Take better care of myself - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

My Mood: Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I sit(lay) at home, with my laptop on my lap pretty much everyday, only getting up to eat, going to the bathroom or taking a smoke....I love french fries and pizza etc....

but guess what?

I'm underweight. Always have been.

Think it has something to do with genetics.
Yeah I'm sure genetics plays a part. My mom is very overweight and so was her mom. You should be careful though, because when you get older bad eating habits might start catching up to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 08:07 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
Yeah I'm sure genetics plays a part. My mom is very overweight and so was her mom. You should be careful though, because when you get older bad eating habits might start catching up to you.
Everyone in my family is really thin. Even once they're older. Even my grandmothers look fit.

But honestly, I don't care that much. If anything, I'd actually like to gain some weight. I feel pretty week as I am right now.

“You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered."

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Aside from walking at least 20 minutes each day in my house, I haven't been doing too great. I am proud that I'm sticking with the exercise though. For 13 days in a row I've exercised everyday. I've also done better than usual at not missing my medications.

Tomorrow, I plan to get back to working harder on improving my health. I'll be focusing on the daily goals that are most important for me right now.

-Avoid pop -
-Avoid fast food and carryout -
-Eat fruits and vegetables -
-Use sleep apnea machine -
-Take my medications -
-Brush my teeth -
-Exercise -
-Do chores, if any -

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Allison

Hope you did good today. Since I committed social suicide I've decided to dedicate 2016 to myself as well. I haven't been able to put the exercise into my life yet (I'm suffering a bit of agoraphobia right now) but I've been doing good with the food. I'm going to check back in on you
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-22-2016, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanParadise View Post
Hope you did good today. Since I committed social suicide I've decided to dedicate 2016 to myself as well. I haven't been able to put the exercise into my life yet (I'm suffering a bit of agoraphobia right now) but I've been doing good with the food. I'm going to check back in on you
Thanks, and good luck with 2016 as well I do most of my exercise inside because of social anxiety and the cold weather. It can get really boring though.

-Avoid pop - Did good the first 14 hours but ended up drinking 4 pops later in the day
-Avoid fast food and carryout - no
-Eat fruits and vegetables - no
-Use sleep apnea machine - yes
-Take my medications - Yes
-Brush my teeth - Once
-Exercise - 32 minutes walking in house, 20 minutes walking outside
-Do chores, if any - No
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Aside from exercise have been slacking a bit. Have made sure to walk everyday. Have also done better at avoiding carryout
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 05:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
i have just started to train again and change my diet so far so good tho i know trying to look after one self is no easy thing i say good luck to you for making the effort to change

i feel the need the need for speed
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartmays1 View Post
i have just started to train again and change my diet so far so good tho i know trying to look after one self is no easy thing i say good luck to you for making the effort to change
Thanks and good luck to you as well Changing my diet is definitely the hardest
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Still walking everyday. A few days I didn't do much though. Like yesterday I only walked 5 minutes. It wasn't much but I forced myself to so I wouldn't gt nothing done. Also doing better avoiding carryout. I've been working harder on getting chores done as well.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:27 PM
SAS Member

[QUOTE=slyfox;1084162017 I am very addicted to pop and regularly drink 6 or more cans a day.

Daily I'm going to try to
-Avoid or reduce pop intake
-Avoid fast food and carryout
-Eat fruits and vegetables
-Use my sleep apnea machine
-Take my medications
-Brush my teeth at least twice
-Shave
-Exercise
-Go outside
-Meditation
-Keep a dream journal
-Do chores, if any

Not sure if this is too long of a list to start. If I keep at it hopefully I'll start feeling better[/QUOTE]

I found an excellent substitute for soda, my Psychiatrist recommended it and surprisingly it helped a ton and it helps with a lot of the struggles you may be having. Try Water Kefir!

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/wat...-questions-faq

I don't want to tout it as some cure all magic stuff. All it is is sugar water (I use coconut water instead) that is fermented by little Yeast and bacteria. They eat almost all the sugar leaving you with a slightly sweet and tasty, carbonated extremely high-probiotic drink. Then you can flavor it any way you want. Add a little cola syrup and you have coca cola or any flavor you want. They charge $30 a pnt for this at the health food store.

Like I said, my Psychiatrist recommended trying probiotics. There's a lot of science that shows that if you feed your gut probiotics (especially the wide range found in water kefir) can help us get better.

I am in a similar spot as you. Health improvements that I have seen:
slightly reduced psychological symptoms.
Big time help with weight loss, and super beneficial for the diet.
clearer skin
more energy

pm me, I can send you some starter culture for free if you want.
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAruba View Post
I found an excellent substitute for soda, my Psychiatrist recommended it and surprisingly it helped a ton and it helps with a lot of the struggles you may be having. Try Water Kefir!

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/wat...-questions-faq

I don't want to tout it as some cure all magic stuff. All it is is sugar water (I use coconut water instead) that is fermented by little Yeast and bacteria. They eat almost all the sugar leaving you with a slightly sweet and tasty, carbonated extremely high-probiotic drink. Then you can flavor it any way you want. Add a little cola syrup and you have coca cola or any flavor you want. They charge $30 a pnt for this at the health food store.

Like I said, my Psychiatrist recommended trying probiotics. There's a lot of science that shows that if you feed your gut probiotics (especially the wide range found in water kefir) can help us get better.

I am in a similar spot as you. Health improvements that I have seen:
slightly reduced psychological symptoms.
Big time help with weight loss, and super beneficial for the diet.
clearer skin
more energy

pm me, I can send you some starter culture for free if you want.
Thanks, but I'll stick to trying with water for now. I'll check out your link though
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Still doing more chores, but I've slowed down some. Have been sticking to a food budget. Have been walking every day but there are some days where I barely got any in. Also have been trying to drink only one caffeinated pop a day. I was doing good on this, but the past two days I allowed myself to have some non caffeinated sodas in addition.

I need to start taking things more seriously. I'm planning to start walking outside more especially when the weather warms up. It will help me get more walking in, because it is tedious in my house where I don't have much room.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 05:41 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Paranoid
Hi, I don't know you but I read your posts and saw your goals and the progress you've made. I have to say, I think you're doing great and I'm inspired to make a list of my own! Keep it up! Exercise and food/soda are hard to change but I think that you allowing yourself a break is good. I've been working out for about 6 months now, and not drinking soda was the hardest. I did the "drink only one a day" too. Now I have a craving every few weeks and I go ahead and get a soda. Good luck!!

“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
Hi, I don't know you but I read your posts and saw your goals and the progress you've made. I have to say, I think you're doing great and I'm inspired to make a list of my own! Keep it up! Exercise and food/soda are hard to change but I think that you allowing yourself a break is good. I've been working out for about 6 months now, and not drinking soda was the hardest. I did the "drink only one a day" too. Now I have a craving every few weeks and I go ahead and get a soda. Good luck!!
Thanks You should make your own list. Good luck if you do. Yeah quitting soda is really hard. I'm so used to drinking it while I eat. Meals seem less enjoyable without it. Good job on reducing your soda intake! I'll keep trying myself.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 09:34 AM
Allison

How has it been going? Two weeks since you posted on this

I need to do a daily walk outside too. Ugh. I did finally start reading a book. It used to be a daily pleasure of mine but I stopped for a few months because I lost the focus. My mind couldn't quiet enough to do it. So this is a good step.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanParadise View Post
How has it been going? Two weeks since you posted on this

I need to do a daily walk outside too. Ugh. I did finally start reading a book. It used to be a daily pleasure of mine but I stopped for a few months because I lost the focus. My mind couldn't quiet enough to do it. So this is a good step.
My mom passed away about a week ago, so have been really off track. The stress and not eating much has helped me to lose weight though. Was 312 lbs when I weighed myself today. Plan to go walking more when it warms up with my dad and by myself. Tomorrow is supposed to be nearly 50 F so I'll probably take a walk with my dad.

Good luck with the daily walks I really do need to get back on track myself.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Weighed 310.8 lbs when I weighed myself this morning. Going to try to get back on track of walking everyday. Walked 15 minutes outside today. Also going to try to quit drinking soda again. I was drinking a ton the past couple of weeks.

About to clean my cpap machine so I can try to use it again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page