Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Tiny head, trying to be positive

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  john.myles 
#1 ·
But every time I see a mirror I can't help the fact that I get really sad and feel that I'm a joke. I measured the circumference today and its 53 cm (23 y/o male with a weak lower face, 55 cm is the average for WOMEN). It used to look normal in mirrors and only looked strange in pics from a long distance, but the past few days it looked ridicolously small. I have loads of other insecurities but this one is by far the largest because it indicates I'm not a man and the fact that I can't work on it is even worse. I've never even seen an adult with a skull as small as mine and it makes me feel so subhuman that I really dont see the point in living. For the last 4 years of my life I havent had a day in my life where I wasnt sad and I don't think I want to go on for much longer.

I

#3 ·
Could you grow some facial hair to bulk it out & maybe wear a hat ?

#5 ·
Can't grow facial hair, the hat would just emphasize it. Its so small that I think its mild microcephaly - if it wasnt this small, I wouldnt fret. Ive seen small heads but even for female standards, this is too tiny.Spend the whole day today in bed trying to avoid the mirror.

#7 ·
Are people commenting on the size of your head ? What about if you got fitter & made your body smaller so your head wouldn't look so small.

#9 ·
I have this one friend constantly bringing it up and in an obviously bad way, like: nice haircut, too bad your head is so small. And it pisses me off. The rest of my friends maybe mentioned it once or twice and thats it, and no one else told it to my face. I am quite lean so I look like I'm small overall, though Im sort of tall and it does look funny at moments.

I realize this is really superficial but I feel like I could be so fkn happy with a bigger head and because of that impossibility I really feel down most of the time.

I guess it comes down to the fact that its such a rare and obvious thing that cant be changed. Like, if I was balding or overweight or something I wouldnt mind as much because its a common problem and theres loads of way to tackle it. This just makes me feel like I shouldnt have been born or something.

#11 ·
It's unlikely to be microcephaly unless you have a bunch of other symptoms like seizures and intellectual disability and also it would have been diagnosed already.

#15 ·
Hey @danstroy.

Sorry you're having such struggles with your appearance bro, it's obviously quite distressing, so my heart goes out to you.

I'm not making a diagnosis here but did you know there's a mental health condition known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder or BDD? Yes, many, many people struggle with it from what I know, and in terms of looking into possible ways to overcome these self hurtful thought patterns you're having, it might pay to take a look at the many things known about it on the internet. Because if it's considered a mental health issue then there is, in all likelihood, many suggestions into how to deal with it. BDD - Body Dysmorphic Disorder. You may find help in that area. YouTube, as well.👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.