The Ugly People's Club - Page 30 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #581 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 04:57 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskMeLater View Post
I think I should be in this. This thread is hilarious. It started in 2013, LOL. I was like wha?? huh. oh. I was reading it as if it was last week. 2013 tho. LOL. That made it funnier.
Why is it hilarious? I think it’s really good and the only one of its type as far as I can see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 08:18 AM
SAS Member

my life

post #583 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 10:07 PM
SAS Member

Finally, somewhere I can feel accepted. ; )

...Damn it. : (

see, i'm real...if you want me to be.

post #584 of 598 (permalink) Old 08-06-2020, 03:38 AM
Royally F***ed

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
If you really love someone, that means wanting them to have the best partner possible.
Exactly. This is why I always say I'd never date someone I love, lol.

Quote:
These are the kind of women that get triggered by seeing the tall, blonde, skinny Victoria Secret models on the runway instead of the maybe fat, trans, disabled models that would better represent them.
Omg, hahaha. Tbh, I don't have any problem with beauty standards and I don't see any point in trying to change them.

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there.
post #585 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 04:17 AM
SAS Member

How is everyone doing?
post #586 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 01:31 AM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis419 View Post
How is everyone doing?
Uglily?

How are you doing, AB?

post #587 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Quote:
How is everyone doing?
Uglily?

How are you doing, AB?
Ha ha same! I saw something online somewhere where someone said ugly people like wearing the virus masks as it hides most of our faces. I’m sure we’ve said that here! Either way I wish I could wear it permanently after the pandemic is over...!
post #588 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 01:09 AM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Ha ha same! I saw something online somewhere where someone said ugly people like wearing the virus masks as it hides most of our faces. Im sure weve said that here! Either way I wish I could wear it permanently after the pandemic is over...!
Yeah, makes me feel slightly better. Maybe they'll become an acceptable fashion accessory. Full face mask would be even better.

post #589 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 04:09 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Ha ha same! I saw something online somewhere where someone said ugly people like wearing the virus masks as it hides most of our faces. I’m sure we’ve said that here! Either way I wish I could wear it permanently after the pandemic is over...!
Yeah, makes me feel slightly better. Maybe they'll become an acceptable fashion accessory. Full face mask would be even better.
Definitely! Though we will have to wear masks for some time I think so that’s something at least. I don’t know about you but I always feel guilty about going out etc because not only do people have to see me which is enough to make anyone throw up but they also have to put up with my awful “personality” too.
post #590 of 598 (permalink) Old 09-18-2020, 05:08 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenghard View Post
Well If you want me to describe myself:

-Short sized
-Kinky Hair
-Rough features (broad nose,full lips)
-Brown eyes
-Black hair
-Tanned skin
-Hairy
-Small face
-Big Eyebrows

Haha
So, no overbite?
post #591 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 03:33 AM
Royally F***ed

Damn. I'm way uglier than most of the people on YT making videos about being ugly, lol. I guess that shouldn't surprise me, though.

post #592 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 05:11 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Aggressive
Quote:
Damn. I'm way uglier than most of the people on YT making videos about being ugly, lol. I guess that shouldn't surprise me, though.
Show a pic of yourself? Im sure you are fine.

U might have this:

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), occasionally still called dysmorphophobia, is a mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and therefore warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix it.[1] In BDD's delusional variant, the flaw is imagined.[2] If the flaw is actual, its importance is severely exaggerated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder
post #593 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear24itself View Post
Show a pic of yourself? Im sure you are fine.

U might have this:

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), occasionally still called dysmorphophobia, is a mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and therefore warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix it.[1] In BDD's delusional variant, the flaw is imagined.[2] If the flaw is actual, its importance is severely exaggerated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder
Haha. The BIB is funny if you know anything about me. I made a thread about it.

I know all about BDD. I've gone back and forth on it for years. But I think the problem is that I'm trans. I'm not attractive as a man (maybe a 3/10), and if I showed people my picture they'd just say I was "average" or "fine" because that's what everyone says about unattractive people who don't have obvious facial deformities.

The problem is that I don't evaluate my appearance in terms of how attractive I am as a man; my brain evaluates it in terms of how attractive I am as a woman. By which standard I am a hideous beast. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who would disagree with that. For a woman, I am simply very ugly. Knowing that the problem is mostly that I'm trans doesn't alter my subjective experience of ugliness or change the way that people treat me (as a very ugly person). It's not "all in my head" the way it is for people with BDD.

But I appreciate the suggestion.

post #594 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 02:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Not sure if i've mentioned this, but I am actually really happy that it's normal to wear a mask right now. Now I just look fat, instead of fat and ugly.
post #595 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 04:33 PM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
Not sure if i've mentioned this, but I am actually really happy that it's normal to wear a mask right now. Now I just look fat, instead of fat and ugly.
I think a lot of people like the masks. I feel maybe 10% better wearing one when I'm interacting with people. It helps a little.

post #596 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 05:30 PM
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
People on YT who make videos on ANY topic related to not being successful in some way are quite a bit above the category of lowliness they seem to be speaking about. Not to undermine how they feel, I am sure they feel it in their own way, but it sure makes someone who is not the type of person whose video would appear in the first couple pages of results feel like they have to start looking for some other even worse club to try to join.
I remember watching this a few years ago
and hearing this "geek" talk about how he is depressed because he is so smart that it is overwhelming. Gee. I found this video in the first place because I was feeling down about being too stupid for my field.
Of course there are lots of overlooked people making videos, overlooked very likely because they are ugly.
I searched for "women having difficulty making friends with women" recently, and found attractive girls talking about how they have bad experience with drama... no, that's not what I meant...

bird
post #597 of 598 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 06:51 PM
Royally F***ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
People on YT who make videos on ANY topic related to not being successful in some way are quite a bit above the category of lowliness they seem to be speaking about. Not to undermine how they feel, I am sure they feel it in their own way, but it sure makes someone who is not the type of person whose video would appear in the first couple pages of results feel like they have to start looking for some other even worse club to try to join.
I remember watching this a few years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LHMG__bws and hearing this "geek" talk about how he is depressed because he is so smart that it is overwhelming. Gee. I found this video in the first place because I was feeling down about being too stupid for my field.
Of course there are lots of overlooked people making videos, overlooked very likely because they are ugly.
I searched for "women having difficulty making friends with women" recently, and found attractive girls talking about how they have bad experience with drama... no, that's not what I meant...
Yeah, it seems that way to me, too. I'm sure most of them do have problems, but I've been around mental illness all my life and I've seen how dysfunctional it can make people and I rarely see that level of dysfunction on YT. Probably because if you're that dysfunctional you're either not capable of creating a channel or you're not capable of getting and retaining subscribers. If the algorithm doesn't bury you, the discouragement will.

I've found a few videos by YTers that I can sort of relate to, but they're people with like a dozen subscribers and most of them only made a few videos before giving up. The comments they do get are usually negative. Some of them have deleted their videos. I rarely see my own experiences reflected in the trans YTers with 1,000 or more subscribers, and people with 100,000 or more might as well be living in another galaxy. So the best I can do is live vicariously through people who are much more functional than I am. But then they're describing experiences and problems that I don't really have.

Lizzie Velasquez is a good exception. But I sort of feel like she's the exception that proves the rule. Like, why watch my videos about being ugly when you can watch hers? Lol. She's so positive and affirming and such a great speaker and nobody wants to be depressed by an ugly person. I'd just depress people, even if a few people could relate. Depression bad, channel tanked.

I gave up on that video 6 min in. It would probably be better titled "Dealing with job stress as an IT professional". I'm sure the stress and exhaustion is real, but it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'm going through. Like, I'm not just too tired to work. I'm spending hours a day thinking about killing myself, and it's those lost hours and feelings of utter hopelessness that cut into my productivity. (And the time I spend here complaining.) If it makes you feel any better (and I have no idea why it would) I'm too stupid for my field, too. I think I'm probably about the least-successful indie author out there, in terms of how much time I put into it and how much money I get out of it. But I guess someone has to be the worst at what they do, and there's no reason it shouldn't be me.

I've been toying with the idea of starting my own YT channel precisely because I can't actually find content I can relate to. But like you said, my videos would probably just be overlooked anyway. So what's the point of even making them?

post #598 of 598 (permalink) Old Today, 10:38 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
I feel you bro I wish I could wear a mask all the time. It doesn’t hide anything but I hope that at least stops people from feeling sick when they see me!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page