Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Most embarrassing thing you've done while drunk/high?

2K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  either/or 
#1 ·
While high on benzos I facebooked an old crush from school (this was over 10 years after I left school) telling her how I used to feel about her and how I didn't date her back then because I had something called social anxiety and how it made me all weird and unable to talk to her.

This turned out to be a massive blunder since I knew (from other people) she had the hots for me back then and now after telling why I didn't talk to her (back at school) she believed I was just lying to her about being shy and believed that I didn't approach her because I didn't want her. She asked me wtf was up with me for messaging her and telling her all this stuff and dragging up old things and for basically p***ing her off (she thought I just messaged her to tell her I rejected her and was rubbing her face in it). I made up some bs about messaging her as a dare (the real reason was to have sex with her and take her as my gf but I never told her that). This reason enraged her and she dared me to meet her face to face to tell her all of this (yeah I figured she just wanted to sock it to me face to face). I ended up sending messages to her in the second person pretending to be someone else to save face so that if I ever ran into her I could deny I ever contacted her.

#2 ·
I don't remember it but apparently I puked in my roommate's car. Didn't know why he didn't talk to me for a few days. I was blissfully unaware. Come to think of it, probably the most embarrassing things are things I don't remember and if no one told me later, I wouldn't know about it.

Alcohol induced amnesia is freaky. It's like your memory was stolen from you. Like it wasn't even you. I've talked to a few people about nights that I don't remember and they said I seemed drunk but nothing too bad. Still functioning- able to walk, talk, not piss my pants.

#3 ·
Yeah puked in a co-workers car coming home from a work Christmas party, he was a Bible bashing teetotaler so that went down well.

I was extremely uncomfortable in that situation so drinking was the solution, I've got better at drinking since then, 10 years more practice, no more puking :)

#4 ·
threw up on a couch a long long time ago, and i think i talked a lot of pathetic ****. my only ever experience of going to a random party for the purpose of drinking. remembered none of it thankfully, except people picked me up and carried me somewhere which felt like i was flying lol.

#5 ·
threw up on a couch a long long time ago, and i think i talked a lot of pathetic ****.
That's good pathetic **** is life :squeeze

#7 ·
I have hardly ever been THAT drunk that it caused me to do anything embarrassing. I tripped over my dog one time when I was drunk but that was funny. I passed out in the hallway once and puked up red Mad Dog 20/20 all over the carpet. Not really embarrassing. Just stupid. If I was going to get that drunk and have to spend so many hours cleaning up the mess, I could have at least done it with something more expensive than Mad Dog.

Funny. I just remembered that I still own (and use) the Shop Vac I used to clean that mess up with like 15 years ago. It's right there in a corner in my bedroom right now. :lol

I also really only ever got high on weed and weed never made me that stupid that I'd do anything embarrassing. I think I might have been one of those people who was actually smarter when stoned. :lol

#8 ·
I have hardly ever been THAT drunk that it caused me to do anything embarrassing. I tripped over my dog one time when I was drunk but that was funny. I passed out in the hallway once and puked up red Mad Dog 20/20 all over the carpet. Not really embarrassing. Just stupid. If I was going to get that drunk and have to spend so many hours cleaning up the mess, I could have at least done it with something more expensive than Mad Dog.

Funny. I just remembered that I still own (and use) the Shop Vac I used to clean that mess up with like 15 years ago. It's right there in a corner in my bedroom right now. [emoji38]

I also really only ever got high on weed and weed never made me that stupid that I'd do anything embarrassing. I think I might have been one of those people who was actually smarter when stoned. [emoji38]
Mad dog is some rough ****. I've seen dudes puke that up before. It's not pretty hehe

#10 ·
Never been drunk or high.

#11 ·
i try my hardest to forget stuff like this. they do come into my head sometimes. they've actually built up now where i have a physical reaction whenever these memories come back out of nowhere. i should be accepting them, sometimes i try letting the memories back without pushing them out but my instinct is to push them out. but its been a while i havent gone drinking with other people since 2015, maybe 2016.

#15 ·
So you threw up and needed help walking when drunk? Of it had only been help walking, then that wouldn't have been so bad.

Isn't it funny that the most common thing seems to be "I threw up" .something about that seems to be the worst. But It's not embarrassing if you were sick in your own bathroom when you got home, tho. It's only if it's Infront of someone else. And anyway, the other drunk people you're with are probably not gonna care very much, unless you ruin something of theirs like.being sick in their car or on their carpet. Lol

No, I have not thrown up in front of anyone else or in a car etc, after going out to a bars or clubs etc, but I think only once I came close but it didn't happen thank god, and the feeling passed in about 20 mins.. I know when I've got to my limit.

#13 ·
Threw up all over my friend's friend's house in a new swanky house he just moved in. I never met him before that, so that made it much worse. I didn't remember any of it. All I remembered was we were playing a drinking card game King's Cup. And then I was very buzz when some random black guy with pink dreadlocks was showing me this weird voodoo psychedelic phone app he has which made my buzz felt even better. Those were the last thing I remembered. Then all of a sudden I was sitting on a sofa with some random white golden retriever on my lap and a couple of my friends sitting there watching Food Network reruns, and some random guy there forcing me to drink electrolyte water saying I need it. While most people have left and it was 1am. That was when I learned what happened. It was embarrassing. I felt horrible. I never got a chance to see him again to apologize. My friend who invited me was so upset at me, she wouldn't drive me home when others at the party pushed her to. So I just slept it out in my car until the morning and drove myself home. Unfortunately she and I quickly grew apart since then.

#14 ·
yikes, some things should not be remembered. my physical form can't handle even mild strains of weed-my senses don't work anymore (my open eyes see black), i can't control my movements, i sweat profusely. it's a whole trip. it would have been so nice to discover this in a safe environment and not a coffeeshop in amsterdam on a chilly november night with a flatmate i wasn't super close to and didn't like much tbh. i was drunk, too. anyway, i remember the bartender(?) had his hands on my hips so he could guide me up the steps to the bench outside. he also brought me this soury drink/said it would help. eventually my flatmate walked me home /: i've never really been embarrassed by this tho. by the time i had the good sense to be embarrassed, i thought it was terrifying instead.

as for uh just drunk. i didn't pace myself at our house gathering and my flatmates had to carry me to my room. i guess it was obvious that i was about to hurl bc they put the bin in front of me and i f-cking missed. at which point, they changed me into a fresh set of clothes and my bed sheets, too Q_Q i wonder how those beautiful angels are doing.

#18 ·
I’ll say something I did when I was straight,
Accidentally tried to walk into someone house because there building looked really similar to the “public” pray building in the next street over.
The first door was unlocked
Thanks goodness the next door was locked otherwise I would have been trespassing and who knows shot?

But the most cringy thing is accidentally liking someone’s post when ur not even their friend on Facebook but happened to click on their profile -_-
It’s like oh man I’m pretty sure there gona get that notification even though I unliked it

#19 ·
Well, I've had much, much worse stuff than anything I read here. Which makes me very happy that I no longer drink like that. I'd share but the memories still make me cringe, so I'd rather not.

Of the more funny than embarrassing stuff: I threw up in the eye of a friend who tried to help me off the ground (I was lying by the side of the road). Stole various inconsequential things (a chair from a cafe, 'mementos' from people's homes). Danced with a rose in between my teeth. Went DIY rafting on a canal. Sang the whole Britney Spears repertoire to my downstairs neighbours from my balcony. Told a stranger all about my pubic hair. Called a Jamaican takeaway just to say 'buuuffalo' (I thought it was a hilarious Bob Marley joke). Changed my tampon in a supermarket. Etc etc.

#21 ·
Of the more funny than embarrassing stuff: I threw up in the eye of a friend who tried to help me off the ground (I was lying by the side of the road). Stole various inconsequential things (a chair from a cafe, 'mementos' from people's homes). Danced with a rose in between my teeth. Went DIY rafting on a canal. Sang the whole Britney Spears repertoire to my downstairs neighbours from my balcony. Told a stranger all about my pubic hair. Called a Jamaican takeaway just to say 'buuuffalo' (I thought it was a hilarious Bob Marley joke). Changed my tampon in a supermarket. Etc etc.
this is the single most compelling post i've ever seen for knockin' back a couple beers ;D

#20 ·
^ :rofl

#22 ·
: D It's all fun and games until it's not! But then we don't share those stories. Quite honestly I wish I'd never started drinking like I did. I was a real mess.

#24 ·
Chased a skirt when I was 17, first night I ever got high. Stayed while her parents were gone until like 5 AM, we'd lost track of time. She snuck me out, with seemingly no repercussions, ran almost a full mile back to my house in the dark. Started to wind down and get in bed. Then I heard an SUV storm into my driveway.

Her mom and dad spammed my doorbell, waking everyone in the house up at 5 in the morning, understandably pissed the **** off. I answered their questions respectfully and told them the truth about what happened (instead of the obvious lie she wanted me to help spin, I don't think most teens realize just how transparent lying is in cases like these). She got grounded and there wasn't much I could do to help, but I still felt bad.

Should have declined the offer to go to her house, all things considered. I don't see being high/drunk as an excuse anymore, personally.

#26 ·
I went to a halloween dance party at my favorite bar where I sort of had a crush on the bartender. there was a costume contest and my costume was not very good (a flamingo with a machine gun), but they would put you side by side with a random competitor and the whole room would drunkenly vote. when they announced me, I raised my machine gun in the air and yelled incredibly loud. I remembered this with pain for a week.
I also was dancing really wildly afterwards. Like I kept going into other people's "areas" (I always find people at clubs dance in a very boring way. They stand in one place and rotate their torso left then right), and one woman made a dirty face at me and told me to get the **** back.
Whenever I show up at this same bar every other night, I am extremely demure. So it might have been a surprise.
Yeah, I guess "embarrassing" is the word.

I've also vomited my fair share on other people's things but I think that's too standard to be embarrassing?

#28 ·
I went to a halloween dance party at my favorite bar where I sort of had a crush on the bartender. there was a costume contest and my costume was not very good (a flamingo with a machine gun), but they would put you side by side with a random competitor and the whole room would drunkenly vote. when they announced me, I raised my machine gun in the air and yelled incredibly loud. I remembered this with pain for a week.
I also was dancing really wildly afterwards. Like I kept going into other people's "areas" (I always find people at clubs dance in a very boring way. They stand in one place and rotate their torso left then right), and one woman made a dirty face at me and told me to get the **** back.
Whenever I show up at this same bar every other night, I am extremely demure. So it might have been a surprise.
Yeah, I guess "embarrassing" is the word.

I've also vomited my fair share on other people's things but I think that's too standard to be embarrassing?
Yeah, I'd say pissing yourself, especially if it's on someone else's furniture, car, or carpet would be worse.

#29 ·
I had a fried in college who mistook his little white mini fridge (yes his own) for a urinal whilst in the throes of extreme inebriation and just pissed all over it then went and passed out in his bed. We were never able to conclude why he thought a urinal had magically appeared where his fridge usually was.

#32 ·
I went to a club with some friends, drank too much and threw up in the bathroom sink then I just sat on floor cause I was too weak to walk anywhere. Not sure how long I sat there but my friends finally found me and helped me get back home safely.
That wasn't the first nor the last time I drank too much at a club or party/family gathering. These days I just drink to get a little buzz going but I hardly ever get to the point where I get sick or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

#39 ·
I once got high on a lot of Lyrica and had to go to the ER to be catheterized because I couldn't piss. That is about the only thing embarrassing I've done while high, nothing interesting while drunk.

#40 ·
Too many things. I used to drink alot in social situations because of SA. I don't drink much anymore due to having too many embarassing moments on alcohol. Alcohol induced amnesia is terrifying.

I guess one of my stand-out most embarassing moments was I was at a house party and didnt know anyone except the host, i was so SA so drank a ton. I don't really remember what happened, but I know I made a fool of myself. Because the next day I woke up with no memory how I got home. I was covered in sick. And I had a notifcation on my phone from Uber telling me I owe them cleaning fees. I had loads of cups of water by my bed, in cups that no-one uses as drinking vessels which was confusing. I think my Uber driver had to put me to bed. I soon stopped talking to the friends whose party it was. I felt like she must not really be a good friend if she let me get that way and let me go home by myself like that...also, i didnt really like her much anyway to be fair.

#41 ·
I guess one of my stand-out most embarassing moments was I was at a house party and didnt know anyone except the host, i was so SA so drank a ton. I don't really remember what happened, but I know I made a fool of myself. Because the next day I woke up with no memory how I got home. I was covered in sick. And I had a notifcation on my phone from Uber telling me I owe them cleaning fees. I had loads of cups of water by my bed, in cups that no-one uses as drinking vessels which was confusing. I think my Uber driver had to put me to bed. I soon stopped talking to the friends whose party it was. I felt like she must not really be a good friend if she let me get that way and let me go home by myself like that...also, i didnt really like her much anyway to be fair.
Good thing your uber driver was a gentleman and just put you to bed and didnt decide to have some other fun! Wonder what the deal with the drinking vessels was?

Been there myself did more thing a few things ive been humilated by. Got arrested while drunk once. Really stupid stuff. A few drunken sexual encounters I would wish to forget

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.