passion flower - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

passion flower

hi, I mentioned lemon balm earlier and said that it helped me a lot with my regular anxiety and I forgot to mention that I also take passion flower and these two things have helped me tremendously. They calm my nerves and me feel like myself around strangers. Also, if your interested check out what I said about colostrum earlier on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 12:58 PM
SAS Member

Yeah I believe passion flower works very well at calming. I havent tried lemon balm.

"Toto IV"
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had............
Sometimes when the world goes crazy all you can do is laugh. It hides the tears.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 03:54 AM

is there anywhere in the uk that sells lemon balm?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polos
is there anywhere in the uk that sells lemon balm?
try looking for herbal tea's that contain it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if they sell lemon balm plants in the u.k., but they sell them in u.s. at local plant shops. I order my lemon balm from iherb.com in capsules and oils, if you buy more than 20$ worth you get free shipping. But I'm not sure about how much shipping is in the u.k.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Hi, I recently quit taking passion flower because I was building up an immunity to it, and I got a little depressed for a few days. I wasn't addicted to it and it wasn't that bad but I wouldn't recommend taking it day after day. Just on days of social importance. I apologize if anybody has been taking it for awhile and has had some withdrawals. I didn't know it would do that when I started posting it. But the good news is that I haven't had any problems like that with the lemon balm.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 04:33 AM

Because people seem to build an immunity to a lot of anti anxiety treatments wouldent it be worth trying a combination of diff treatments. ie one day you could take lemon balm on another valerian root and then for another day passion flower etc that way at least you keep your body guessing and stop it from building up an immunity to one particular product Also good for anxiety is xanax and klonopin which you can also build up a tolerance for pretty quickly though these are hard to find over the net at least at a decent price.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

That's what I'm thinking I'll have to do. If I can find enough herbs that work then I'll just alternate them. Even though I've built up an immunity to them, I still feel pretty good. I think they have helped me to see things from the right perspective.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 AM

passion flower

what kind of doses do you find helpful with passionflower and how long does it keep you relaxed? I've been taking antideps and tranqs for almost 10 years now and have been reducing the doses with the help of kinesiology, body talk, body alignment, cranio sacral therapy and now homeopathy. [img][img]{SMILIES_PATH}/32.gif[/img][/img]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

I no longer take passion flower because when I got off of it I got a little bit depressed. But when I was taking it I just took 500mg every 8 hours. If you like tranquilizers, try catnip, scullcap and valerian. I tried them and they worked well but I didn't like the after effects. They work a lot like xanax.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 09:58 PM
SAS Member

What's the maximum dosage for Passion Flower Extract in mg per day?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page