Was always teased for being overweight.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Was always teased for being overweight..

I was always teased for being overweight in school years ago. The past year I've totally cut out junk food and joined the gym 5 days a week as of now my personal trainer recommends I lose more weight even though I really have no stomach fat . I'm confused is my fitness guide giving good advice here? I'm 6'3 and weigh around 9/10 stone is that a healthy weight to be at?? I'm confused I'm rarely called fat anymore either.. I have provided a few pictures including a topless picture.. What's you guys opinion?
http://imgur.com/a/OuxD6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 AM
Soothsayer

I think you're anorexic and have body dysmorphic disorder

Not very good at this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:48 AM
Why?

You're 6'3" and weigh 9/10 stone? No, that is not a healthy weight. You're definitely underweight. Pretty severely if you're closer to 9 stone. I can't understand why any trainer would tell you to lose more weight.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:53 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
You should definately put on a little amount of fleash again.

... and how women are especially affected by that.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 03:50 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
First of all, welcome to SAS.

I'd go beyond saying that your instructor is giving you bad advice, they are giving you very unhealthy, potentially dangerous advice and it's a good thing you've had the presence of mind to question that advice.

I don't usually find myself in situations where I feel quoting BMI is entirely relevant, sometimes with body building, given the low fat and high muscle compositions people target, the scales can be inaccurate, but in this instance, it probably could not apply more. Your healthy minimum weight at 6'3 is 150lb (10.7 stone), your healthy maximum weight is 195lb(13.9 stone). At 9 to 10 stone, you are chronically underweight for your height.

But every cloud and all that! You have a good base to build on. What kind of exercise do you do at the gym and are you familiar with dieting for clean weight gain?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 04:05 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNeill View Post
my personal trainer recommends I lose more weight even though I really have no stomach fat . I'm confused is my fitness guide giving good advice here?
Definitely not, he's giving some bad advice if he thinks you need to lose any more :-(
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 08:20 AM
SAS Member

I wasn't going to but this upsets me ...

Okay love, I have no idea the archaic measurement of a stone but I know what I see from the pictures. You are severely underweight. Someone else hinted on that you might have BDD or anorexia which would be entirely understandable considering events in your life. You need therapy for that and/or at least a certified nutritionalist. You aren't in a healthy state currently: like a pendulum swinging from one extreme to the other. I hope you get well and the help needed to gain as well as be able to see your true form in its healthy shape.

Also if this 'trainer' is enabling this...fire him immediately. As in, yesterday. I want him gone. A nutritionalist would be good to have currently. You've already lost the weight. Now you need to work on eating right and knowing what is healthy for you. Which it seems you already know this isn't right.

Vulnerability is a feast. Don't let them see, don't let them see.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 08:31 AM
SAS Member

eat more and lift weights . you look frail.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!

My Mood: Angelic
you need to gain weight. from the pics, we cannot tell the height, but you definitely arent anywhere even near 10 stone ( 140 lbs) you are waay waay less that that,
you look barely 7 stone ( 98 lbs).

no trainer would be telling you to lose more weight. i think you need to seek some other help .

but you have the good bone structure... you will get a good body be eating properly and excersising now. if you continue to be so thin or even lose more... your are risk of osteoperosos and other malnutrition problems.

Waiting for a beam to break through here,
A chain-way vision bright and clear,
This must be it,
Longed for Bliss,
First it was so quiet and now I know I am not alone in here.

If you can read this, you must look at my profile page. I like people who have attention to detail, and curiosity. Have a look, the lion's torso is on diplay :-p
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNeill View Post
I was always teased for being overweight in school years ago. The past year I've totally cut out junk food and joined the gym 5 days a week as of now my personal trainer recommends I lose more weight even though I really have no stomach fat . I'm confused is my fitness guide giving good advice here? I'm 6'3 and weigh around 9/10 stone is that a healthy weight to be at?? I'm confused I'm rarely called fat anymore either.. I have provided a few pictures including a topless picture.. What's you guys opinion?
http://imgur.com/a/OuxD6
You should definitely not listen to your trainer.
I don't know stones, but from the pictures I can tell you are underweight. I don't know if you haven't already slipped into anorexia. Please get yourself out of that. Eat what your body asks you to eat and I'd even say don't go to the gym until you are healthy and nourished again.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Your bones & ribs are sticking out and your throat looks that way because you're underweight. You should see those things yourself. Don't think about lifting or exercising now. Think about nourishing yourself, fatten yourself up to the healthy weight were you are fit enough to then start exercising if you still want to.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page