random workout thoughts.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

random workout thoughts..

Feel free to contribute.. just anything that has to do with your body, some else's body, the gym, supplements, anything fitness:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

I'm using a supplement called "Pre-Jym".. best i've used.. No jitters!
post #3 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Top 5 Poster

Protein builds muscle dont expect to build muscle without it

Protein is to muscle as cement is to a wall

3 time SAS poster of the month award winner.

post #4 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Barbells and kittens

I finally got through a little plateau I'd been stuck at for three weeks earlier today. I took an extra rest day this weekend and I guess it was just what I needed.
post #5 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

this loser can't do a whole shift without having his family come in to keep him company.

It's not professional at all, but it's a small town. In a large gym, he'd be fired.

So his hell-hag (wife) and his brothers and their father, stand there at the front desk, making small talk.

What's even worse, if you're in there to work out, and that's it.. They make fun of you or crack jokes. Now i find that amusing that they can make jokes about fit people, and they'don't workout at all.

There are about 6-7 of them standing around at the front desk, and there is not one damn BUTT in the whole family. Not even half of one.

They stand there bending over the counter - flat as*&*s and all, clowning. And because their brother owns the gym, they think they are the sh*&*t..

They all look like the street version of the Brady Bunch.. Standing around at the counter, shoulder to shoulder grinning like a bunch of dumb as*&es..
post #6 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM
caffeine user

My hip flexors were so tight today that I could not go below parallel on squat. I also got really light headed after each set.
post #7 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 01:15 PM
SAS Member

Not a fan of this time of year. The way our cardio room is set up is so all the machines are facing towards the entrances of the room, so when you walk in, everyone is staring at you. With all the new years resolution people there, i'd say our cardio room has about 80-100 people in it, all staring at you as you walk in. There's also almost no open treadmills or ellipticals, so my anxiety was pretty high today walking in and being stared at then having to select a machine between 2 people (usually I like machines with empty machines on either side).

Basically looking forward to mid-late January when all the new years people stop cluttering the gym.
post #8 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 01:29 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
Not a fan of this time of year. The way our cardio room is set up is so all the machines are facing towards the entrances of the room, so when you walk in, everyone is staring at you. With all the new years resolution people there, i'd say our cardio room has about 80-100 people in it, all staring at you as you walk in. There's also almost no open treadmills or ellipticals, so my anxiety was pretty high today walking in and being stared at then having to select a machine between 2 people (usually I like machines with empty machines on either side).

Basically looking forward to mid-late January when all the new years people stop cluttering the gym.
i feel you. just imagine having all the treadmills machines just behind the area where they have the weights, thats when anxiety hits, triying to lift weights while most girls in treadmills watching you how you lift and how much for the whole time u spend there, especially if you cant lift a whole lot. you start to feel as they are watching u and saying of much of a weak u are
post #9 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthroughSA View Post
i feel you. just imagine having all the treadmills machines just behind the area where they have the weights, thats when anxiety hits, triying to lift weights while most girls in treadmills watching you how you lift and how much for the whole time u spend there, especially if you cant lift a whole lot. you start to feel as they are watching u and saying of much of a weak u are
that's just the way a gym close here its set up. somebody gime me there opinion about having a gym like that ?
post #10 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthroughSA View Post
that's just the way a gym close here its set up. somebody gime me there opinion about having a gym like that ?
Ours is set up like that. It's almost like walking down a wide "cat walk" when you enter. It's always been like that in order to get the new clientele to "get motivated" (or check out the fresh meat)?

Years before that? The cardio area literally semi-circled the weight room. Thus, folks on treadmills or Elliptical trainers were all in circle watching us muscle-heads lift the weights. I never was more grateful for an Ipod in all of my damn life.

post #11 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Had to post this guy.. i think he's in his forties.. Always had a crush on him since watching the movie "Hitman".. How does he stay so fit? Timothy Olyphant..

post #12 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Barbells and kittens

My gym was ridiculously packed earlier today and I know it's going to be for weeks to come. Luckily most people just waste their time in the gym anyway and steer clear of the exercises that get the results, so there will be no waiting on the squat rack or deadlifts. Maybe bench, but there are several to choose from.
post #13 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

i don't get this..

we have 3 bench presses in our gym.. and a gigantic "mat" area where people can stretch, do abdomen exercises, Bosu Ball, Core exercises, Step work out calisthenics, etc.

And some idiot/chubby/female comes over to the bench area and uses the bench press for "stepping" exercises while the guys have to wait until she's done. I walked up and asked her nicely to find some where to step .. (i was wearing a large sweat shirt)..

Dumb as&*&* looked at us, and said: "You can bench press over there when he's done." i walked away.. all it would take is just one.. quick.. "bi&*ch slap" and i'd go to jail..

and.. of course.. the guys behind the desk saw it, and ran to the bathrooms to avoid confrontation..
post #14 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

After she was done, she later saw me without the sweat shirt on and froze.. i just looked at her and said: "Yep.. you're an idiot" shook my head and went back to the bench press..
post #15 of 2145 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

This is going to be a LOOOOOONG 3-6 weeks before these resolutionists are gone.. But i'm sure it's going to be very interesting..
post #16 of 2145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 AM
SAS Member

Gym was oddly quiet this morning. I guess the resolution crew is sleeping off hangovers.
post #17 of 2145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmed View Post
Gym was oddly quiet this morning. I guess the resolution crew is sleeping off hangovers.
I'm heading to mine in about an hour, I'm hoping for the same thing.
post #18 of 2145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
I'm heading to mine in about an hour, I'm hoping for the same thing.
It may be too late lol. This was at 7am. Good luck.
post #19 of 2145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I have never had to deal with the gym stuff - just the occasional fool honking or girls catcalling me.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #20 of 2145 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
I find gym to be a good coping mechanism, although anxiety and shame kicks in when there's a lot of people and especially if they're talking loud. I find that I get buried deep into my thoughts in between sets and wait few minutes before continuing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page