Kava Powder - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Kava Powder

Just bought some tried it last night didnt seem to have much of a relaxing effect. Im gonna try to double the dosage. It did numb my mouth a bit which was cool. I mixed 1 cup of water with one tablespoon.Anyone have any experience with this stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Permanently Banned

Yes i have taken kava in large amounts. It really can make you feel drunk, so I wouldnt do any driving on it. In what form are you taking it? The paste works, as does the actually kava mix. The pills are a thumbs down in my book.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlikely hero View Post
Yes i have taken kava in large amounts. It really can make you feel drunk, so I wouldnt do any driving on it. In what form are you taking it? The paste works, as does the actually kava mix. The pills are a thumbs down in my book.
I have the powdered root form made it into a drink

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

I tried the pills a while back. They gave me a little bit of a calm feeling but not much.

Believe it or not, ordinary tea works better. Especially a good chai.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
SAS Member

Kava has a kind of cumulative effect meaning the more often you drink it the more pronounced the euphoria will be as the alkaloids build up in your body. I didn't feel much the first time I tried it either but after a few times it felt pretty relaxing. I don't use it very often, its hard to get past the taste for me.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I had one success with the powder where i felt really calm it does taste something awful a bit, especially if you make it strong.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Permanently Banned

Hehe thats what I hear about Kava root. Nothing but a numb mouth. I couldn't say personally. But if you are experimenting with kava root, I would recommend also looking into Kratom leaf (leaf of a tree).

It has worked amazingly for me for past 6-8 months. I have drastically reduced my Xanax usage and have even felt good and comfortable enough to start coming off my SSRI.

May/may not work for you, but its definitely worth doing some reading if you are looking for natural ways to relieve anxiety. Its a great mood enhancer as well. It also is a wonderful aid during times of mild sickness for me (cold, flu, pain and soreness)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Permanently Banned

Oh I am very familiar with gross powdery type substances (kratom). If you can not stomach the taste of some types of plants, I recommend a capsule machine (from wonderlabs, they have a cheap one), or if you can't afford that and powders make your stomach turn, you can always parachute Not the best way but much better than actually having to taste anything.

I know if a place if you are interested in excellent deals on kratom if you ever consider it. You can PM me and I'll link you. I don't want to spam the forums. They do offer excellent customer appreciation programs though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page