Trying to get back into drawing. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored

Trying to get back into drawing.

I'm trying to get back into drawing and I'm very indecisive. I'd like to draw characters from movies, TV, anime, cartoons, video games, comics, books, etc. I'll draw celebrities and other people from real life too.

Does anybody have any suggestions for who or what I should draw?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Spirit of Vengeance

My Mood: Mellow
I'd say whatever you feel like in the moment or whatever catches your eye. If you don't want to commit to a full, finished drawing then just doodling/sketching various characters or things can be fun.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

I've got a Dungeon Master's guide
I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler, too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 08:07 PM
c'est moi

My suggestion is just to start drawing. You will find what you want to draw as you get more into it.

"I'm nobody, who are you?" - Emily Dickinson

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 04:49 PM
still delicious

If you've been out of practice for a while, just get your hand/eyes moving again by doing warm-up type of exercises. Drawing lines, circles, ellipses, cubes, other shapes. It doesn't sound fun, 'cause it's not, but it does help. And since you're interested in drawing human characters, you could do some gesture drawing. There's some free gesture drawing sites you could use.

Once you're warm-upped, you'll naturally just want to move onto to drawing something more fun/substantial without too much of indecisiveness getting in the way. Just make use of that new blank page in your sketchbook (or painting program) and choose something that interests you the most and start sketching. Do many sketches as you want of a subject or many subjects as you want. If you're satisfied with a sketch, you can turn it into a full drawing. Doesn't matter. Just have fun.

If I had to choose who you should start drawing first, it would be the cast from IASIP in their Nightman Cometh costumes.

“Never too late to learn some embarrassingly basic, stupidly obvious things about oneself." - Alain de Botton
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:18 PM
SAS Member

Omg yess. I recently started doodling again, and it felt so good?! I study design, so most of the time, i am not free to doodle whatever I like Guess that limitation really affected me very negatively, that i put aside sketching and doodling altogether.

But just a few days ago, i decided, why not right? And i got a little hooked. I miss those times. You could try drawing your childhood cartoons with your style That is really fun.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page