Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Political Edition: Type What You're Thinking
View Single Post
post #1814 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:26 AM
AV1988
SAS Member

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micronian View Post
I entertain "communist" ideology equally with any other ideology. My background is in cultural anthropology. I've studied social systems from every corner of the world at every period of time. They all struggle to balance individualism with collective duty. There were civilizations throughout history--even recent history--that did very well under centralized authority, but it came at a cost, of course, of individual freedom. That they failed was mostly due to an inability to respond to the crisis (that takes place in any number of forms) that befell them, and this happens to liberal systems as well.

In our modern world the problem lies--as it always has, really--with the access of people to the wealth generating environment in their society (or state). The system stops working when too many people are left out. I think "capitalistic values" are fine. It's a road to access the wealth generating environment. I only criticize those people who block it, and sadly, many are capitalists themselves.
Ah- living in the past. It's also why everyone else in the world laughs at modern "liberals" when they call themselves "progressives" when in fact it's regressive. Your post helps prove that point.

To be fair, I don't believe conservatism is the answer. I believe that we should revert to EXTREMELY limited fed gov, with states rights being the main form of government. We have 50 states that each have their own identity and are protected by our constitution. We have career politicians that plan to derail that. It's why communism can't work here.

Sure places like Cuba love communism (lol jk- it's killed them as a nation), but it cannot work here.

Anxiety is the worst

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome