Goal in life ? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Smile

Goal in life ?

So I'm currently in my first semester at college. However I don't have many life goals and many friends at all actually. My only life goals are:
Live in a rv or trailer park or tiny house
Play sims all day
Travel to maybe korea
I have no interest in having a family and lost hope in finding love. I have had on and off depression for quite a few years now, and I'm done begging people to be friends with me. My family has been getting on my nerves, and I just need advice on what I should do for the rest of my life because going to college for three more years to not even want to do anything important is just ridiculous to me.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
Hi! those are similiar goals to mine lol

I want to publish my book, live in a RV, travel the world, and just be content. I don't need much to be happy

If you think college is what you want then do it, but whatever you do in life do it for YOU. Don't give up on finding love or friends. Usually those happen when you aren't looking. Are you getting help?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Awee thanks for the advice, and I don't feel college is a good fit for me but I guess I will see. Lol
Hope everything works out for you and your book.

"I'm never too cool for the cool kids, and I was never too nerdy for the nerdy kids....."
-Arielle
Girl I won't forget you

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:42 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
nothing at all, no goals in my life, i just don't see the use of having goals if life is always will throw you down, and crush them....
the only goal i have is to keep my promise with my little brother to not abandon him, so i pray that i live even minutes longer than him, i pray to god not to take me before him,

I cannot Feel ... sorrow, no matter what misery befalls the world,
no matter what you think, what you feel or how you exist...

-Xemnas-
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:49 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Cool
I had one goal life when I was younger - snowboarding for an entire winter season - so I jacked in my job, sold my appartment and did it, twice actually.

Other than snowboarding, I`ve never really had an all consuming passion in life, apart from now with my two young kids. Once they are out the way, maybe I`ll **** off and live in some log cabin in the Alps or Rockies, and see out my days sliding down the hills again, and when time is right, say at 90, I`ll die attempting some insane cliff drop, going down as a snowboarding legend !! or bellend more like.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemnas View Post
nothing at all, no goals in my life, i just don't see the use of having goals if life is always will throw you down, and crush them....
the only goal i have is to keep my promise with my little brother to not abandon him, so i pray that i live even minutes longer than him, i pray to god not to take me before him,
top man, little bro is very lucky.

(although I cant condone the praying bit )
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 03:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
top man, little bro is very lucky.

(although I cant condone the praying bit )
i do the praying bit cuz i know i can't control when i die to a 100%
and i do believe in a higher power, just not completely what religions make them to be

I cannot Feel ... sorrow, no matter what misery befalls the world,
no matter what you think, what you feel or how you exist...

-Xemnas-
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
My goal in life is going to work everyday and improve my selling skills,I work as a salesperson
My other goal is to improve my favorite sports skills which is football.I started late but I think I can play until old,I want to be good with my feet on ball
My last goal is to stay with my Gf and get married one day.My current girlfriend is a good girl,lovely and smart.I am lucky if I can be with her everyday.

Oh,I also hope I can get off medication(low dose Psychiatric meds) and live a normal life without them and I will be content.

Hope to overcome my social phobia,facing it since i am young.I think my social phobia is childhood experience and genetic factor
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 11:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I had one goal life when I was younger - snowboarding for an entire winter season - so I jacked in my job, sold my appartment and did it, twice actually.

Other than snowboarding, I`ve never really had an all consuming passion in life, apart from now with my two young kids. Once they are out the way, maybe I`ll **** off and live in some log cabin in the Alps or Rockies, and see out my days sliding down the hills again, and when time is right, say at 90, I`ll die attempting some insane cliff drop, going down as a snowboarding legend !! or bellend more like.
Passion is a very good thing.I am glad you have snowboarding as a passion.Football is my passion,I hope I can play until I am old too...I am only 28,itís late but I am glad I still can play it every week

Hope to overcome my social phobia,facing it since i am young.I think my social phobia is childhood experience and genetic factor
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobc1990 View Post
Passion is a very good thing.I am glad you have snowboarding as a passion.Football is my passion,I hope I can play until I am old too...I am only 28,itís late but I am glad I still can play it every week
Oh, I did miss out football as that used to be my passion when I was younger - any spare moment as kids, we spent playing football and I managed to play at quite a decent level but just lost all interest in my late teens for some reason, probably because it was getting too serious and I was playing too much, so I stopped.

Although its still importatnt to me, as my username suggests - SFC = Southampton Footbal Club !!
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 02:39 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry

getting through another day!

up 6am always! pleased. nothing to do

swallow pills the main task
coƒƒhehehee!

snack. TV.

already made it all the way to 10am!

Best reward when Eastenders is ready for me! anchorpoint to aim for! 8pm is when my next set of pills! all this time - no Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday Eastenders until widweek days... nothing to think of or do, except post this stupid post!

piling on... love driving the car, but no reason other than groceries. would be 6am with clear roads, empty supermarket, but iced windows, so impossible. Not worth clearing the ice, which I always did every morning after shower, brek, suit, an office to drive to by 9am. when unemployed after 5 years, guided when road congestion is gone, and ice too, naturally. but.. ROADWORKS! more. more. every street, the entire town. static traffic queues kill a car. my last one. I wait for a magic, rare clear journey. no day encompasses any valid sense to use a road. my gambling hopes and bets, delighted to achieve, but topped and tailed with hours of ping-pong traffic shuffle. getting home in one piece. engine not yet popped. laughing that oblivious peeps might get shattered, crumbled brand newest pretty engines... this trend could free some road space

biking everywhere - weaving through gridlocked cars not necessary until pedestrian paths and blocked by human flesh - families of 15+

being in my car for hours queued fulfilled my pleasure of how I'd be there, using my bike. either trip can be rewarding when I choose right time, but tough decision when I stay home. recent powertrain improvements for each set of wheels. valve & injectors cleansing with lots of noise. bike gearset slippage annoying, up steep hills. now a fresh set of metal.

battling all-together scenario impossible. no marriage, no kids, no earnings, shuffling, nudging, balancing means to an end

all same for dead people. space for anyone.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 07:37 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I did miss out football as that used to be my passion when I was younger - any spare moment as kids, we spent playing football and I managed to play at quite a decent level but just lost all interest in my late teens for some reason, probably because it was getting too serious and I was playing too much, so I stopped.

Although its still importatnt to me, as my username suggests - SFC = Southampton Footbal Club !!
Thatís cool,how old are you now?Not planning to get back to football?

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:25 PM
SAS Member

I want to fly for a living...I want to find someone to love, that loves me as much as I do them..Got my pilot's license back in May of 2017, and just can't describe what it's like to forget about life and just...fly...Be free....Its a great anti depressant...

Everything is meant to be, even when it isn't..
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:35 PM
SAS Member

Aw, hang in there, you're not alone. *Hugs*

My goal in life? Well, it would be nice to be happier. I'd like to be a successful blogger. Or have some kind of income where I could work away from home, and not be bullied by people on the job.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Thatís cool,how old are you now?Not planning to get back to football?
Too old to get back into playing footy !! :-)

Anyway I ****ed my elbow up big time a few years back and I used to play in goal so that would rule me out anyway, and its why I cant really snowboard seriously anymore.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 04:15 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Question

Do roads work?

why more work done to roads than allowing them to be used?

like decapitating each world leader

maybe a sensible idea? hourglass idea
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:36 PM
SAS Member

I just want to be able to properly socialize and make friends, maybe get married, or atleast have a girlfriend. That's pretty much it. I've always disliked having anxiety and overcoming it is my biggest dream. It would make having a job a whole lot easier.

"Silence is argument carried out by other means." -Che Guevara
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Permanent identity crisis

Partner
fit sexy healthy weight body
financial stability
strong support system- friends, family
own home
contentment and overall life satisfaction

possibly children
dream goal
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM
SAS Member

Save a lot of money and buy a home that is isolated from people.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 05:01 PM
SAS Member

Find the best medication for me (already found one that is good by I want to get medical cannabis)

Immigrate

Live comfortably (financially speaking)

Find something/s that i have passion for

Stay young looking

Make more like minded friends

The list goes on

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page