Islam invitation - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Islam invitation

It's very peaceful to have grounding. Otherwise there is no purpose. Whatever direction you go, where is the purpose? There has to be a purpose in the heart. People try to fill that purpose with whatever they want but it can only be filled with one thing. Otherwise there will be emptiness.

That's why people take drugs to fill the void. Or follow their passions.

There is no harm in taking interest in something as we all have some gift or talent and need them to survive.

But my point is there is something higher, that put all these things here. If there is no connection to that then what's the point in anything someone does? Just for survival? We are greater creatures than animals.

Fish deep in the ocean maybe have no idea of what is beyond their living space.

If you take the journey to know your creator maybe you will come across a wonderful reality you didn't know existed.

He sent prophet after prophet for thousands of years calling to the one truth and reason for existence which is that everyone's purpose is to simply worship him in trade for an everlasting bliss. Worship includes good deeds. But he decides what is good and bad.

It might take time to accept that because it's a journey.

I'm convinced. I've journeyed into this religion and only seen truth. You will see shallow observations by people but that's because they haven't spent time to reflect and think and observe so the truth can be seen. Most of them don't even know the ancient classic Arabic of this religion. Vision is not just with the eyes. It's also with the heart. Every traveller who has seen something and has conviction and doesn't ask for money, it wouldn't be of any benefit to call anyone to a lie.

Everything of quality has time built into it. If you spend the time you'll get a quality impression and understanding of this religion. It's the last religion to be revealed by God.

There are prophecies that have come true such as people competing to build higher buildings. That is one of the signs of the end of the world. When you read these things it adds to conviction.

This life is a test. We weren't here aimless. And Islam has beautiful gems you will come to know if you spend time with it. The Quran is emotionally charged counsel. It definitely calms my racing thoughts instantly and can't be compared to anything else in regard to depression. I say this confidently.

I've traveled deep and seen. As have many other people.

I'm just inviting.

I'll end with this.

The second surah of the Holy Quran starts with this:

alif-laam-meem.jpg

No one has ever known what it means. But some scholars have simply stated that it teaches us that we don't know everything. It's like a lesson. We have to know our place.

Don't let the immediate rebellion of Shaytaan (Satan) get defensive when reading this post. Let that cool off and maybe you'll learn something amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
alif laam meem.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:16 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
You seem to be operating under the common misconception that everyone wants (or SHOULD want) the same thing. If this "grounding" is peaceful for you then great, you've found something that works for you! But before you go preaching all of this stuff, you really need to understand that what works for you is pretty much guaranteed to NOT work for someone else. Yes, many people follow their passions -- but just because you don't agree with those passions doesn't diminish or invalidate them in any way. You're convinced that you've "seen truth," and yet there are literally thousands of different religions all around the world with believers who say exactly the same thing -- poignantly, with the same lack of actual evidence.

I find it ironic that you use this metaphor of "fish deep in the ocean," yet I'd wager that you've never actually tried any other religion. Or no religion, for that matter. You have no idea what is beyond your own spiritual and mental "living space!" If you could actually see "with your heart," as you urge us to do, then you would have to actually think and feel beyond the limited scope of your own beliefs, and try to understand the way other people might see things differently. You've probably never walked a mile in the shoes of a former fundamentalist whose self-esteem and confidence were shattered from a very young age by unrelenting perfectionism and messages of worthlessness. You've probably never been an LGBT teen forced to sit through fiery sermons that condemn you for something you were born with and not only can't change, but shouldn't WANT to change! You've probably never been accused of being a witch and burned at the stake, or been stoned to death for committing adultery, or any of the other heinous acts that happen with shocking regularity even now, today, in 2019. But people let it slide, in the name of "religion."

Since you're here preaching Islam, I'd assume that you either don't care or don't want to think about the many serious ethical issues with it, such as the oppression and inequality of women, the condemnation of homosexuality, the still-current practice of wedding very young girls to much older men, or even the outright violence and hatred displayed towards those not of the same faith. And in the event that you were aware, I'm sure you'd have all the usual apologist responses prepared. But my point is that every "group," religious or not, has the same kind of arguments prepared -- the same tired old justifications. "Prophecies" from all kinds of different religions "come true" all the time -- because when you make enough guesses you're sure to get some of them right, especially when you understand enough about human nature to make those guesses educated, as many prophets and preachers have throughout our history.

You probably think that you're being helpful with this post, and who knows, maybe it'll work for someone and that's great. But I think it's more important for those who take it upon themselves to evangelize to understand why not everyone needs or wants this kind of invitation. When can we all just take a step back and realize that there is no one "true" religion? When can we stop this pointless bickering over metaphysical "truths" which are, by definition, impossible to actually "know"? I'd urge you to take your own lesson to heart -- YOU don't know everything. You should understand your own place before trying to impose it on others.

"Churches ... appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.." -Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Moron

No thanks, I'd rather eat a McRib.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 05:48 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
only seen truth? so that means you believe in magic? and jinn? how did you discover the truth of that one?

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:15 AM
SAS Member

My problem with the Quran is that it uses a lot of emotional manipulation.

Once you see it, it becomes really hard to ignore. So, even the stuff that appears peaceful and comforting on the surface, I don't think it's supportive in the long term. It makes people feel better the same way an abusive family or relationship would.

Ma 'alena
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 AM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myosr View Post
My problem with the Quran is that it uses a lot of emotional manipulation.

Once you see it, it becomes really hard to ignore. So, even the stuff that appears peaceful and comforting on the surface, I don't think it's supportive in the long term. It makes people feel better the same way an abusive family or relationship would.
I was put off by one of the first verses which says something along the lines of "this book is not to be doubted" - I think the harshness varies depending on the translation though. Is that kind of what you had in mind?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

@Barakiel

There's something about the way it's recited that makes it very spiritual if you're exposed to it in the right setting when you're young, I think. (think of it like a really emotional song you like).

At one point though, I felt so bad and so guilty, it went from being the best feeling ever, to me being afraid to touch it, because I felt it was always blaming me and making me afraid.

I still listen to it occasionally, because sometimes I just feel nostalgic, or I have a certain theory about it and I'm trying to look if it makes sense.

https://@youtu.be/CPRIj2MbPJU?t=1357

Quote:
By the morning brightness
And [by] the night when it covers with darkness,
Your Lord has not taken leave of you, [O Muhammad], nor has He detested [you].
And the Hereafter is better for you than the first [life].
And your Lord is going to give you, and you will be satisfied.
Did He not find you an orphan and give [you] refuge?
And He found you lost and guided [you],
And He found you poor and made [you] self-sufficient.
So as for the orphan, do not oppress [him].
And as for the petitioner, do not repel [him].
But as for the favor of your Lord, report [it].
^ probably my favorite surah? It's showing vulnerability it doesn't often show. You can read the self-doubt between the lines of assurance. (It's one of the earliest surahs).

Ma 'alena

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page