Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - anyone has fully recovered from social anxiety?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM
yeah_yeah_yeah
SAS Member

Re: anyone has fully recovered from social anxiety?

I'm about 75% better

Still to be brought down to size:

1) Dating (10% better)
2) Mild friendship paranoia (50% better)
3) People with a Manipulative Style (75% better)
4) Motivation at work (5% better)

The next alleyway in my journey is filling my life with positive things. Scheduling stuff to do in evenings. Exercise. Positively vibed stuff.

SA beatable? You betcha, but you gotta work at it. Its not like the measles - there aint a quick course of meds or a surgical procedure that will make it go away forever. Steady, consistent work on reversing what got you to where you are now.

The brain is a muscle and you've been working it out the wrong way for a long time! If you went and lifted one set of weights for one day, would you expect to be Arnie by the next morning? NO! The brain is the same! Get a brain workout routine that puts you on an upward slope and start working out today!!

Worked for me: CBT (from books and face to face), Mindfulness, Effexor, A LOT LOT LOT of reading, understanding the disorder, understanding the brain, understanding my past, honesty, letting my emotions out and acknowledging them, being honest about my weaknesses - even the ones I was too ashamed to really admit, focusing on intimacy and closeness instead of social excellence.

Ross

On to concentrate on bright things Stuck around in hopes to help, didnt seem like there was much left I could do anymore ... good luck and comfort to those who are on their own path and hope for those yet to take their first step! Much Love

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome