Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Post a Quote that Inspires You

566K views 5K replies 1K participants last post by  Starcut83 
#1 ·
I'll start.... with 2

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Helen Keller

I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.

Helen Keller

I take this to mean ... for me... that I can't give in to this urge, like I have been, to stay home and avoid all the hard and uncomfortable stuff out there... I have to make myself uncomfortable, make myself sick to my stomach, risk embarrassment and failure and push through the suckiest stuff - like I used to - and make myself get back out there and live this freakin' life the best I can and then try to go one step better than that.

Now - to just find more motivation around here to do that... nope, it's not under the couch, or under my bed or in my closet... where they hell is my motivation hiding?

See less See more
#90 ·
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears"
-Montaigne
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

-Winston Churchill
It's better to be hated for what you are then to be loved for what you are not.

- Kurt Cobain
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato
The Serenity Prayer.

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference."
You were born an original. Don't die a copy'.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
I like all of these.

#31 ·
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward."
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison

I've always liked quotes by Edison, especially the first one. It's just full of optimism. It's also nice to see that even pretty smart people have 'failed' before. But more importantly, realizing how much our perspective can influence our thoughts is always refreshing, and how I should never only look badly on something I've done but rather learn from it as well.

#3,856 ·
"The way I see it, you can be anything you want to be. If your mind can perceive it, and your heart truly believes it, then you are half way there and all you have to do is do it." -- Unknown

Wouldn't it be nice if life was this easy ? lol
yes lol

This post has been deleted
#37 ·
"There has never been, nor will there ever be a life free from problems. It is not the presence of problems but how we tackle them that determines the quality of our lives"

"Favourable circumstances may be pleasant, but they rarely strengthen one's character. The greater the person, the greater the adversity he or she has overcome"
I like these. Kind of reminds me of the saying, "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

#43 ·
"There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day they will."

Sue Sylvester (Glee) :)

#47 ·
“Do nothing to lose respect for yourself, or to cheapen yourself in your own eyes: let your own integrity be the standard of rectitude, and let your own dictates be stricter than the precepts of any law.”

Balthasar Gracian

#2,070 ·
Hello Everyone
hope you are ok
my favourite quote it's from the movie Ku Fu Panda(lol)

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift that is why it's called the Present :)
Its genius lol

#52 ·
"It's time to let go of the things that prevent you from finding happiness. You deserve to love someone... and be loved in return."
Jacob Carter, Stargate SG-1

"Happiness is:
Something to do
Something to love
Something to hope for"
Joe, Men of a Certain Age

"Don't let self-doubt distract you from reaching your goals."
Deanna Troi, Star Trek Voyager

#62 ·
Life, like poker, has an element of risk. It shouldn't be avoided. It should be faced. -Edward Norton

"Happiness is:
Something to do
Something to love
Something to hope for"
Joe, Men of a Certain Age
Great show, great quote.

#55 ·
sorry if humbling is the wrong word =)