Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - What does your SAS user name mean?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 04:11 PM
Persephone The Dread
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Greek underworld goddess, story explains the cycle of the seasons (because she spends half the year above the earth and half below.) It doesn't have the energy I was going for though unlike Hel and Ereshkigal, but at the time I didn't put much thought into it and wanted to replace my initial username. I suppose that's why I added the dread too (edgelord.)

Quote:
Persephone held an ancient role as the dread queen of the Underworld, within which tradition it was forbidden to speak her name. This tradition comes from her conflation with the very old chthonic divinity Despoina (“[the] mistress”), whose real name could not be revealed to anyone except those initiated into her mysteries.[15] As goddess of death, she was also called a daughter of Zeus and Demeter,[16] the river that formed the boundary between Earth and the underworld. In Homer's epics, she appears always together with Hades and the Underworld, apparently sharing with Hades control over the dead.[17] ]
Having said that, Perse apparently roughly translates 'to destroy' and Persephone 'bringer of destruction' but I only found that out about five seconds ago while writing the post. I'm having an Alan Moore moment. I guess the name chose me. (Also could be incorrect but supposedly it means that.) It doesn't really sound like it means that if you know what I mean. But then again that fits too.

I've often seen people talk about how people like me are destroying civilisation/creation etc so that's a part of my identity I suppose and then I have a lot of anger/misanthropy sometimes but back when I was less like that as a teenager I knew this guy who read tarot cards and he concluded that I was going to 'destroy everybody' which is a very vague thing to say but it pops into mind occasionally, he found it very entertaining.

I like the equivalent chthonic/underworld archetype in many symbolic structures and also chtonic/underworld stuff generally - underworld deities, Satan, dragons, demons, mermaids, dark elves, faeries, snakes, serpents, etc.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome