Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What have you been listening to

5K views 52 replies 41 participants last post by  Solomoon 
#1 ·
(Asking this question can be a great conversation helper by the way.)

I'll start things off. Right now, I'm listening to a mix that consists of some Sufjan Stevens, Boards of Canada, Elliott Smith, and Aphex Twin.

What have you been listening to?

#2 ·
Well, I recently discovered the ShoutCast radio that comes with WinAmp, so I've been spending my time on the computer listening to the various oldies stations. Unfortunately, the radio stations in Dayton either suck or don't come in on the radio I have in my room, so this is a great replacement. :)

#3 ·
today some queen and black sabbath. i havent listened to them for a while so this is a good changs from metallica and GnR

#5 ·
today erm...The Cribs, Blondie, Led Zeppelin, Interpol.

I'm really into a band at the moment called A Heartwell Ending. theyre kind of emo/punk-pop. And also Aiden.

#8 ·
soma said:

I'll start things off. Right now, I'm listening to a mix that consists of some Sufjan Stevens, Boards of Canada, Elliott Smith, and Aphex Twin.

Wow, I've been listening to much of the same stuff, except Elliott Smith. I used to listen to a lot of his music, but not so much anymore. Sufjan Stevens is alright, too-- his music displays a lot of creativity. Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin are currently two of my favourites, though.

#13 ·
aimee said:
soma said:

Wow, I've been listening to much the same stuff, except Elliott Smith. I used to listen to a lot of his stuff, but not so much anymore. I love Sufjan Stevens by the way. Beautiful music. Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin are currently two of my favourites too..
but not quite as much as I love Radiohead and the Smashing Pumpkins. I have been listening the hell out of Radiohead for the past 3 years now, and SP are a band I've sort of recently re-discovered and can't get enough of as well.
but Radiohead are my very favourite :)
Cool. :)

Elliott Smith and Radiohead are like my bread and butter.

#20 ·
Goldfrapp always makes me smile nowadays, though dancey music usually isn't my thing. I've been avoiding depressing music and prefer stuff that makes me happy. I'm an Elliott Smith fan, but I try not to listen to him when I'm depressed because it always ends up making me feel a lot worse.
I've been listening to The Go-Betweens, Supergrass, Felt, Teenage Fanclub, Andrew Bird, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, and Jamie Lidell... I downloaded all of Sufjan's albums and none of the songs have clicked after a few listens. Can someone recommend some of his songs that deserve closer listening?

#21 ·
Well I usually listen to trance, but I haven't going back to my old flame lately, rock.

Lately I really like,

All American Rejects - Move Along
NIN - The Hand that Feeds
Dropkick Murphy - The Workers Song
Pennywise = Bro Hymm

And a bunch of other good stuff

#24 ·
I usually listen to mostly indie type stuff, but lately Ive been geting into other stuff like

trivium
avenged sevenfold
team sleep(chino from the deftones new band)
the blood brothers,ive been listening to these guys especially,theyre indie/hardcore with some disturbing/drug influenced lyrics but 'love rhymes with hideous car wreck' is such a refreshing turn away from "same sad song from band X to girl Y' that most bands seem to be writing over and over and over again,that and I saw them live and im obsessed

#26 ·
emptybottle said:
Goldfrapp always makes me smile nowadays, though dancey music usually isn't my thing. I've been avoiding depressing music and prefer stuff that makes me happy. I'm an Elliott Smith fan, but I try not to listen to him when I'm depressed because it always ends up making me feel a lot worse.
I've been listening to The Go-Betweens, Supergrass, Felt, Teenage Fanclub, Andrew Bird, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, and Jamie Lidell... I downloaded all of Sufjan's albums and none of the songs have clicked after a few listens. Can someone recommend some of his songs that deserve closer listening?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.