High Blood Pressure - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

High Blood Pressure

anyone here who has it? I had it since at least the age of 14, probably someone from my parents family had it, every time I go to the doctor they have to keep bothering me about it, I dont want to take medications because I don't want to take it for the rest of my life and plus it can damage other parts of the body like the liver, I dont want to pee in a container for an entire day, I dont want to wear an automatic blood pressure machine like I once did as a teenager 24/7, that was annoying, it would randomly check and it used to hurt, I dont care if there is blood in urine, if I die I don't have to work anymore, I'm not suicidal so calm down, how the hell am I suppose to exercise when I have to work freaking 8 hours a day and I have to wake up at four thirty plus these idiots are making us work Saturdays, that gives me depression, that makes me binge eat very unhealthy foods, I eat bags of sunflower seeds with salt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 PM
sewn to the sky

Could yours be anxiety-related?

I have White Coat Syndrome, so almost every time I go to the doctor I am asked about my blood pressure and have to explain that it's just anxiety.

So it goes.

“Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.”
~ Kurt Vonnegut
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
I've had high BP since I was 18. Got put on meds until 22. I was doing ok without meds for a couple of yrs, but now I'm back on meds. Its genetic for me. No other factors.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 10:52 PM
SAS Member

birth control put mine through the roof and i had to get on a low dose of hydrochlorothiazide to bring it down. it's been pretty effective and i can go off it in about a month or so.

the meds don't have to be permanent. ask your doctor how long you might have to take them. high blood pressure is super dangerous over a long period of time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 12:21 AM
moth

Don't be silly and do what is needed to try and lower it.

I had pre-high pressure and I have some kidney damage which doesn't go away. We don't know which brought which. And I have to pee in a container for 24 hours almost every couple months. You don't appreciate what you've got 'till it's gone!

But the last months I cut all salty things (I eat salt, just not salty things like chips), I stopped binging, I don't eat much sugar, cook all my meals at home, lots of veggies, not much meat, I walk more and exercise now and then with my own body weight.

My blood pressure dropped to very normal amounts. I'm pleased. And my mood is better because I don't eat crap. Don't buy crap!

If you don't have time just walk back home from work. Or do an evening stroll after dinner. Or walk to work in the morning. Or go for a walk during your break. If it's a priority for you you'll find a way.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Needing SAS-crutch again

My Mood: Scared
OP, I was going to try to give you advice, but it seems you already know very well the dangers of high BP and what is needed to bring it down.

And yes, I have high BP, but its under control. Before it was under control it used to hover around 160/100. At its highest it was 175/95. Now I take indapamide, perindopril and bisoprolol for it and its controlled.

I think in my case it might be a sign of developing diabetes/insulin resistence. Plus stress and anxiety play a role.

One of my big problems is I struggle to go to bed early, which leads to sleep deprivation, inability to exercise, increased stress and a craving for starchy sugary foods. All very bad for my health.

If only I can haul my *** over to bed in time each evening!!

Live and let live!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 09:16 PM
SAS Member

This is going to sound weird, but this is how my mom lowered her blood pressure from 150 to 112. Well, one day at her work her coworkers decided to have guacamole for lunch and they all pitched in to make it/buy the ingredients. It was so good that my mom got the recipe and then we started eating guacamole at home for a few days. Then my mom checks her blood pressure and to her shock her blood pressure was much lower. That's when she realized it was because of the guacamole. She wasn't doing anything different with her lifestyle besides eating it.

I suspect the ingredients in the guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro, etc) probably lowers high blood pressure. Now she eats it regularly and her blood pressure is fine. She doesn't even have to exercise like her doctor told her too. The more she ate it, the more her blood pressure got lower and lower from 150.

Sorry if my story sounds unbelievable. ^^' If we don't eat food, we die. So maybe if we don't eat certain foods we can get health problems. I know that if we eat certain foods it can cause health problems. I had terrible eczema but once I stopped consuming dairy, wheat/gluten, and foods with a lot of preservatives, it went away.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I used to think high blood pressure was desirable. I mean, like I always thought if you go to the doctor and he tells you that you have low blood pressure that must mean you don't have enough blood pressure.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page