Asking questions - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Asking questions

I got my spring semester school report today, and all of my teachers said that I need to ask more questions when I'm unsure about things. This is so hard for me to do though considering that the idea of raising my hand in class makes me feel physically sick.
But I have set myself a challenge to try and ask a teacher a question about something I don't understand at least once a day - starting only with teachers I like and working my way up to people like my scary new science teacher (well, maybe not )
This may or may not sound super silly but I feel like it would help me a lot as I really struggle with school, I'll let you guys know how I get on.
Not like anyone probably cares but oh well I like talking to myself anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Kerel

Quote:
Originally Posted by its anobrain View Post
I got my spring semester school report today, and all of my teachers said that I need to ask more questions when I'm unsure about things. This is so hard for me to do though considering that the idea of raising my hand in class makes me feel physically sick.
But I have set myself a challenge to try and ask a teacher a question about something I don't understand at least once a day - starting only with teachers I like and working my way up to people like my scary new science teacher (well, maybe not )
This may or may not sound super silly but I feel like it would help me a lot as I really struggle with school, I'll let you guys know how I get on.
Not like anyone probably cares but oh well I like talking to myself anyway
When I use to go to school I would always ask a question and everybody started calling me questions cause I didnt undersatand almost everything, but that was annoying lol
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Permanently Banned

I was the opposite, I asked too many questions. Some of them snarky and challenging. Especially in sex ed class.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialbondage View Post
When I use to go to school I would always ask a question and everybody started calling me questions cause I didnt undersatand almost everything, but that was annoying lol
I don't understand anything either, especially science and maths! Hopefully no one will call me anything for asking things - that's kind of what I'm scared of really haha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I asked my science teacher today (not the scary one, I have two) if I had ordered the statements we had to rearrange right before sticking them down if I had done it right. It took a lot of courage for me to do but she just checked my order and said it was perfect - I had nothing to worry about. Really proud of myself for doing that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page