Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

anti depressants

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blondegina 
#1 ·
Is there any positive stories out there? Did a anti depressant work for you and cure you of your anxiety and make you feel like a normal person with little to no side effects? This is what I'm hoping for as I'm going to tell my doctor tomorrow I want to start something for my anxiety. Thanks in advance, I'd love to here there is some help out there for this.

#2 ·
I am on Lexapro and Xanax. The Lexapro I take daily and it helps more with depression than the anxiety. I dont like taking the Xanax except when I am having major anxiety because it makes me tired. But one good thing is I have insomnia so the Xanax helps me sleep if I take it at night. Talk to you Dr. about how you feel and he will work with you on medication. Also remember new meds usually take about 2 weeks before you will notice a change but contact your dr. if you have ANY side affects. Good luck to you!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.