Any Zoom / video chat SA support groups out there? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2020, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Any Zoom / video chat SA support groups out there?

Hi guys,
I'm on the hunt for a social anxiety support group that's online via Zoom or some other video chat. Preferably run by a mental health professional, but I'm not picky.
I've been looking, but everything I've found so far is either a regional thing only temporarily moved online due to COVID, wants me to pay money, or is a forum or chatroom type thing.
Like, I know we're all too afraid to talk to each other face-to-face if we don't have to, but come on y'all xD
Anybody know of anything like this that exists out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2020, 07:42 AM
SAS Member

We all know the stigma of mental health. Being anonymous here is one of the things I treasure about this website...it allows me to discuss issues without worrying about someone close finding out. I wouldn't be comfortable doing this on a video chat. But if that's what you want, I wish you luck.

When is a Door not a door ?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2020, 02:11 AM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
I wouldn't mind at all though I wouldn't show myself on video, just personally speaking. I've been on a forum zoom meeting where it's been 2-3 people talking with each other and a few others chilling out. I think it's a good idea but maybe with a moderator and personal invite, an even better idea. So far, I don't know if a moderated zoom chat exists.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 05:51 AM
SAS Member

You should create a website for an SA group for Zoom, i am sure it will work. Maybe theres some way you can use SAS to promote this site, just link it in the description of your signature.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2020, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPeanuts View Post
You should create a website for an SA group for Zoom, i am sure it will work. Maybe theres some way you can use SAS to promote this site, just link it in the description of your signature.
Yeah, it's a thought I've been having, starting something of my own. I've been amazed thus far at how few resources there are out there for social anxiety disorder! I don't think I'd have the nerve to do it, though, at least not yet. Maybe a project for future me down the line
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 06:24 PM
SAS Member

I'm on here looking for a zoom support meeting. Add me to the list if you're going to do one please

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page