this has a good experience with it.
post #266 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 01:23 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Flirty
I had to change to something else in the end, the side effects I was experiencing on this were ridiculous. I was grinding like I had dropped ecstasy, terrible insomnia every night, problems "downstairs", suicidal thoughts, headaches, upset stomach and the trots which got so bad I nearly **** myself (lol, I can look back and laugh at it now). Citalopram didn't agree with me at all. Switched to a tetracyclic medication which seems to be so much better.

My Neck, My Back, My Anxiety Attacks
post #267 of 267 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 AM
Memento Mori

My Mood: Sleepy
Wow. I've been on Citalopram (currently on 30 mg) for almost two months now and have noticed some drastic changes in my mood. Feels like I've gone through a lobotomy, I'm unable to feel anything which I don't mind at ALL. Feelings suck anyway. I don't cry myself to sleep or get sudden panic attacks anymore. On the downside, it makes me clench my jaw which results in me getting a raging headache -_- Happens nearly every day, extremely annoying. No matter how many hours of sleep I get at night I'm drowsy all the time, always looking for the nearest couch to crash on. My mouth has become so dry my throat hurts, constantly. This better wear off with time, I'm not ready to give up on Citalopram just yet.

"Love conquers all." "Every cloud has a silver lining." "Faith can move mountains." "Love will always find a way." "Everything happens for a reason." "Where there is life, there is hope." Oh, well... they gotta tell you something. - Aileen, Monster
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page