Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Random thought of the day: 30+ edition

548K views 8K replies 542 participants last post by  sprinter 
#1 ·
In the spirit of this thread, I thought a thread like this might serve a purpose (or not, I don't know). So, well, it's here now, for what that's worth. Feel free to make use of it however you like. It will at least be less crowded and easier to keep up with than the general random-thought thread, anyway.

#3 ·
People who are super confident in their abilities and let the world know it are often no where near as good as they think and usually worse than those who are meek and downplay their abilities. This has been studied and is called the Dunning-Kruger effect in psychology. Look it up.
Heh, this reminds me of a spastic co-worker who just this morning was having a conversation with another co-worker. He said "I'm a frickin' genius," and not in a flip manner. I highly doubt that, but don't know the guy that well. However, he is an extreme leftist (the kind that live in fairytale land), so the likelihood of his claim being an exaggeration is pretty great.

#4 ·
Charles Darwin had a "mystery" illness -his stomach would ache,he'd often vomit,shake and would often be prone to bouts of flatulence when around anyone outside of his family. He spent a great deal of time in his study recovering from these troubles and hiding from social activities. Sound familiar,(well,minus the flatulence)????

#5 ·
So tired from class. Having 7 1/2 hours of class in one day was not the smartest decision. God, I hate Tuesdays. And I don't get home till 9:45 or 10:00pm but I have to get up at 7:15am the next day. It doesn't leave me enough time to unwind, shower, eat, brush my teeth, catch up on SAS, and still get enough sleep. I keep reverting back to my normal night cycle on the weekends.

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Having the owner of your company send out an e-mail to the entire company complaining of the bathroom floor being "sticky" and admonishing people to "pee in the toilet" is one of the lamest things that can happen at a job.

#5,614 ·
Seriously!?? What kind of bad *** company owner would whine about a sticky bathroom floor. "Pee in the toilet!??" For pities sake, he should put a bowl of Cheerios on the back of the toilet if he's THAT serious about it..and sending out a message like that to the entire staff!!

BTW..how many of you laughed along with your coworkers when you read it!?? LOL!!

#11 ·
Anyhow, back street. Run down. Lack of sleep. Flipped out. Got caught. Realized I was smarter than you. Ate donut. Smiled. Fog came. Left finger paints on window. Only for tonight.

#14 ·
*a million little thoughts in my head all at once...

#17 ·
I really didn't realise how well pensioners have it financially in this country now. we've always viewed pensioners as being poor and sure there still is some elderly in poverty which is tragic. overall the older generation are some of the ones who have been hit the least hard by the tories "we're all in it together" plan.
I was incredibly worried when my dad announced his retirement a couple of years back as i'm unemployed and I thought with me being on benefits we'd suffer and not afford much but as its turned out we aren't doing that bad at all, he has a private pension ontop of the state pension as well as all the other benefits he receives. he's doing all right for himself, so much so that he went on a month holiday to new zealand last year and is going away on holiday again this summer.he's bought new furniture for the house. his generation got a pretty lucky break ,the kids these days have it hard.

#5,615 ·
Here in the States, it's been much like that where our parents save and save so that they can leave their children something. Well that's okay if you can die young enough..yet if you grow to an old age where you end up living in a nursing facility..one must spend down everything they have. It means paying out of pocket for everything regarding the nursing facility until you have no more.

It means cashing out your life insurance policies and selling your home (if you have one, which many do). Any cash from that, the person has to spend on their care or anything "in their best interest" which means nothing goes to their children, etc. It ALL has to go to their health needs or anything regarding toiletries, pillows, blankets, etc.

Like by the age of 85 when my dad first entered a nursing facility, he needed anything...

Thankfully he spent a bunch on himself living in a beautiful Independent Living apartment for five years so at least he could enjoy some of the money he worked so hard for all his life.

While living in the nursing facility took him to the cleaners, thankfully he was able to stay in a very nice room for the duration of his stay there. As soon as he was spent down to $2000 left..we had no choice but to put him on what we call here in the States as "Medicare"

He was on it for 6 months before he passed away..and what he had left was simply pennies of what he and my mom had saved all their lives for. He had a funeral trust which we paid for before he passed away and the mere $500 that was left will eventually go back to Medicare on the "payback" program.

Few people know about this in the States as nobody tells you about it until your loved one has passed on. After that, everything left will be eventually taken by Medicare; regardless if you were on it two months or two years. It will become not what you owe them in the "payback"..but what you have left as eventually they have the right to take it ALL!!

So glad out dad spent down on good living in a wonderful independent living place; and then again at a wonderful nursing facility. There is a mere $1000 left that Medicare will eventually "suck up"..and to be honest. Take it..just simply take it!!

While my sister and I would put it to good use regarding memorials for my parents, the government will just line their pockets with it.

And while neither my sister and I are happy about that..it's just money. Soon all the government people that are so hungry for it will either die or be in a nursing facility too..and then they too will know what it feels like!!

#18 ·
I am thinking what would eventually kill me. Junk food? chain smoking? Will I die a natural or an accidental death. God.. Let me please die in peace. In my sleep. Let me die young enough. Not frail and elderly, crippled and dependent on others.

#28 ·
They did some maintenansification this morning, it got out of sync making postages disappear, then it resynced, so the precious, priceless postages became back again, then I think the natives were rehappified.

Would it be rude to ask someone if they are male or female on a forum after they made a thread with their photo in it?
Do it! I wouldn't ask meshelf though for fear of the back lashings. I've considered leaving a few times after a few people got mad at me when naive questions not related to gender were just out of curiosity and ended up being back lashed with no original malicious intent.

#31 ·
Some people can't control their tempers, even when the target of their wrath is a drunk and/or high idiot who doesn't even know where he is. I know this because a hot-headed white trash late 20s bus regular made a stoner wear his coffee because he may or may not have called her ugly under his breath.