Thinking about getting a summer job? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thinking about getting a summer job?

Hello fellow people I'm currently considering getting a summer job I'm 17 and school is letting out in a week, however the only thing is that my social anxiety holds me back from getting a job due to the fear of having to interact with customers. My goal is to find a job that has little social interaction, does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 08:33 AM
stickler for paperwork

Retail baby!!
Cafes are good for about everyone. Beyond that it depends on your interests. Do you like snow gear? Try a shop. Do you like clothes? Work at a store. Do you like books? Try a bookstore.

Also, maybe not retail!
Look at some job portals online, I remember someone telling me when I was young that I'd be surprised at how many young people take jobs with little experience value when they could be working in an office already, obviously as a clerk or something. If you want more office interaction (though I don't think you'll get as much interaction as with retail) then look online for this sort of opening.

I think that is a fantastic goal (if you put off your first job for too many years it gets way harder) - I hope you don't get discouraged. It may take some time to get used to the process and to land one, but you'll get one, you're already overqualified for a lot of those things.

Good luck!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page