Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - invited to interview: must fly alone and get taxi alone and do panel interview?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
brokenpieces

Unhappy

invited to interview: must fly alone and get taxi alone and do panel interview?

this is my worst nightmare. I'd love to have the job but all I can think about is flying alone and getting lost and having to talk to people....and people thinking I'm stupid. Then getting a taxi which I've never done and it taking me to the wrong place or I say something wrong. Getting to the panel interview and being a wreck because now I have to watch all these people judge everything I say and I usually cry in interviews because it is so stressful...and for this one I have to deal with that plus I'm probably still going to be worrying about making sure I get home correctly.

I'm a girl, I've never traveled alone, never got a taxi ever, never been to the city, don't know where I'm going, don't know anyone there, never done a panel interview....and so I just can't call the company back. I feel like a loser.

I'm so mad at myself and this disease for doing this to me. But I don't know how to not freak out about everything. I can't call back and say "well I havn't returned any of your calls because I'm scared to talk on the phone and because of all the reasons I just listed"...ugh

Why can't I be normal? A free trip to interview for the job of your dreams should be something to be excited about.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome