Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Question about USB controller for emulators.
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2020, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
WillYouStopDave

My Mood: Relaxed
@Scrub-Zero

Unfortunately, all of those are out of my price range. I don't want to go super cheap but really can't justify spending more than about $30. I do think Sony style controllers are the most ergonomic looking. I was honestly thinking about just getting a SNES clone but then anything more advanced than SNES would be painful with that controller. I'm not entirely sure I will be going more advanced than SNES in the near future, however, so...

TBH, I'm just at the point where anything is better than a keyboard when it comes to games that were just designed for being played on a console with a controller. I just want to get my feet wet and have some fun. I pretty much did nothing console more advanced than SNES and some Genesis and a little tiny bit of Xbox (original) so there's A LOT of territory before I get anywhere near the latest games for the newest consoles. And I still have a lot of figuring out to do with emulators. I barely know what I'm doing. I just don't want to buy the worst controller in the world. Meaning that even if it is a pretty basic controller, I just need it to be functional in all the ways that (for example) a SNES controller was supposed to be (meaning that all the buttons do what they're supposed to and I don't have weird issues like diagonal not working because they cut corners).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome