New Weight Loss Support Thread - Page 35 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #681 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 AM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFullyHere View Post
Long term wise, is lifting heavy weights bad for the joints? They say even jogging is not good for the knees!

BTW, I've managed to keep my weight down at about 176lbs. 2018 July, I was a solid 229lbs.
Probably not if you're talking really heavy weight. I was talking to the other top guys at the meet and pretty much all of us had been injured pretty recently in some way. Part of the sport, I guess. There was a man and woman both over 70 years old competing though.

Congrats on the weight loss. 50lbs is a lot to get off and keep off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Tired

Language: English
Hovering around 221 atm. Body seems to be doing its recomping thing again. Going to start making a rough estimate of calories through the day just to keep things ticking over.. am only 10lbs from my goal for now.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #683 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:21 PM
SAS Member

186.8 lbs today (187.6 lbs last Monday). Less than a pound lost. Not bad considering I had a cold and didn't workout for a few days and ate like ****. Gonna try to hit 185 by next Monday

post #684 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Death is my comforter.

Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Probably not if you're talking really heavy weight. I was talking to the other top guys at the meet and pretty much all of us had been injured pretty recently in some way. Part of the sport, I guess. There was a man and woman both over 70 years old competing though.

Congrats on the weight loss. 50lbs is a lot to get off and keep off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh. I didn't know you were competing! What is your sport called? Thanks, the keto diet pretty much handles the weight, now. I do body weight exercises only just for some basic fitness.
post #685 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:52 PM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Oh. I didn't know you were competing! What is your sport called? Thanks, the keto diet pretty much handles the weight, now. I do body weight exercises only just for some basic fitness.
Powerlifting. Just did my fifth competition over the weekend. I gave a short recap of the competition towards the end of the last page of this thread. Didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

I'm not going full keto, but about to switch back to a lower carb diet. My girlfriend wants to lose 50lbs and I'm trying to be supportive by dieting with her. I'm not trying to lose as much as she is though. I got up to 220lbs to fill out my weight class for this competition and will get back around 205-210lbs where I'm more comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #686 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Permanently Banned

I started lifting weights but it's a bit demoralising because I'm not getting stronger even though im a complete beginner. I get enough protein and hit my macros and calories at a surplus, I get enough sleep, my form isn't too bad so I just wonder why I can't add weight every week and get the so called noob gains. Maybe I wasted them when I did calisthenics or something but even in that I couldn't progress and my lifts are incredibly weak.
post #687 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 05:36 PM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
I started lifting weights but it's a bit demoralising because I'm not getting stronger even though im a complete beginner. I get enough protein and hit my macros and calories at a surplus, I get enough sleep, my form isn't too bad so I just wonder why I can't add weight every week and get the so called noob gains. Maybe I wasted them when I did calisthenics or something but even in that I couldn't progress and my lifts are incredibly weak.
Are you following a beginner routine like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5? If you've exhausted beginner gains you'd want to move to something more intermediate program wise.

I started with calisthenics for a long time and when I started with weights I kinda went blind through the beginner stage doing my own thing and my first real program was an intermediate one.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #688 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:40 AM
Barbells and kittens

Tried to work out yesterday, but still feeling too beat up from Saturday. Just gonna do some incline treadmill on gym days this week and pick back up next week with off season programming. Girlfriend and I went grocery shopping for low carb stuff and are switching over this week. 211lbs this morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #689 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:42 AM
I am average!

I hit 68.6kg (151.237112 pounds). First time I have seen 68kg (151 pounds) on the scale in at least a year

GOOD
post #690 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:49 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman View Post
What is your age? How tall and heavy are you? When did you start lifting weights? I would check your work out program. Perhaps you are lifting to often? You need to let your muscles rest between workouts. You are likely doing something wrong because normally you should put a decent of amount a weight the first months.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
post #691 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:31 AM
Death is my comforter.

Quote:
Powerlifting. Just did my fifth competition over the weekend. I gave a short recap of the competition towards the end of the last page of this thread. Didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

I'm not going full keto, but about to switch back to a lower carb diet. My girlfriend wants to lose 50lbs and I'm trying to be supportive by dieting with her. I'm not trying to lose as much as she is though. I got up to 220lbs to fill out my weight class for this competition and will get back around 205-210lbs where I'm more comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is really cool, I don't know how you can handle the anxiety in front of all those people watching you but I'm glad that you're part of a sport and making something of yourself. I wish you the best of luck in your sport!
post #692 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 06:55 AM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
That is really cool, I don't know how you can handle the anxiety in front of all those people watching you but I'm glad that you're part of a sport and making something of yourself. I wish you the best of luck in your sport!
Thank you! I could never talk in front of even a handful of people, but doing something I'm good at in front of people doesn't bother me too much. I am super nervous before the first lift and then after that's successful I'm pretty much good on the anxiety.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #693 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 PM
Death is my comforter.

Quote:
Thank you! I could never talk in front of even a handful of people, but doing something I'm good at in front of people doesn't bother me too much. I am super nervous before the first lift and then after that's successful I'm pretty much good on the anxiety.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha! That's awesome, man. That would never happen to me, I need my meds to be normal lol Looks like your love for the sport has a really positive effect on your mind, I'm happy for you. I hope you kick a lot of *** while you're in it!!
post #694 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 02:53 AM
SAS Member

184.6 lbs today (186.8 last week). Cutting back on junk food seemed to help. Going to continue to do the same thing this week.
post #695 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 PM
SAS Member

Weighed this morning at 188.5. Eventually I like to get down to 170 pounds.
post #696 of 702 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Barbells and kittens

Almost two weeks post meet. Transitioning into an off season routine in the gym and also just doing stuff for fun. Mainly crazy AMRAP sets. Weight was 209lbs this morning. Doing mostly lower carb now. Once I get some time to sit down and come up with a full meal plan I'll go over to carb cycling. Been adding 20 minutes of cardio after each gym session since the meet. Definitely feel better doing that and dropping that extra 10lbs.

Moving forward try to get leaner at 205-210lbs, work on cardio and mobility, and stay away from the comp lifts for a few months.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #697 of 702 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:28 AM
SAS Member

185 today. Gained a tiny bit. Got a bit lazy and had chips/soda most days. My fault.
post #698 of 702 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 AM
I am average!

69kg (152,118961 pounds).

Been out of the game for a bit because I have had a sickness that has lasted 2 weeks. I see myself starting up again in a weeks time tho.
post #699 of 702 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 04:19 PM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish,English
I want to start going to the gym but I donít want to look dumb if I use the exercise equipment wrong.
post #700 of 702 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 07:46 AM
SAS Member

I need to lose 20 lbs. I've developed a bit of a paunch. I'm too young for a paunch. harumph!

I spent 80 min at the gym lifting weights and cycling. I'm doing anaerobic exercises on days I'm not lifting weights. My biggest challenge is in watching what I eat. This is especially challenging with all the meds my doctor keeps putting me on. None of these meds are working, aside from the ativan they want me to stop taking, and they mostly cause me to gain weight.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page