how to stop comparing myself to others - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

how to stop comparing myself to others

I would like to know how. It seems to come naturally for me, but i know i'll never be successful or happy if i keep doing it. i'm constantly comparing my life to others, and i feel like a total loser compared to people who are successful. I'm 21, don't have a job (and never have), am just starting 2 year college now, and have never had a relationship. i would like to stop focusing on all of the ways i'm behind in life so i can actually get somewhere in life and not be so depressed, but my mind keeps nagging me. how can i start thinking a little more positively?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:53 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
Maybe try and see it as the grass isnít always greener on the other side. College is great and you should be really proud of going especially with social anxiety. Itís always possible to form a relationship in college, give yourself time and keep trying your best. After college maybe you could get a good job. Just try and focus on your goals and how youíre doing, not what others your age around you are doing. I know itís easier said than done, I compare myself to others everyday but I try hard not to because it makes me feel awful. I am grateful for what things I have accomplished.

pretty when I cry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

actually, i'm going to do college online

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page