Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The Finance Thread

35K views 384 replies 42 participants last post by  zork2001 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the discussion of money, investing, retirement, savings, debt, budgeting and anything else to do with finances. :)

#105 ·
When people say they only get 6-7% returns I'm like thats a fail in my book especially over a decade's time. You should be getting 10% returns.

#108 ·
Might try to get a HSA for next year.

#109 ·
I'm going to give this Yotta app a couple more weeks then I might ditch it if I'm not getting 2%+.

#110 ·
Just went with 70 stocks 20 international 10 bonds all index funds, I'll just hold for next 30+ years meh.

#111 ·
Its scary to see how the older you are the harder it is for your money to grow aka compound interest. The younger the more growth. I'm definitely fully investing by 32 and hopefully have my Roth and 401(k) already set up nicely by 31, maybe invest 3-4% and 15%+ by 32.

#114 ·
I invest a little bit every month of whatever little I make. I find stock markets very interesting so I have stocks as well as index fund. Doing well so far. I feel Ike I'm better at managing money and finances than most people i meet in life although I don't have much money.

#125 ·
I will try to get an HSA should be a good investment/insurance.

#128 ·
Biden or Trump doesn't matter, market will go up because if election results were supposed to be important for the markets then they would have started their move atleast a couple of months prior. November could be volatile but the general direction is up.

#129 ·
Think I'll go 401k to the match, then roth ira, then HSA.

#132 ·
Up to match with 401K then......max out HSA or contribute to Roth? Triple tax advantage with HSA but Roth can be used for anything. Decisions decisions

#133 ·
I was right lol, market recovered got my money back.

#134 ·
Don't think I'll be investing with an HSA next year but still want good options.

#135 ·
I was so wrong. I thought markets would correct in November but damn. What a rocket! Thankfully I was already 100% invested by September except for monthly contributions that I do.

#136 ·
Might switch back to index funds idk.

#137 ·
Refinancing my loans would save me $50 at best I see no reason to though because I plan to be debt free next year.

#138 ·
Trying to be debt free & having 20 or 30k savings is the way to go, that's what I did anyway : /

The only exception I'd make is buying a home.

#140 ·
Just imagine if you are able to invest 66% of your income for 8yrs you could retire early and never work again.

#141 ·
Thinking about buying a new car. Has anyone tried to sell their car to an individual rather then trading it in to the dealer?
I know in theory you can get a higher blue book value with private sale then trade in. But Ive heard that is hard to do in practice. Individuals who wan to buy your car want a good deal as well so you wont get much more then trade in value that a dealer would give you. So its just a lot less headache and more convienent to just trade it in instead.

Ive also heard on a private sale you have to be careful about someone trying to steal your car by giving you a fake cashiers check.

#142 ·
I've done both. Cash is best if it's just worth a few grand or less. My trade in at the dealership last year I got screwed on, but my previous truck was a lemon and I just wanted something else that had a warranty. I wouldn't finance anything that's not still under warranty.
Posted via Mobile Device

#143 ·
Figuring out the tax code is priceless.

#146 ·
^^ I'm ok but still drowning in debt. Could be worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.