New Weight Loss Support Thread - Page 30 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #581 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Still at 198lbs. Have been slowly increasing calories and have been adding some potassium rich foods as well like bananas, sweet potatoes, prune juice, and salt substitute. Changed post workout shake to 8oz prune juice, 8oz cashew and pea protein milk, four egg whites, one scoop of strawberry whey protein, and a banana. Had a pretty massive cheat day yesterday instead of just a meal.

Training wise still feeling off and weaker than I'd like. Hopefully that'll turn around soon with the increased calories. No aches and pains at the moment, so that's a plus. Today just pulled some light deadlift singles.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #582 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,383
Today fuelled by some ehm, annoyance, lets say, 75kg x 4 on the bench.. finally weight went up after being stuck for a while at 70 and 72.5 ish. I have a sneaking feeling my shoulder strength has been the issue as have just started introducing overhead presses again (the scariest exercise for my neck, since they are what caused it all those years ago), but on a tiny tiny weight. That weakness I am sure probably seriously holding back my bench. Also started direct arm work again, so hopefully tricep strength is going to help as well.

But nice to have it finally move up.. felt pretty comfortable too, but I left probably 2 reps in the tank. Been struggling with 70 and 72.5 feeling really weirdly heavy, but this felt light. Mini milestone on the way to 100. Weight, not sure where it is, but calories in the mid 2500's or so. Kratom, during the daytime, it turns out is a ridiculously good appetite suppressant, which I have been over taking.. but after a break this week I intend to cut the dose right down and take it specifically as an appetite suppressant to help me diet (don't do this anyone). Idgaf any more the way things are in my life, but it's not a recommended substance for anything like this, being an opiod. I would probably go with ephedrine and caffeine again, but knowing no Canadians who can ship it, meh.

@JH1983 good news on the no aches and pains.

cashew and pea protein milk sounds.... delicious - I hope it doesn't taste like pea protein powder (tried that once, never again).

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #583 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:12 AM
Worthless Garbage
 
Crisigv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Female
Age: 31
Posts: 8,242
My Mood: Dead
I'm such a failure. I can't seem to get back on track. I need support. Or are my efforts pointless? Am I meant to be like this forever? I was so proud of myself and feeling so good.
Crisigv is online now  
 
post #584 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
I'm such a failure. I can't seem to get back on track. I need support. Or are my efforts pointless? Am I meant to be like this forever? I was so proud of myself and feeling so good.
It's not a failure unless you give up and it's not pointless. If it's worth it to you then you've just gotta do it. One step at a time, one day at a time.

@SplendidBob I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you it's delicious, but it's not too bad mixed with other stuff. I use it instead of water to cook my oatmeal and for shakes. 10g of protein per serving and like 1g of sugar. By itself though it's a bit chalky and kinda has an aftertaste. Was using unsweetened soy before.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #585 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:57 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Good stuff

I have started incorporating the stair climber at my gym. I ****ing hate that machine so much. I don't know what it is about it, but it's basically torture lol. I figure the harder it is, the more fitness I get hah.
climbing the stairs is torture but I do it. if it's not that much I actually kind of like the exercise. I don't know a lot about different types of exercise but I think you can do another type that is also high impact like Cardio. Good luck!
lily is offline  
post #586 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:16 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 737
it seems like I do exercise everyday now. That's great! I'm proud of myself.
lily is offline  
post #587 of 597 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Had a great gym session today, which is weird being that I worked all day before going to lift. Saturday I was fresh from home in the morning and had a ton of carbs the night before and had a terrible session. Funny how that is. Anyway worked up to 325x5 on front squat and then 655x5 on 3" block pulls, both being slight PRs. Bodyweight around 200lbs in the AM.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #588 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Forgot to update yesterday, kind of a busy day. Worked up to a triple on deadlift with 635lbs and it moved fairly well. Would like to see a double at 660lbs next week to be on track for my goals. Since adding back in some calories and carbs weight is up a little to around 203lbs in the AM. The weight gain was faster than I'd hoped, but it was kind of sudden, so maybe mostly just water weight from more carbs.

Been kinda quiet in here, hope all is well with everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #589 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:47 PM
SAS Member
 
PeterO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 15
My healthy weight for height/body type would be about 165-175. I was at about 190 for years and pretty quickly went up to about 220 a year or so ago. I'd like to start going in the other direction, but I'm a stress eater and I'm stressed a lot...
PeterO is offline  
post #590 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Forgot to update yesterday, kind of a busy day. Worked up to a triple on deadlift with 635lbs and it moved fairly well. Would like to see a double at 660lbs next week to be on track for my goals. Since adding back in some calories and carbs weight is up a little to around 203lbs in the AM. The weight gain was faster than I'd hoped, but it was kind of sudden, so maybe mostly just water weight from more carbs.

Been kinda quiet in here, hope all is well with everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Def sounds water weight ish to me. Both carbs and calories jump my weight massively. I imagine with your muscle mass you have loads more water variation?

I am at a tricky point now. I clearly need to lose fat, but am struggling with stress and dieting atm may not be the best plan. That being said, I am not sure when else to.

Lift progress on the bench has slowed a lot. up to 77.5 x4 this morning. Am at the point now where improvements likely coming mostly from muscle gain, so its going to be a slow creep up. I also feel like soon I should be properly periodising stuff (been learning a lot about that of late), and want to do it properly for safer long term gains.

The fat is the bummer, though. Am at the point where I doubt I can make much more progress in a deficit, probably need to deload before I start periodising and programming properly. Am thinking of doing a month diet, week at maintenance, then a 6-8 week muscle run with a tiny surplus. Rinse and repeat. I am too fat really to do that, but it's going to be ****ing tedious to make literally zero strength or muscle gains now until the time when I get enough fat off (3-5 months?) to do it all properly. /sigh.

I might push for another week or two and get to 80x5, then diet.

Also noticed the musculature of people who typically do bench 100+, and its def a fair way off for me. Will get there, but might have to be prepared for it to take a little longer than I hoped, with the dieting phases. It's really a matter of balancing my interest, and not progressing much while I diet. I cant afford, fat wise, to go into a surplus at this point tbh, so think will have to bite the bullet, diet, maintain strength.

On the plus side, my bicep injury has mostly cleared up, I can curl again. Even tentatively doing shoulder presses but not 100% keen. My shoulders impinge very easily, its slightly miraculous I can even bench press tbh. Very gingerly upping the trap bar deadlifts, up to 100kg now. My lower back and knees are a ****ing mess though so not even close to what I could lift. Just poking away at it once or twice a week.

One bizarre thing since I have restarted training, my neck has grown from 16.5 inches to 17.25. I did a tiny amount of very light neck curls (2.5kg) to help the neck pain, but it's mostly from compounds and actually being able to contract the muscles to support since my neck problem has mostly healed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterO View Post
My healthy weight for height/body type would be about 165-175. I was at about 190 for years and pretty quickly went up to about 220 a year or so ago. I'd like to start going in the other direction, but I'm a stress eater and I'm stressed a lot...
It's tricky. In my experience (I do the same), eating when stressed doesn't actually do much to help with stress, though. Being in a caloric deficit will increase stress somewhat, though.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #591 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Def sounds water weight ish to me. Both carbs and calories jump my weight massively. I imagine with your muscle mass you have loads more water variation?

I am at a tricky point now. I clearly need to lose fat, but am struggling with stress and dieting atm may not be the best plan. That being said, I am not sure when else to.

Lift progress on the bench has slowed a lot. up to 77.5 x4 this morning. Am at the point now where improvements likely coming mostly from muscle gain, so its going to be a slow creep up. I also feel like soon I should be properly periodising stuff (been learning a lot about that of late), and want to do it properly for safer long term gains.

The fat is the bummer, though. Am at the point where I doubt I can make much more progress in a deficit, probably need to deload before I start periodising and programming properly. Am thinking of doing a month diet, week at maintenance, then a 6-8 week muscle run with a tiny surplus. Rinse and repeat. I am too fat really to do that, but it's going to be ****ing tedious to make literally zero strength or muscle gains now until the time when I get enough fat off (3-5 months?) to do it all properly. /sigh.

I might push for another week or two and get to 80x5, then diet.

Also noticed the musculature of people who typically do bench 100+, and its def a fair way off for me. Will get there, but might have to be prepared for it to take a little longer than I hoped, with the dieting phases. It's really a matter of balancing my interest, and not progressing much while I diet. I cant afford, fat wise, to go into a surplus at this point tbh, so think will have to bite the bullet, diet, maintain strength.

On the plus side, my bicep injury has mostly cleared up, I can curl again. Even tentatively doing shoulder presses but not 100% keen. My shoulders impinge very easily, its slightly miraculous I can even bench press tbh. Very gingerly upping the trap bar deadlifts, up to 100kg now. My lower back and knees are a ****ing mess though so not even close to what I could lift. Just poking away at it once or twice a week.

One bizarre thing since I have restarted training, my neck has grown from 16.5 inches to 17.25. I did a tiny amount of very light neck curls (2.5kg) to help the neck pain, but it's mostly from compounds and actually being able to contract the muscles to support since my neck problem has mostly healed.



It's tricky. In my experience (I do the same), eating when stressed doesn't actually do much to help with stress, though. Being in a caloric deficit will increase stress somewhat, though.
Yeah, quite a bit of variation day to day. 5-6lbs even.

What exactly does your bench routine look like? Like a regular 3x5 or 5x5 3x/week adding weight each workout? I know there's some more advanced versions of that to milk a little more basic linear progression. I'm not very familiar with them off the top of my head. The next step would be like a heavy, light, medium setup where you'd progress weekly rather than each workout. Like a 5x5 volume day early in the week, light day in the middle, then a peak set day at the end you try to add weight to each week. Like The Texas Method, although I'm not a fan of it in its original form.

Kind of my own creation that works really well in a calorie deficit is doing an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) on the peak set day in a setup like I just described. Start with about 70% of your 1RM and do 3x3 with it and on the fourth set just rep out. The next week repeat with however much more weight like 5lbs or whatever. Technically you'll be hitting a PR every week for awhile because you're doing a different rep range that normal. For me beating my head against the wall trying to progress a set of 2-5 week after week with no progress really gets me down. Becomes a mental thing where I don't look forward to training as much. With the AMRAPs there's really no failing until you progress in weight back to where you can't get 3 reps on your last set and by the time you get there you might be setting a new 3RM anyway. Kind of autoregulated as well in that you can take advantage of a good day or not go as hard on a bad day. Going after those 3-5's and possibly missing reps and all that can be extremely frustrating. Works really well for me and some of the people I've trained. There's definitely something to be said about momentum and setting regular PRs and motivation to train. The mental aspect of it anyway. When you're not progressing it just sucks. Might be worth trying to keep your interest level up while you diet and still progress. But yeah, if that sounds like something you'd be interested in I can type the template out for you.

Muscle gain would definitely improve strength, but there's quite a bit of gains to be had through technique. We're talking years of practice and thousands upon thousands of reps to really master a lift. I'm still analyzing and trying to improve upon mine all the time. Being as I'm really not trying to be much heavier for health reasons I'm looking to maximize technique. There's gains to be had eating at maintenance and recomping through technique and improved body composition.

As far as the dieting goes I can relate. I went full fatboy my first couple years in powerlifting and permabulked my way to some good gains. My second meet I competed in the 110kg weight class. Had to have been 25%+ bodyfat. Once I got leaner it started becoming a battle between getting leaner and getting stronger. I'd make it a few weeks or even a couple months on a diet and then the frustration from losing progress would drive me to stopping the diet. But over the years I've gotten pretty lean and still gotten stronger. The extra muscle mass does make losing fat easier, so there's something to be said about building muscle first under the fat. Just depends on your goals and tolerance for being heavier.

Also, I've got a Google drive address with literally dozens of great books on training and diet if you want me to PM it to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #592 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Yeah, quite a bit of variation day to day. 5-6lbs even.

What exactly does your bench routine look like? Like a regular 3x5 or 5x5 3x/week adding weight each workout? I know there's some more advanced versions of that to milk a little more basic linear progression. I'm not very familiar with them off the top of my head. The next step would be like a heavy, light, medium setup where you'd progress weekly rather than each workout. Like a 5x5 volume day early in the week, light day in the middle, then a peak set day at the end you try to add weight to each week. Like The Texas Method, although I'm not a fan of it in its original form.
I started out doing a 5x5 and adding weight per workout, but things slowed and around 70 - 72.5 kg I found I wasn't able to consistently do this (life stress, lack of sleep, massive heat kinda killed this). I have kind of slipped back into my old training method (which I did before I knew anything), basically reverse pyramid training with 1-2 reps in reserve (more 1, tbh). 3-5 rep range. Each session I try to raise the reps up in the first set, then when i get to 5 next session I raise the weight by 2.5kg and reps go to 3 usually. Subsequent sets are whatever weight i can do within that rep range, but I try to keep the heavier weight on for as many as possible. It's not an ideal way of training, but isn't total turd, I think. I am not factoring in volume, or intensity and fatigue though. This was fine when I was doing isolation stuff, but doing bench presses surprisingly exhausts me (as do deadlifts, even at the light weight I am using), and constantly training in this linear "just add more" style I feel is breaking down now and cumulated fatigue is kinda masking improvements (or I might not be improving, hard to know).

Yeh, I feel like switching to an intermediate routine probably won't harm, especially one that allows for more rapid progression (if it's there). Realistically at this point in the bench I am only increasing weight weekly now anyway. I don't really believe there is any magic with beginner routines, and I don't want to keep forcing up intensity or volume without properly managing it, because that's when injury risk increases, and injuries will slow **** down a lot more than having good reliable weekly progression, so yeh, maybe time to jump to intermediate routine (whether its too early or not).

Obviously being the stubborn, know it all ******* I am, I would need to modify the program tho haha .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Kind of my own creation that works really well in a calorie deficit is doing an AMRAP (as many reps as possible) on the peak set day in a setup like I just described. Start with about 70% of your 1RM and do 3x3 with it and on the fourth set just rep out. The next week repeat with however much more weight like 5lbs or whatever. Technically you'll be hitting a PR every week for awhile because you're doing a different rep range that normal. For me beating my head against the wall trying to progress a set of 2-5 week after week with no progress really gets me down. Becomes a mental thing where I don't look forward to training as much. With the AMRAPs there's really no failing until you progress in weight back to where you can't get 3 reps on your last set and by the time you get there you might be setting a new 3RM anyway. Kind of autoregulated as well in that you can take advantage of a good day or not go as hard on a bad day. Going after those 3-5's and possibly missing reps and all that can be extremely frustrating. Works really well for me and some of the people I've trained. There's definitely something to be said about momentum and setting regular PRs and motivation to train. The mental aspect of it anyway. When you're not progressing it just sucks. Might be worth trying to keep your interest level up while you diet and still progress. But yeah, if that sounds like something you'd be interested in I can type the template out for you.
That does sound interesting. Yeh, definitely re the not progressing, will keep it in mind. Thanks fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
Muscle gain would definitely improve strength, but there's quite a bit of gains to be had through technique. We're talking years of practice and thousands upon thousands of reps to really master a lift. I'm still analyzing and trying to improve upon mine all the time. Being as I'm really not trying to be much heavier for health reasons I'm looking to maximize technique. There's gains to be had eating at maintenance and recomping through technique and improved body composition.
Yeh, for sure, and my bench technique is still probably a bit turd. I still dont feel the bar pathing is automatic enough, so evidently I haven't done it for long enough yet, and I still get into the habit of accidentally letting my wrists go back, so I know there are improvements there. Am definitely still recomping. I guess its at what point I stop with maintenance though, could get caught there for a long time, and at some point fairly soon its going to be a case of just biting the bullet and dieting, for better longer term results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
As far as the dieting goes I can relate. I went full fatboy my first couple years in powerlifting and permabulked my way to some good gains. My second meet I competed in the 110kg weight class. Had to have been 25%+ bodyfat. Once I got leaner it started becoming a battle between getting leaner and getting stronger. I'd make it a few weeks or even a couple months on a diet and then the frustration from losing progress would drive me to stopping the diet. But over the years I've gotten pretty lean and still gotten stronger. The extra muscle mass does make losing fat easier, so there's something to be said about building muscle first under the fat. Just depends on your goals and tolerance for being heavier.

Also, I've got a Google drive address with literally dozens of great books on training and diet if you want me to PM it to you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeh, at my weight I dont have that much tolerance for more fat gain. There isn't any way I am going to diet down to like 10-15% or whatever, it's going to take too long. I also don't care about being a little plumper, and am ok with being in the low 20% range, so really I would only do like a 2 month diet, aim for 15-20lbs loss, 3 months slight surplus, then repeat diet and yeh, with the extra muscle and increased metabolism I probably wouldn't be too far off where I wanted to be. That would be good enough.

Thanks mate, will send you that pm

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #593 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:49 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,821
Did a low calorie liquid diet for six days last week. I lost some flab for sure but as usual most of the progress took place the first day or two on the diet. Why diet beyond two days then? My body just seems to resist change whether it's gaining or losing. Double chin is almost gone though.
sprinter is offline  
post #594 of 597 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Did a low calorie liquid diet for six days last week. I lost some flab for sure but as usual most of the progress took place the first day or two on the diet. Why diet beyond two days then? My body just seems to resist change whether it's gaining or losing. Double chin is almost gone though.
Something like that is likely mostly water weight. Roughly 3500 calories per lb of bodyfat. So if you basically ate nothing, and had a pretty high metabolism, you would lose less than 1lb of fat per day. What happens with low calorie diets is you will lost a load of water weight (from muscle glycogen etc), so that initial drop isn't fat, the speed after that initial drop is regular weight loss.

I lost about 8lbs over 2 days this week, due to relationship breakup stress. Couldn't eat or sleep and constantly fidgeting with kinda distressed involuntary limb movements (I don't do breakups well lol). I actually think a good few lbs probably were fat in this case (maybe 3) just because I was super distressed and unable to keep still. But it will come back on, and quickly. I do plan to milk this misery induced lack of appetite though lol (might as well get something out of this rather unpleasant experience).

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
post #595 of 597 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NEPA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Something like that is likely mostly water weight. Roughly 3500 calories per lb of bodyfat. So if you basically ate nothing, and had a pretty high metabolism, you would lose less than 1lb of fat per day. What happens with low calorie diets is you will lost a load of water weight (from muscle glycogen etc), so that initial drop isn't fat, the speed after that initial drop is regular weight loss.

I lost about 8lbs over 2 days this week, due to relationship breakup stress. Couldn't eat or sleep and constantly fidgeting with kinda distressed involuntary limb movements (I don't do breakups well lol). I actually think a good few lbs probably were fat in this case (maybe 3) just because I was super distressed and unable to keep still. But it will come back on, and quickly. I do plan to milk this misery induced lack of appetite though lol (might as well get something out of this rather unpleasant experience).
I don't think what I notice is water wight, I can see my face getting leaner and my waist getting tighter. I've been doing mini diets for one or two days for some time now and I defiantly have seen permanent results that add up. But it takes so long so I thought I'd try a longer diet and didn't really lose much more as far as I can tell. I haven't weighed myself in years, put the scale away during renovations and haven't gotten out of storage since. I think it stopped being very accurate before that anyway. I just have to judge by appearance and how much fat I can pinch. I'm trying to lose that last 5-10lbs that keeps me from being really lean. Not looking to get ripped or anything just back to the way I used to be before I decided to bulk up to build muscle. Should never do that after a certain age I found. Funny things happen when you get older the fat settles in certain areas for me under my chin and around the belly button and obliques. Due to hormones I guess and gravity. I may actually have no more body-fat than before but instead of it being spread out it's concentrated.

Sorry about your breakup. Heartbreak is the worst.
sprinter is offline  
post #596 of 597 (permalink) Old Today, 04:34 PM
Barbells and kittens
 
JH1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,220
Been a busy a week and didn't update last weekend. Last Saturday I missed my peak deadlift set and because of so many bad sessions in a row I've switched back to my programming I was running last year that I know works.

I'll be rotating a speed day (12 light singles at ~60%) one week, a peak set day (in the form of a 3x3 + an AMRAP at the same weight) the next, and a 5x5 day the third week, then repeat. Doing this for bench and deadlift anyway since I'm doing a bench and deadlift only meet. For front squat gonna rotate 5x5, 4x4, and peak set days. Not a comp lift, so I don't see much benefit in speed training it.

Bench feeling surprisingly decent lately. Just getting back into heavyish territory and no pain in my left shoulder area so far. Hit a nice front squat PR this week, too.

Also because I've gotten too far over making weight at 198lbs in October I'm bulking my way up to the 220lbs weight class. Weighing around 210lbs at the moment. I figure I'll recover better and make better gains with lots of food anyway.

@SplendidBob sorry to hear about the breakup. Best thing to do is lose yourself in the gym. It's gotten me through many dark times.
Posted via Mobile Device
JH1983 is offline  
post #597 of 597 (permalink) Old Today, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Tired
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,383
@sprinter @JH1983 thanks.

JH1983, yeh definitely. Am hitting the gym every day now, just to get out and about and keep active. Splitting up my sessions across the week. Have chilled a bit on the bench press atm, still going on it, just not as frequently. Keeping where I am, 77.5kg, may prod it up to 80 soon, which would be nice. But not going for anything too heroic while I am in a big caloric deficit.

My weight has settled at 235 for now, down from 250. I have put on a fair bit of muscle too, so looking forward to shedding fat. Should be looking ok at 215-220. I am going to do a few v low calorie days per week, where I fast but on protein shakes, pretty much, to prevent muscle loss.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
SplendidBob is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Weight Loss Competition BeardedMessiahBob Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise 63 05-31-2018 08:32 AM
Election Results Emotional Support Thread Carolyne Frustration 54 02-11-2017 04:44 PM
Paxil and Weight Loss Metallic Medication 6 10-18-2009 12:05 PM
5 Things about weight loss SloopjohnB Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise 10 05-20-2009 03:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome