Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Does anyone here like some 2000s music?

8K views 104 replies 28 participants last post by  LonelyMisery 
#1 ·
Does anyone here like bands like Lifehouse, We The Kings, Coldplay, etc? Because I like a lot of it.

#2 ·
90's and 2000's are my favorites. In my truck on Sirius XM I listen to XMTurbo (90's and 2000's hard rock), Lithium (90's grunge and alternative), 90's, Pop2K, PopRocks (90's and 2000's popular rock), and also Octane, 80's, and Liquid Metal. Almost all of that is 90's and 2000's stuff, but I do like some of the newer rock as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
I liked this album a lot when it came out. This didn't become my favourite song by them but it was the first one I listened to and why I bought their first album. I liked it because it was edgy obviously. It's a much better soundtrack for a school shooting then anything Marilyn Manson recorded incidentally but they had pretty generic dress sense so and I guess the shootings didn't take off until the 2010s. In the 2000s they were mostly concerned about teens killing themselves because of MCR or whatever, but the teenage suicide rate has been increasing for a while now. MCR wasn't good suicide music really they have better depressive music now I think. But anyway this post is about killing other people so that's not on theme right now.

And I guess I'll post this because RIP

#16 ·
^ Oh yeah speaking of that song and amv's. This song was used in every amv (along with Clint Mansel's lux aeterna track and the Requiem for a Tower remix, so actually that was composed in 2000 so I guess I'll post it too):

Lots of Breaking Benjamin tracks too.

#19 ·
If it sounds good, I listen to it. I don't think I'm partial to any particular decade.

Some things are so typical of a certain era thatthey might be a bit cringy to listen to (Age of Aquarius for example lol although the ending is pretty good), but you can find a lot of good music from any age.

#27 ·
Yeah Halo 2 had a good soundtrack.

I also liked MCR but preferred their first two albums to Welcome to the Black Parade (but I guess their third album was the most ambitious but I started listening to them earlier.)

The 2000s had so many awesome adrenaline/heavy songs. Doesn't seem as common these days, at least not in the mainstream.
Yes this is the main difference I noticed between 2000s and 2010s music in the mainstream. 2010 music was very hungover sounding. Billie Eilish as one example.