Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - anyone has fully recovered from social anxiety?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
madmoragan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 68

Re: anyone has fully recovered from social anxiety?


i believe SA is a mental illness but its an illness that is learned. as we all know no one is born shy. babies with inhibited temperaments make up 15-20% of all babies. 2 out of 3 of those babies turns out to be shy. mildly shy as opposed to extreme shyness. these shy babies fall along the continum. what i believe is that regardless of an inhibited temperament, a person can grow up to be socially well adjusted depending on how the baby's parents treated him and the influence of a parents natural temperament on the baby. It has been proven that 93% say they have felt shy at some point in their lives. The other 7% are just lying. its like saying you are born without any emotion to say you've never felt shy. so as a result of my understanding of SA i have and am a recovered SA sufferer. no longer do i let my anxiety ever play the way i live my life. if i ever do feel anxious i immediately bring myself back to the moment and accept my anxiety instead of dwelling on it. so, in response to your answer yes it can be overcome. good luck
madmoragan is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome