5-htp? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

5-htp?

Has anyone tried it? if so does it work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christ~in~me View Post
Has anyone tried it? if so does it work?
sort of....i kinda makes me a little bit nauseous, and give me a headache. it is sorta calming....i think u gotta take it more than a couple times for it too work though....not the best feeling ever. Sort of weirdly euphoric (really weakly) but also agitating in a weird way. ITs really hard to describe, but i think its worth a try as long as your not on an SSRI at the moment. It might work better in combo with a little bit of L-tyrosine? to raise norepinephrine and dopamine levels also. I found it better to take at home, cuz it didn't really make me want to socialize.

but it might be awesome 4 u, cuz lotsa people find it helps. i don't respond well to 5htp and other Serotonergic meds, anyway,....

Because I know that here today, the Black Knights,..... will emerge victorious, once again.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 04:39 PM
SAS Member

It didn't work for me. Sometimes I couldn't tell any difference and sometimes it just seemed to slow me down, and feel kind of drowsy. The only thing I did like about it was when I took it at night I would have really vivid realistic dreams.

"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vini Vidi Vici View Post
sort of....i kinda makes me a little bit nauseous, and give me a headache. it is sorta calming....i think u gotta take it more than a couple times for it too work though....not the best feeling ever. Sort of weirdly euphoric (really weakly) but also agitating in a weird way. ITs really hard to describe, but i think its worth a try as long as your not on an SSRI at the moment. It might work better in combo with a little bit of L-tyrosine? to raise norepinephrine and dopamine levels also. I found it better to take at home, cuz it didn't really make me want to socialize.

but it might be awesome 4 u, cuz lotsa people find it helps. i don't respond well to 5htp and other Serotonergic meds, anyway,....
Thank you,this really helped! ive been on it for a couple of days now and ive been taking it with vitamin B12. not a drastic change but its helped with my mood a lot. it hasent helped with anxiety much though. im definatly going to try it with L-Tyrosine and see what happens.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page