[Bucket List] What do you want to do before you die? - Page 8 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #141 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfry View Post

Yeah things are going steady thanks. Just reviewing the current line and what I can add to it. The past year has been mainly focused on building a decent hoop earring collection which has been great but I think it would be nice to have more unisex pieces in the shop aswell so just looking at this and seeing if I can handle doing more.

With that bracelet that you bought on Etsy, just wondered what kind of metal is the clasp part? Maybe try sending another email to the seller stating the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and your rights have been breached - the bracelet was not as described and you want your money back or else youíre going to escalate this with Etsy. They will probably concede and refund you if they donít want the hassle from Etsy which could result in their shop being shut down if they find that all their items are not in line with the description.
Iíve never had to escalate any sale on etsy (touch wood) but you might have to wait a while before getting a response as theres been a lot of agro with the recent changes and bugs affecting sellers accounts. They probably will issue a refund back to you.

I really like them ones you made before, those leather wrap style ones. Is it like that? You should do it
Am not sure re the clasp, but it's very magnetic (way more than any non silver elements), and another couple of those crimpy things also not magnetic. It's a shame as I absolutely love the design. Its oxidised silver so its hard to know what those bits are made of, as oxidised silver looks quite a lot like steel etc anyway. My guess tho is that the rest probably is silver (it barely moves with the magnet), but those bits are plated (something). It also has a fairly strong metallic smell to it.

Plated stuff is fine, of course, but should absolutely not be sold as sterling.

If I make my own version I can add some leather to it anyway

Yeh, I mean, I am pretty sure they will refund, will definitely threaten them if I need to. I actually would want to escalate anyway, just out of principle, because I don't like sellers lying about silver.. I don't think it does the industry any favours, and definitely doesn't those on etsy. I would think long and hard about buying something else from there now that is fairly expensive, just because I don't really have any way of knowing what's genuine sterling, and would have assumed a seller with that many sales wouldn't be allowed to trade by etsy selling things that aren't as described.

I assume it might be a bait and switch thing though, they sometimes swap out components to silver plated to keep costs down or something?

Did you ever add the mens section? What was the link to your shop again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 151 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:35 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Am not sure re the clasp, but it's very magnetic (way more than any non silver elements), and another couple of those crimpy things also not magnetic. It's a shame as I absolutely love the design. Its oxidised silver so its hard to know what those bits are made of, as oxidised silver looks quite a lot like steel etc anyway. My guess tho is that the rest probably is silver (it barely moves with the magnet), but those bits are plated (something). It also has a fairly strong metallic smell to it.

Plated stuff is fine, of course, but should absolutely not be sold as sterling.

If I make my own version I can add some leather to it anyway

Yeh, I mean, I am pretty sure they will refund, will definitely threaten them if I need to. I actually would want to escalate anyway, just out of principle, because I don't like sellers lying about silver.. I don't think it does the industry any favours, and definitely doesn't those on etsy. I would think long and hard about buying something else from there now that is fairly expensive, just because I don't really have any way of knowing what's genuine sterling, and would have assumed a seller with that many sales wouldn't be allowed to trade by etsy selling things that aren't as described.

I assume it might be a bait and switch thing though, they sometimes swap out components to silver plated to keep costs down or something?

Did you ever add the mens section? What was the link to your shop again?

Ahh that is a shame, yeah probably steel or nickel. You did the right thing by testing with the magnet. I agree theyíre probably doing a bait and switch unless they were themselves mis-sold components by their suppliers? Either way you didnít get what you paid for so you have every right to ask for your money back.

No unfortunately Iíve not got round to adding this, had some major setbacks last year and only starting to pick myself up again. Iíd like to get something together over the next few months. Iím not ruling it out yet. You'll have to watch this space

I'll PM you the link
post #143 of 151 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:06 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
[X]Get into a relationship
[X]Get engaged
[]Get married
[]Have children
[]Move out
[]Get a promotion
[X]Get a degree
[]Skydive