Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Rather Die Or Go To Prison?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Chevy396
Permanently Banned

Language: Wookiee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
No way. It is nothing but four white walls and barely room to lie down. Maybe a mat to sleep on with no pillow. You never know what time it is, day or night.

You might get a sandwich with bologna drenched in sodium benzoate and a glass of water a couple times a day.

You might be able to figure out the time of day based on when they serve your "food", after a few days.

It is designed to strip you of your sense of self and break you overnight.

I said that partly in jest :-). If you put it that way it sounds like a lifetime of torture. I've also heard about nasty things they put in foods to the point where inmates starve rather than eat contaminated foods. Especially if theres no end, even the strong willed are put to the test how long they could mentally make it. There was a case a while back where an inmate had his sentence petitioned for early release because he had turned into a vegetable over the decades of isolation. If I were given that reality for a life behind bars, then someday I'd probably start looking for a way out by hanging or cutting.
I think it depends on whether it's a for profit prison or not. But in the US I think they almost all are now.

Even in the for profit county jail here it is like that. I spent two days for failure to appear in court for a small misdemeanor. The first meal while I was on lockdown was so full of preservatives that when I touched the piece of processed "pork?" I could smell it on my finger and it gave me a bad migraine, body aches and some irregular heart beats just from soaking into my skin.

It had to be pretty strong because I can usually eat a serving of food with sodium benzoate on accident or use sodium benzoate shampoo and get away with just a small-medium migraine.

If I had eaten it I would either be dead or have had a massive stroke. Even with that one touch I had to keep flushing it out by drinking water and it brought it out in my sweat every time I drank. I could smell it.

It made me think of what it must be like to be attacked with a chemical weapon like anthrax or something. Probably not even close, but maybe if you were in a chem suit and got one little pinhole leak or something.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome