Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Need Social Practice

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  James10145 
#1 ·
My family just recently threw a graduation party and socially I was a mess. I was so distraught that it was pretty noticeable on my face. People were asking me if I was okay. At the end of the day, I realized that I need more social practice. I regret not having a job as a cashier when I was younger. I think it would have helped me a lot. Any advice on what I can do to practice my social skills. Thank you.

#5 ·
you could always join a mental health club.....im a memeber of oen and find the people nice humble and understanding.....i pratice my social skills there.....mental health clubs are places where mentally ill folk go to participate in art creative writing yoga or group therapy to namme but a few acticities......having social anxiety would qualify you for membership and if not you can just say you have depression tooo.....thats what i did.....my mental health club is currently closed due to covid but will resume soon.....look in to it

#6 ·
I had a job at a fast food place when I was in my early 20's. Dealing with customers is great practice and will help you get out of your comfort zone and learn social skills. Very stressful but you will grow from the experience. So any job dealing with the public will help.

#7 ·
I would love to get a cashier job now but I just graduated college and think it is time to work on my career. Maybe on the weekends? Who knows? BTW I noticed that my social anxiety really increases when I talk to beautiful girls. Any advice for that?

#8 ·
The park is a free place to talk to random people. I went to go for a walk one day and had a short conversation with a bird watcher. You never know who you will bump into.

And if for some reason it all goes wrong, you can make an excuse and walk away like nothing happened :tiptoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.