Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - What Do You Like About Your Town?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 07:11 PM
Tetragammon
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
I guess where I live is quieter than many areas, and the views of the mountains are nice. And we live very close to a grocery store so we don't have to go far to get what we need; I could walk if I had the motivation. And I think it's a lot cheaper than some places like California where we lived when I was a kid.

Honestly there's a lot more I hate about it; I can't wait to get out of here after my parents are gone. I've hated this state since the day we moved here and that never changed. I hate the kind of people that tend to live around here, as they're mostly religious, conservative, close-minded and intolerant. Plus a large majority of the legislators in Utah tend to be Mormons, which makes it as close to a theocracy as you can find in the U.S. -- they don't call it the "Mormon Bubble" for nothing. I hate that we get both temperature extremes, from freezing snowy winters to triple-digit summers. I have no interest in the outdoor activities that people in this state love like skiing or hiking. And the house we live in is FAR too big for me alone, so the utilities alone will be too expensive.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome