l tryptophan and l tyrosine - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Question

l tryptophan and l tyrosine

Hi, Just ordered l tryptophan and l tyrosine from source naturals to see if it would help my SAD before seeing a doctor. I was wondering if i should try them both individually first or at the same time. Also I was wondering what doses of each I should take and at what times in the day.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleman View Post
Hi, Just ordered l tryptophan and l tyrosine from source naturals to see if it would help my SAD before seeing a doctor. I was wondering if i should try them both individually first or at the same time. Also I was wondering what doses of each I should take and at what times in the day.

Thanks
Usually, L-Tyrosine is taken first thing in the morning, 60 minutes before eating anything. L-Tryptophan is usually taken before bed time. It is very important to take these aminos on an empty stomach (i.e 1 hour before or 3 hours after eating). If L-Tryptophan doesn't work, you may try 5-HTP.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, can i continue drinking whey protein drinks after exercising (as long as I take it 3 hours before/ 1 hour after using one of these)?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleman View Post
Thanks, can i continue drinking whey protein drinks after exercising (as long as I take it 3 hours before/ 1 hour after using one of these)?
Sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page