I'm planning to cut back fast food - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm planning to cut back fast food

I decided that I'm going to try this. I used to bring my lunch to work a few days a week and eat out a few. But last few years I just go out every day. But I'm getting tired of eating fast food every day. Friday I ended up skipping lunch since I was too busy to take a lunch break. I ate Taco Bell on Friday night which still is fast food but not fries, etc. And this weekend I managed not to eat any fast food. Had chicken and veggies yesterday and tonight a vegetable and beef stew. I also ate a few bananas for breakfast this weekend instead of frozen sandwiches.

So hopefully I can stick to this. I'd like to lose some weight as I've gotten a little fat over the last year. My metabolism must be slowing down, because I ate fast food in college for lunch and on weekends would eat it at least twice, but I was still skinny.

Either way, I think it'll help me feel better and less lethargic, even if I don't lose much weight.

I packed my lunch for tomorrow already so I'm off to a good start. The only thing is I don't like eating at work and prefer to get away for lunch. Maybe I'll just eat in my room and shut the door for an hour instead of eating in the break area.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
You have your own office? Lucky. I sit in a room with 12 other people.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I brought my lunch Monday but I ended up skipping lunch because I was busy. So I ate what I brought on Tuesday instead, and it was good and I just sat in my office during lunch and napped a bit after I ate. It was actually kind of peaceful. Then Wednesday I skipped lunch again because I was busy, but I snacked on some things that someone brought in from Panera Bread, so I wasn't hungry. Today we went out for lunch and tomorrow we are too, so I haven't really had to do much this week for lunch.

Next year I plan to start bringing sandwiches sometimes or something, and limit my fast food to maybe once a week

It should also save me a decent amount of money since, even if I get something cheap, even $3 a day adds up. Plus I usually spend at $5-7 at least once a week if I eat out at a few different places, so I'd guess it costs me about $25 a week on average when I eat out every day.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 11:12 PM
SAS Member

Learn to meal prep!

If you've got the time, cook yourself meals on the weekend to take with you to work throughout the week. It'll save you money and you'll learn a valuable life skill. And it's also way more inspiring than just bringing a sandwich.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 05:21 AM
Barbells and kittens

I've been packing my lunch for work every day for years. The difference between that and eating out every day is enough to pay a bill or two every month. Plus it's way healthier.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 01:32 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
Meal prep. Get some bulk foods and have containers to store your lunch. Get some bulk frozen chicken breasts, season and cook them all for the week, get some salmon and do the same for a different week, get some frozen broccoli in bulk, maybe some rice, add a fresh fruit everyday to your lunch bag and bring a water bottle. Skip the juice and soda, if you want some flavor drink tea or use those Mio flavor drops. Now all you need is a bed for your office for nap time.

pretty when I cry
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 04:39 PM
bipolar

You were eating fast food every day? No offence but that's really bad for you - so much salt. It's just crap - pretty much all of it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 08:34 PM
SAS Member

Language: english, tagolog, chinese
My Mood: Amused
i never eat fast food taste like garbage

Shyra Marie
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Kawaii Dreamer

Language: Home
My Mood: Bored
That sounds mortifying.

Kawaii Dreams Forever
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 PM
Kawaii Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
You have your own office? Lucky. I sit in a room with 12 other people.

That sounds mortifying.

Kawaii Dreams Forever
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:30 PM
Kawaii Dreamer

I hate fast food because I always seem to get food poisoning.

Kawaii Dreams Forever
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Well I've done pretty well this week. I brought my lunch and only ate out once, last night at Taco Bell. And I drink water at work so i'm not drinking soda every day either.

I did eat Wendy's twice last week though on vacation. But I notice the fast food choices starting to lose their appeal since I haven't had most of them in a few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 05:39 AM
Professional Wallflower

Coming from an ex fast foody, get into the habit of making your own. It really is a game changer when losing weight.
Maybe start using online calorie counter sites (Myfitnesspal) to get an idea of just how much you are really eating when going out vs making your own.

Helped me

(_)
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:12 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Good, that stuff is awful for you in so many ways. Even psychologically.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

So in the last three weeks I've managed to only eat out once during the work week, and that was just because I didn't bring any lunch. I only had a small sandwich and soda. Mostly been packing leftovers from dinner in meal trays for lunch or making a quick sandwich. Either way healthier than fast food and soda.

Though Friday night I went to Taco Bell and yesterday I had DQ. But I don't plan to do that often, so I think I'll be ok.

The longer you don't eat fast food, it starts to seem less appealing as a choice.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 02:56 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
That's a good idea. I was told that McDonald's sandwiches like filet O'fish the bread has the rubber in it that they have in yoga mats to make it chewy and the cheese is processed and the fish is fried but I know it tastes good! After hearing about the rubber I never ate there anymore. And Subway used to have to same thing but there was a lawsuit. I heard that McDonald's didn't get a lawsuit bc they don't claim to be healthy.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I don't know about that. LOL But it could be.

I could tell today I do seem to be losing weight, because my pants that used to fit fairly tight are a little loose. So it is working, and fast. Since it's been 3 weeks so far. Although I don't want to lose a lot of weight, but mostly in my thighs. Probably need to check my weight but I need to put new batteries in the scale so haven't done it in a while.

Also do feel better after eating something I brought to work for lunch than after I eat fast food. And I've cut back on a ton of soda because I'd usually drink two cups if I went to a restaurant. Whereas at work I only drink water when I eat.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Tired
I just have a bit of fast food as a treat now...every now and again...but I was bad for it.I realised that the local chip shop was selling me crap.I make sandwiches for work every day.Also it's more expensive to buy sandwiches and some of the crap they serve.Also I very rarely visit Costa Coffee or places like that.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:56 AM
SAS Member

Taking lunch with you while going to the workplace will surely help you to avoid fast food during lunch break. You can take healthy foods like chicken or other protein-rich foods in your lunch. In this way, you can improve your health & lose some weight also.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Holistic Health

Fast food is ok in moderation and not as a normal habit. So glad you are packing your own lunch. You will save your health and your money at the same time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page