Helena_SAS
Community and Website Administrator

Language: Test123
My Mood: Cheerful

Fair Experience

(Copied over from old review system)

Posted by Dolly
Social Anxiety Background
I've had SAD since I was a child in grade school, but I was not officially diagnosed until March of this year. My social phobias transformed into serious forms of depression when I entered college.

Other Treatments
sam-E as a mood support (but it didn't really work)

Treatment Experience
I started taking 30 mg of Cymbalta for social anxiety and depression, and I eventually moved up to 60 mg a day. I did have some jitters, drowsiness, and "crying spells" where I wasn't really "crying" (since, emotionally, I was feeling fine) but my eyes were watering and my throat felt a little choked up. They did subside the longer I took the Cymbalta.

I think for me, the medicine was helpful. It helped mobilize me to do things I was too afraid to do before (even when I was doing CBT with my counselor). When things didn't work out right, I didn't drown in anxiety -- I stayed cool and thought of different options. It's really enabled me to develop some important problem solving skills.

The side effects are kind of annoying drawbacks and I certainly don't want to be on this medicine forever, but in the meantime it is helping me stabilize myself mentally so that I can do the things I've always wanted to do.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome