good bye - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

good bye

Deleted For Privacy Reasons.

Last edited by I_Exist; 10-01-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Deleted For Privacy Reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:10 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
You're ok man. No one is perfect.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Sorry...

My Mood: Crappy
DON'T LEAVE Noo

Not everyone on this site has to necessarily do something to belong here. This is a place for anyone who feels like they don't belong/and well for anyone who has social anxiety, however if you feel that it'll benefit you if you venture off into the real world... I guess I understand.

But you're wanted here, at least by me! I hope whatever you decide, that it's for the benefit of your life.

Good bye friend, or I'm glad you've chosen to stay friend. .-.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Permanently Banned

You're just facing a very emotional moment right now. Don't be too hard on yourself.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Yeehaw
I'm jealous that he has found a way out. Stop encouraging him to stay. The best thing for all of us to do is leave this place. Do not listen to people who are telling you to take it easy and hang around. Leaving SAS is a step in the right direction. One day I'm gonna jump ship too, but I'm not ready yet. One day though

▲▲
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Use private messages.

My Mood: Lonely
I'm so bad at talking to people that on this site alone, in the couple months I've been hanging around, I still don't have anyone who talks to me regularly; I've offended people deeply without trying, I've struggled to get someone to even reply, and I've even been blocked by someone after 10 minutes of conversation without even knowing what I said - I had to explain the conversation to someone else to try and figure out what I did wrong, and I still don't get it.

It's not just you. I'm next level sh** socially. Just talking to someone online at all seems to actually hurt them. It's pretty bad. I'm like that chicken from Xmen except I kill with social awkwardness rather than touching.

Hang out and see what happens. I'm getting worse at it by the day, but I can assure you that after running away from things like this my whole life, it didn't get better. It got worse. I've already freaked and left this site for a while. Didn't help. Actually made it a little worse I think. Probably should have stayed gone. Anyway. It was all bad.

No longer posting or reading the public forum.
Please send a PM (or email), I'll still be checking my messages as long as I have any.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:36 PM
insert witty comment here

OP, lots of people on here are broken. You aren't so different. Stay!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Hiding under my blankets

My Mood: Sleepy
A lot of the people here have good points, I'll try to outline it all and give you the best answer that I think you can use. The reason I'm on here is to surround myself with people like me and look for a continuous mode of support that can either help me combat my SA or cope with my SA. Since combating it hasn't really helped me, I'm learning on how to cope with it at least. Thus, I find myself staying with the site because I've found a good mode of support and have made some friends on here that I regularly talk to. Now I know that making friends anywhere for people like us with SA is really hard, but I guess this has only happened by chance for me and for that I'm at least grateful. Now if I had found a mode of support outside of this site while I still signed up for the site, then I would probably leave, but I haven't found that mode of support to combat it so I have learned to try and cope with it and have decided to stick around here. It's a matter of whatever you feels like helps you the most, even the littlest bit. Some may say that this place is bad, some may say that it is good and helps people with SA, ultimately it is up to you.

What I will also tell you is that you aren't useless, you aren't a burden on others. You're a human just like the rest of us that happens to have SA.

I used to give one of my really good friends crap for trying to drink her problems away, now I feel like a hypocrite because usually the only time I feel happy now is at the bottom of a bottle.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:35 AM
Permanently Banned

This site ranges from people with severe social phobia and other mental illnesses to extroverts with very little social anxiety. You don't need to kick yourself because you have trouble socializing with people here. For others here it comes natural dealing with people and they can make friends at ease, that's just life. It doesn't mean you're a defective person or anything.

You can just look at SAS like a venting site, or a place to have some light social interaction. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 04:33 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
I'm a waste of space too.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 AM
The Warrior Kitty-Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn81 View Post
I'm so bad at talking to people that on this site alone, in the couple months I've been hanging around, I still don't have anyone who talks to me regularly; I've offended people deeply without trying, I've struggled to get someone to even reply, and I've even been blocked by someone after 10 minutes of conversation without even knowing what I said - I had to explain the conversation to someone else to try and figure out what I did wrong, and I still don't get it.

It's not just you. I'm next level sh** socially. Just talking to someone online at all seems to actually hurt them. It's pretty bad. I'm like that chicken from Xmen except I kill with social awkwardness rather than touching.

Hang out and see what happens. I'm getting worse at it by the day, but I can assure you that after running away from things like this my whole life, it didn't get better. It got worse. I've already freaked and left this site for a while. Didn't help. Actually made it a little worse I think. Probably should have stayed gone. Anyway. It was all bad.
I can't believe you are that bad. You seem cool to me. That pic is a little scary. A lot of people have scary pics on here.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWaLearningDisability View Post
I never wanted to hurt anyone, or cause people to get upset about anything. I'm convinced that there is something wrong with me, but I don't think it's really social anxiety. For some reason I just don't know how to relate to people. I feel that Must admit that it's just as hard for me to be what they need, both online and offline. I've been at that this research for far too long, and I still don't know. I still don't understand myself. I want to say good bye to this site and most of all other online forums that I have ever been apart of. If only I could say "goodbye to myself" as well. Even though I want to strive to not be selfish, I somehow I end up alone and focusing on myself. I'm so messed up, that I think It's time to quit. I don't like to be called a quitter, but what good does it do to climb a mountain that you can never reach the top? I don't get it. I think what troubles me the most is how I've been no good use to any of you, nor have I been any good at helping myself. What's the point? That's why I feel that I should just say good bye to everyone, and never come back.
Please don't leave. I can relate to a lot of what you've said. If you ever feel like you want to chat, feel free to hit me up in PM. I can't relate to anyone either. But perhaps we can provide each other at least with some insight as to why that way be.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 12:14 PM
SAS Member

There are millions of people on this site for various reasons, and you don't have to have social anxiety disorder to be here or let anyone tell you your problems are not social anxiety and you don't have to be a use to anyone. Just by you existing, you add one more person to the collective whole of experiences logged in here for maybe future generations to see. For someone researching social anxiety in the future, this is a goldmine. Stay here, stay put and post your experiences, good and bad, so maybe somewhere out there when a person like you in the future feels like this, they can read your posts and be like, man someone like me went through that or wow that helped them, I'm gonna try that!

Also you are aware of yourself and how you affect yourself, so that is good. You've already passed one hurdle in overcoming social anxiety -- self-awareness.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Use private messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenacat View Post
I can't believe you are that bad. You seem cool to me. That pic is a little scary. A lot of people have scary pics on here.
It's that bad. I'm not sure how, but it's really bad. My social skills are beyond simply awkward - I can actually really upset people without trying to or without even realizing it, which is not my intent, but frequently the result.

The picture kind of reflects me. Pretty scary. Maybe that ties in to the above or something. I don't try to be scary online or in person, but I have permanent murderface and always come across as mad/upset, but it's just the depression.

Plus it looks pretty much exactly like me, except I just trimmed the beard a bit shorter.

Please send a PM (or email), I'll still be checking my messages as long as I have any.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 PM
The Warrior Kitty-Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn81 View Post
It's that bad. I'm not sure how, but it's really bad. My social skills are beyond simply awkward - I can actually really upset people without trying to or without even realizing it, which is not my intent, but frequently the result.

The picture kind of reflects me. Pretty scary. Maybe that ties in to the above or something. I don't try to be scary online or in person, but I have permanent murderface and always come across as mad/upset, but it's just the depression.

Plus it looks pretty much exactly like me, except I just trimmed the beard a bit shorter.
Well if you want to chat I'm game. I have SA but talking online doesn't bother me. My SA culminates at work where I don't feel I fit in, in some situations I'm totally fine.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Whalien Whalien

We are all on this site for different reasons, I think something to remember is that you can never please other people all the time and you shouldn't try too. Humans are rather fickle and very different, if you spend your entire life trying to be everyone's friend then your gonna burn yourself out for nothing.
Try and remain open minded to positive interactions but look after yourself, you're gonna be stuck with yourself for the rest of life after all so isn't it better to try and befriend yourself?

Good luck to you OP in doing what you choose, do what you think is the right thing.

It can't rain all the time

Even in the far future, never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now, youíre just taking a break
Donít give up, you know.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Use private messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenacat View Post
Well if you want to chat I'm game. I have SA but talking online doesn't bother me. My SA culminates at work where I don't feel I fit in, in some situations I'm totally fine.
I'm even horribly anxious online, and a little gunshy around here after the way things have been going with trying to talk to people, but I'm trying to keep at it (mostly because I literally have nothing else to do), so I'd be willing to talk any time. It's been a while since I "put myself out there" to try and make some friends, even online, so I'm kinda bad at it.

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 09:10 PM
SAS Member

Every human being suffers with lonliness, sadness, depression, disappointment, regret, misunderstandings, etc. Some of us suffer more than others. Please stick around. Everyone has something to contribute, including you!
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Stan the Man

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWaLearningDisability View Post
I never wanted to hurt anyone, or cause people to get upset about anything. I'm convinced that there is something wrong with me, but I don't think it's really social anxiety. For some reason I just don't know how to relate to people. I feel that Must admit that it's just as hard for me to be what they need, both online and offline. I've been at that this research for far too long, and I still don't know. I still don't understand myself. I want to say good bye to this site and most of all other online forums that I have ever been apart of. If only I could say "goodbye to myself" as well. Even though I want to strive to not be selfish, I somehow I end up alone and focusing on myself. I'm so messed up, that I think It's time to quit. I don't like to be called a quitter, but what good does it do to climb a mountain that you can never reach the top? I don't get it. I think what troubles me the most is how I've been no good use to any of you, nor have I been any good at helping myself. What's the point? That's why I feel that I should just say good bye to everyone, and never come back.
I've always enjoyed your posts...and appreciate your kind words in the compliments thread. I hope you change your mind. I wish you all the best in the future, buddy.

Always happy to talk to folks!
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 06:18 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
bad bye

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page