Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Have you ever been bullied?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2020, 06:30 PM
either/or
Failure's Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
What!? Lol. Not in my hs! The bullying in hs was way worse than anything I got in elementary/middle school. Bullying doesn't have anything to do with age. That's why we have things like discrimination.

I suppose it depends on where you went to high school. I mean the kids in my HS weren't angels and could be mean or there could be fights or animosity between certain individuals or cliques. But I don't ever remember anyone being singled out for ongoing and repeated bullying. Most people generally just got along and usually just ignored anyone they didn't particularly like. I think it comes down to the cultural mores prevalent in a particular community, whether its a high school, a corporation or town. In my HS I feel like you'd be in a lot of trouble with both the administrators and the student body if you were a bully, someone would definitely come to your defense. It was absolutely not cool to treat people like that and would reflect poorly on the person doing the bullying. If anyone was a candidate to be bullied it was me, I was nerdy and weird, but always felt very comfortable and included in my HS. In fact I wish I could go back sometimes, lol. So maybe just comes down to different time different place making a big difference.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome