SAS Member

Myers Briggs

Any other INFP’s ?
If not what is your Myers Briggs personality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 03:46 AM
SAS Member

INTJ for me. Makes up just 2% of the population apparently...could explain my struggles Overly analytical, arrogant (at times) and loathe highly structured environments are the weaknesses that resonate with me. The strengths are great though: strategic and imaginative mind, high self-confidence (ironically), independent, hard-working and determined, open-minded, jack-of-all-trades. Really accurate.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE. View Post
INTJ for me. Makes up just 2% of the population apparently...could explain my struggles Overly analytical, arrogant (at times) and loathe highly structured environments are the weaknesses that resonate with me. The strengths are great though: strategic and imaginative mind, high self-confidence (ironically), independent, hard-working and determine ed, open-minded, jack-of-all-trades. Really accurate.
Oh yes someone close to me is an INTJ hehehehe
I know all about INTJs

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I usually get INF/TP but I don't put much stock in the mbti.

If I read the descriptions a few of them fit. I suppose INFP/INTP fits the most because of the focus on completely failing at reality and disregarding environment for abstract thought about random crap that keeps coming up lol.

The memes are funny I just found these videos but it's mostly the ridiculous background music that really makes it:

Also the INTP paradox lmao. 'keeping the same tabs open for months because they contain information relevant to tasks you're too lazy to complete' honestly a lot of the memes for both these types are based on maladaptive daydreaming habits, ADHD traits, executive dysfunction, autistic traits, just generally being chaotic and dissociative.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
I usually get INTJ.
I don't really relate much to the description of INTJ's - at least when it comes to confidence, ambition, and decisiveness - I don't have any of that lol. Now, arrogance? Sometimes I can think I have things figured out when I really don't. Basically I'm only confident in myself when I end up regretting lol.

Life's Wack
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 08:43 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
INFJ. My S sometimes came out strong on tests but I think it's just because people have convinced me to ignore/distrust my own intuition, which, when I really listen to it, turns out to be correct more often than not. (Unfortunately.)*

Ironically, and kind of proving this point, I used to post on a message board long ago where a guy there was really adamant about "proving" I was an ISFJ rather than the INFJ I usually tested as (and believed I was), he even bought me a book to prove it. I caved in back then. Not anymore. I identify as an INFJ.

(*I know I could be completely misunderstanding exactly how this works but I'm at the point I don't feel like arguing about it anymore. I got tired of defending my type to people who are not in my head long ago. Those same people always tried to prove I was an Enneagram type different from the one I always tested as--and believed I was--too. So tiresome having other people tell you who you are and aren't.)

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
My Briggs & Stratton personality type is a lawn mower that wants to be a snowblower.

/WYSD
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 12:48 AM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
ENFP. Every time I've taken one of these tests. I'm a broken extrovert.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I usually get INF/TP but I don't put much stock in the mbti.

If I read the descriptions a few of them fit. I suppose INFP/INTP fits the most because of the focus on completely failing at reality and disregarding environment for abstract thought about random crap that keeps coming up lol.

The memes are funny I just found these videos but it's mostly the ridiculous background music that really makes it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnSvaNMdw2M

Also the INTP paradox lmao. 'keeping the same tabs open for months because they contain information relevant to tasks you're too lazy to complete' honestly a lot of the memes for both these types are based on maladaptive daydreaming habits, ADHD traits, executive dysfunction, autistic traits, just generally being chaotic and dissociative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LXnNJD7m74
Thanks for sharing those videos! That INFP memes was hilarious
Honestly just from an outsider and based on your posts I might say you may be an INTP
Being an INFP I don’t see my self as always expressive as I see your posts so that’s how I come to that conclusion but I’m just taking a guess.
I hope I can be more of an ENFP one day
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
ENFP. Every time I've taken one of these tests. I'm a broken extrovert.
I need to be an ENFP
May I ask what your occupation is or was since no ones really working atm
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 02:43 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Tired
Yes.

Quote:
INFP Personality Type: The Creative Seeker

By Dr. A.J. Drenth
[...]

INFP Functional Stack

Dominant: Introverted Feeling (Fi)
Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
Tertiary: Introverted Sensing (Si)
Inferior: Extraverted Thinking (Te)

[...]

INFPs’ Dominant Function: Introverted Feeling (Fi)

INFPs are deeply aware of and in touch with their inner landscape. Their dominant Fi is inwardly focused and adept at evaluating and handling their personal tastes, values, and emotions. Because Fi is introverted in direction, INFPs process their emotions and experiences on a largely independent basis. With each new feeling, experience, or idea they evaluate, their sense of self becomes a little clearer. This was nicely enumerated by one of our blog readers:
My inner values and feelings (Fi) are like a building, a structure of affections that inform my worldview. This involves an inner love for certain things, and an inner repulsion for other things. My values and feelings form “blocks” of varying hardness, depending on how strongly I feel about them; the stronger ones are more resilient…I constantly discover more about the structure as I go, and what I should change to make it better. For example, I didn’t have to factually discern a respect for human dignity; I simply found myself in situations where people did not respect human dignity, and it made me angry—I found out that I hate bullying.
By reflecting on the experiences of life, whether gleaned from fiction or real life, INFPs come to better understand themselves. Despite this journey toward deeper understanding, INFPs often feel that their self-understanding remains incomplete. They may still feel they don’t know themselves well enough to wholeheartedly commit to a certain path in life. And they feel it is only through a more complete or definite self-understanding that they will be capable of acting with full authenticity and conviction.
In addition to its role in shaping INFPs’ self-understanding and identity, Fi can develop deep attachments and loyalties to certain externalities. INFPs are particularly prone to empathize with and develop attachments to those unable to help or care for themselves—animals, children, the less fortunate, victims of injustice, etc. They can often be found caring for the elderly, sick, disabled, and disenfranchised. Animal lovers to the core, they shower their pets with affection while also showing deep concern for strays. If sufficiently moved or inspired, INFPs may also take up a niche cause, such as garnering research funding for a rare disease affecting a loved one. Finally, many INFPs want (or will eventually want) their own children. Children can serve as a reliable and rewarding lifelong investment for INFPs’ love and attention.
Due to the introverted nature of Fi, INFPs’ status as feelers is not always evident from without. When immersed in Fi, they can seem a bit cool, aloof, or indifferent. Jung, rarely one to mince words in his type descriptions, described the introverted feeler (i.e., IFPs) in the following way:
They are mostly silent, inaccessible, hard to understand; often they hide behind a childish or banal mask, and their temperament is inclined to melancholy…Their outward demeanor is harmonious, inconspicuous…with no desire to affect others, to impress, influence or change them in any way. If this is more pronounced, it arouses suspicion of indifference and coldness…Although there is a constant readiness for peaceful and harmonious co-existence, strangers are shown no touch of amiability, no gleam of responsive warmth…It might seem on a superficial view that they have no feelings at all.
Of course, this sort of outer presentation belies what we know about INFPs’ inner world, which is abundant with life and feeling. It is also true that many INFPs compensate for their lack of Extraverted Feeling (Fe) by invoking their auxiliary Ne. When wielding Ne, INFPs are more outwardly open, receptive, quirky, and engaging.
INFPs’ Auxiliary Function: Extraverted Intuition (Ne)

Ne demands novelty. It craves new ideas, connections, and possibilities. It seeks to understand the world (and the self) through the lens of ideas. It therefore comes as no surprise that Ne plays a prominent role in INFPs’ search for self.
Among Ne’s manifold talents is its knack for sniffing out intriguing possibilities. As we’ve seen, INFPs commonly assume the role of wanderer or seeker. Rarely do they know exactly what they are seeking, which is largely why operating in Ne mode can be exhilarating. Ne can be associated with a sense of blind anticipation and expectation, of not knowing who or what will manifest next in one’s life journey. INFPs relish the sense of adventure, expectancy, and wonderment conferred by Ne. This is one reason they enjoy traveling. The idea of exploring nature or different cultures feels rife with possibilities. A serendipitous encounter with a kindred spirit, the discovery of a life-changing book, finding inspiration through ancient art and architecture, such are the anticipated rewards of following Ne.
Ne can function either expressively or receptively. The verbal expression of Ne amounts to something like “brainstorming aloud.” When speaking, INFPs may at times struggle to make their point, as Ne bounces from one idea or association to the next. Even ideas that seem inwardly cogent to the INFP may scatter when expressed, like a ray of light passing through a prism.
On a more positive note, INFPs often capitalize on the divergent and diversifying effects of Ne through inspired works of art or innovation. Whether they realize or not, INFPs are among the most profoundly creative of all types.
When operating receptively, Ne prompts INFPs to gather information. It scans for new patterns, associations, and possibilities. INFPs commonly exercise this side of their Ne through activities such as reading, research, entertainment, and conversation with others.
In engaging with others, INFPs enjoy asking probing questions. They find it interesting to explore the unique qualities of every individual, as well as the life story that explains or gives context to those characteristics. Hence, INFPs are typically viewed as good listeners as well as facilitators of conversation. Others sense and appreciate that the INFP is authentically interested in understanding them for who they are as individuals, and that they are doing so in a non-threatening and non-judgmental way.
Like INTPs, INFPs have a love-hate relationship with their Ne. They relish the sense of wonder, curiosity, and anticipation it instills, as well as its creativity and openness. Without their Ne, they would not be the seekers and creatives that they are. But living with Ne is not without its challenges. For one, it can make it difficult for INFPs to arrive at firm conclusions or make important life decisions. It often seems that at the very moment they feel confident about a given conclusion or decision, Ne finds a way to inject doubt and uncertainty. This can be frustrating for INFPs who feel they are working so hard to find their rightful place in the world. At times, Ne may even cause them to worry that they have made no real progress toward anything substantial, or worse, that they may never find what they are looking for.
INFPs’ Tertiary Function: Introverted Sensing (Si)

Introverted Sensing (Si) is a conservative function. It engenders a concern and respect for the past—for what is routine, familiar, or traditional.
While INFPs may appreciate some amount of routine in their lives, such as devoting a certain time of day to creative work, they are less inclined to wholeheartedly embrace traditions or conventions in the manner of SJ types. For INFPs, a full embrace of tradition can only emerge authentically after they explore it (and its alternatives) through the lens of Fi and Ne. So even when a given tradition manages to pass muster, it is only after INFPs have personalized it and made it their own, interpreting it in a way that resonates with their deepest values.
The influence of Si may also be reflected in INFPs’ attitudes toward money and material goods. INFPs are often minimalists with respect to possessions. Many opt for rather simple living arrangements so they can devote more time and energy to pursuing their true passions. This tendency toward material minimalism is often discernible in their style of dress and artistic preferences. Namely, their approach often entails the creative reuse or recombination (Ne) of pre-existing resources (Si) to fashion something new. In this spirit, many INFPs supply their wardrobes, homes, and art rooms with items from thrift shops, antique stores, or garage sales.
An oft overlooked feature of Si is its role in the perception of internal bodily sensations—the body as felt and experienced from within. Si can be associated with the raw and basic sense of “being” that exists apart from thought or outward stimuli. Historically, Eastern philosophical and religious traditions have led the way in exploring this domain of human experience through practices such as yoga, Tai-Chi, or meditation. Because of INFPs’ openness to new experiences (Ne), as well as their desire to explore the mind-body connection and enhance their sense of well-being, many are drawn to these sorts of holistic practices (especially yoga).

[.....]
https://personalityjunkie.com/infp-p...-type-profile/
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 04:09 AM
Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluorish View Post
Thanks for sharing those videos! That INFP memes was hilarious
Honestly just from an outsider and based on your posts I might say you may be an INTP
Being an INFP I don’t see my self as always expressive as I see your posts so that’s how I come to that conclusion but I’m just taking a guess.
I hope I can be more of an ENFP one day
Yeah I relate to some parts of the description like on this site:

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

This site compares them:

https://www.truity.com/blog/infp-vs-...ell-them-apart

I found this quote too:

Quote:
Absent-mindedness. INTPs aren’t labeled “absentminded professors” for no reason. At their worst, they tend to be scattered and disorganized. Intellectual and high-minded, they get caught up in their own brains and fail to deal with the low-level tedium of the here and now such as bills or deadlines. They fail may fail to conform to even the basic expectations of daily life in society.
lol.

I probably used to be more INFP like before I became more cynical. I think I express INTP traits more though in forum posts, but I can see why it's borderline. I think I'm probably more cold and less empathetic than the INFP stereotype, also less bothered by conflict, but also less cold and logical than the INTP one and I'm motivated by gathering knowledge and values so. But I also blend disparate ideas from different places a lot which is supposedly an INTP thing, but not really shiftable based on moral values. I also like fantasy symbols and imaginative worlds a lot, which is supposedly more of an INFP thing than INTP.

I relate to all of this really because I read more non-fiction now than fiction (and don't read much at all because of my attention span,) and I'm drawn to weird viewpoints that I often disagree with, but the first paragraph also applies:

Quote:
Inner worlds of INFPs are bursting with colours, dreams, and fantasies. They’re especially drawn to stories with complex, intriguing characters that defy expectations (due to primary Fi). In video games, this means interesting storylines that evoke emotion and resonance. The most important part of any media is to identify with a part of it and see how it can play out and intertwine with their lives.

INTPs, in contrast, prefer non-fiction as there are no complicating feelings and a slew of relationships to figure out. They may find their noses in a science magazine, glossary or appendix of a textbook. (Heck, maybe even the dictionary or thesaurus.) They’re also suckers for in-depth, well-researched opinion pieces, as they’re open to differing viewpoints. With fiction, they’ll appreciate if there are some real-life elements integrated into the plot. How-tos and walkthroughs are also right up their alley.
More like INTP here:

Quote:
The grip function of the two types differ drastically. When both are under extreme conditions, they’ll behave in a way unnatural to their natural preferences. As for the INFP, common behaviors include excessive working, exercising, or socializing to distract, numb, and block out whatever’s on their mind. This may present itself to those unknowing of the true situation as a burst of productivity or motivation, when in reality, it’s a defense mechanism linked to escapism.

The INTP has the potential to erupt with anger and may even cry a river during times where Ti, Ne, and Si have all failed in the grand course of events. Desperate measures now enter the scene. Extraverted Feeling (Fe) as mentioned before, will be quite underdeveloped and forge a good fight. They will hit the “isolate self from everyone” button faster than you could blink, and may develop a hefty case of trust issues along with the stress.
(the INFP description sounds like my mum tbh as soon as she gets stressed which is quite often, she has to be doing everything, also when she's upset. And my response is very much 'I'm going to cut out everyone and run away to a cabin in the wilderness or I get very angry about stuff.)

Yeah not going to keep quoting it all though lol.

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 11:58 AM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
I need to be an ENFP
May I ask what your occupation is or was since no ones really working atm
Not sure that's the sort of thing you can control.

I worked in retail, managing and sales, mostly. Until the company went bankrupt. Hated every moment of it. I've been a freelance writer and editor since then, mostly self-publishing fiction. I like writing, but I don't make any money.

I probably would have been a therapist if I hadn't been so messed up myself. Or a lecturer. I'm a huge psych nerd, and I love helping people with their problems. It's all a matter of whether I do that one-on-one, in therapy, or by getting up on a stage. Having a YouTube channel is another option. But I have … issues … with my appearance. (Actually the reason I wound up in therapy.)

I'm extroverted by nature, I just happen to have a phobia of people. Being trapped in the house by my pathological fears is hell for me. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of time to dwell on it.

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish, English, German
I don't get what people see in this test. It's about as useful as a horoscope. All it does is take something as complex and unique as human personalities and slot you into one of 16 categories and spit back at you some of the shallow responses you fed it.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeta View Post
I don't get what people see in this test. It's about as useful as a horoscope.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringy Snowflake View Post
Your username cringy snowflake kinda reminds me of myself sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Yeah I relate to some parts of the description like on this site:

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

This site compares them:

https://www.truity.com/blog/infp-vs-...ell-them-apart

I found this quote too:

lol.

I probably used to be more INFP like before I became more cynical. I think I express INTP traits more though in forum posts, but I can see why it's borderline. I think I'm probably more cold and less empathetic than the INFP stereotype, also less bothered by conflict, but also less cold and logical than the INTP one and I'm motivated by gathering knowledge and values so. But I also blend disparate ideas from different places a lot which is supposedly an INTP thing, but not really shiftable based on moral values. I also like fantasy symbols and imaginative worlds a lot, which is supposedly more of an INFP thing than INTP.

I relate to all of this really because I read more non-fiction now than fiction (and don't read much at all because of my attention span,) and I'm drawn to weird viewpoints that I often disagree with, but the first paragraph also applies:

More like INTP here:

(the INFP description sounds like my mum tbh as soon as she gets stressed which is quite often, she has to be doing everything, also when she's upset. And my response is very much 'I'm going to cut out everyone and run away to a cabin in the wilderness or I get very angry about stuff.)

Yeah not going to keep quoting it all though lol.
It’s great to see someone knowing all about them selves honestly. I need to dive deeper into being able to express who I am to people, instead of just saying something like I’m a nice caring person lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeta View Post
I don't get what people see in this test. It's about as useful as a horoscope. All it does is take something as complex and unique as human personalities and slot you into one of 16 categories and spit back at you some of the shallow responses you fed it.
I think it’s fairly accurate maybe even more than horoscopes even though that might be a stretch
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Not sure that's the sort of thing you can control.

I worked in retail, managing and sales, mostly. Until the company went bankrupt. Hated every moment of it. I've been a freelance writer and editor since then, mostly self-publishing fiction. I like writing, but I don't make any money.

I probably would have been a therapist if I hadn't been so messed up myself. Or a lecturer. I'm a huge psych nerd, and I love helping people with their problems. It's all a matter of whether I do that one-on-one, in therapy, or by getting up on a stage. Having a YouTube channel is another option. But I have … issues … with my appearance. (Actually the reason I wound up in therapy.)

I'm extroverted by nature, I just happen to have a phobia of people. Being trapped in the house by my pathological fears is hell for me. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of time to dwell on it.
Iv been in managing as well, and honestly the thought of writing intrigued me but like u said I don’t know where the money comes from for that. I also love helping people I belive it’s a trait of the INFP ENFP not to say others don’t like the same thing u could still do YouTube give it a go? What have u got to lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Thanks for replying.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 08:12 AM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish, English, German
Quote:
I think it’s fairly accurate maybe even more than horoscopes even though that might be a stretch
It's not accurate by any means. It works like this:
"Are you disorganised?"
"Yes."
"Congratulations, you're disorganised, also you are in the same group as Isaac Newton because he said that he was kind of disorganised in a letter, maybe."

I think it only became popular because these days people latch onto anything that gives them a cool acronym/flag, even disabilities or impairments like aphantasia, because they feel special and part of a small group.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Villain

It is more accurate than horoscopes, but as personality tests go, it's less accurate than others and frequently criticised by social scientists. I think it's based on some of Jung's work.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page