post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
SAS Member

Re: Article - "Overcoming Social Anxiety 6 Important Tips"

Thanks for posting this =D
To me, the first tip was the most important, since I'm always thinking negatively about the situation.
But i feel guilty when I don't think negatively. it's weird
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themockingbird
Thanks for posting this =D
To me, the first tip was the most important, since I'm always thinking negatively about the situation.
But i feel guilty when I don't think negatively. it's weird
Nice, I'm glad it was of some use.

As for feeling guilty when you don't think negatively, I'm not sure if it's the same reason as you, but I can feel like that too. I think mostly because I feel that I am terrified of these situations and I am 'suppose' to be scared. So not thinking negatively would be not taking my social phobia seriously or something. o__O

However, it is a twisted way of thinking, so I try to stay positive and remind myself that I deserve to be happy and not feeling negative is actually a step in overcoming.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 AM

Good article. I also printed it and IF (big if) I can muster the courage, I will read it during the Social Phobics Anonymous call. Thank you.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn
Good article. I also printed it and IF (big if) I can muster the courage, I will read it during the Social Phobics Anonymous call. Thank you.
Sounds good, good luck mustering up the courage!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Permanently Banned

Anyone notice that this came from an article where the person claims to have overcome severe social anxiety and they are selling their complete recovery story for $17. Might be worth a look since the article is good.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:21 AM
Permanently Banned

There are others who wrote articles about social anxiety and each is trying to sell something. This product seems interesting. The approach is unique.

http://www.easycalm.com/social.htm
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 04:24 AM
SAS Member

I purchased the product but just wasted $17. If you read that article that basically is the same what she is selling. Don`t buy it!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towards the light
I purchased the product but just wasted $17. If you read that article that basically is the same what she is selling. Don`t buy it!
Did it expand on anything or tell you anything new though?
I'm pretty sure you can get a refund.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 PM
SAS Member

I just found EasyCalm and the first sessions seems very good (free on youtube). Unfortunately now it costs $97. Being a student it would hurt me financially, but I was considering it until I saw your message. Can you tell me why it didn't work for you? The guy seems genuine (even though the website is too pushy about ordering the videos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by towards the light View Post
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:48 PM
SAS Member

ive tried easycalm some years ago and found it a bit helpful. The techniques he shares are law of attraction based, so you just try to avoid negative news etc and focus on your progress. He takes it very little, he suggest doing little exposures everyday that push you out of your comfort zone.
The anxiety technque he shares has a bit of meditation/mindfullness touch. When you have an anxiety attack just observe the subject, as if you were a medical professional who jsut notices the symptoms without being upset about the anxiety or analyzing it. Just observe the sesnation "now i feel tightness in my chest, my heart is beating etc.". You do it until you feel calm.

So its a mix of techniques and a exposure plan which isnt to scary, just little tiny steps. I didnt have much sucess with it, but i wasnt really commited back then. All in all Jon Mercers system for anxiety is worth a try, because if you do the things everyday you will notice positive benefits.

I also buyed the social anxiety secrets, these ar little mind games you play in your head while in a social situation. There are 10 different strategies. I dont remember them all but one i like was this: imagine you are a CEO of the place you are now in(supermarket, place of the party, workplace .. whatever) and you have a 1.000.000.000 Dollar check in the bag. Your goal is to find the person who wins the 1.000.000.00 dollar check, so your looking for positive traits in other persons rather than the negatives which you may mostly see. You are the judger, the people dont judge you because you are the CEo, you own this place you are in.
When you leave the social setting just imagine you take that check out of your bag and give it to the person who mostly deserves it.

The social anxiety strategies are also worth a try. Its a nice tool to have.

Hope this helps

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page