Anxiety & Phobia Workbook - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Anxiety & Phobia Workbook

I just ordered the "Anxiety & Phobia Workbook" from overstock.com. I took a quick look at it at Borders and read the reviews online at Amazon.com. I think it looks good, and I'm wondering if anyone here has found it helpful?

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 02:41 PM

My Dad (the psychologist) bought this for me a few years back. It has spent several years just sitting on my shelf. However, today I pulled it out for the first time. What a coincidence that I came across this website on the very same day.

I didn't get a chance to read it before work today, but I'll give you a full report tomorrow.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 PM
bk
SAS Member

I've read it a couple of times. To be honest I didn't like it at all and I can't think of a single thing I took away from that book.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:56 AM
The Awesome One!

I like this book a lot. There are a lot of things in the bood that have helped me. Actually, I found many resources online

I especially like the way it helps you to create a detailed plan of action and there are many things you can choose from since different things work for different people. I used to be somewhat narrow minded and dismissed certain things that didn't seem useful to me. But at times when I got stuck, I either went back to things that I already looked at and maybe didn't use properly or looked at the things that I dismissed. Because I kept going and looking, I feel very confident now. There are a few areas where I don't want to feel the anxiety (e.g. Toastmaster) but now I know that I will achieve my goals.

Of course, you'll have to do your part of the work that won't be easy but I'm at a state where I can say that going through the hard things was definitely worth it.

Good luck!

VanDamme
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 10:28 PM

If this is the one by Edmund J. Bourne, I bought it only because I saw it in the book store one day and the title caught my eye. I haven't read through it, I tried doing the exercises as I read it and I became frustrated pretty quickly. I think what I should do it read it all the way through and then tackle the steps.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page