Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - I don't think I enjoy life
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:13 PM
CaptainPeanuts
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I feel as though anxiety has taken a lot of my ability to enjoy things and live in the present.
I can't enjoy things like going out to eat with friends, going to movies, being with family, or even being alone (although there is a subtle comfort in being alone for me that makes it feel preferable). Everything I choose to do always drains me with feelings of anxiety or shame. I can never just enjoy people or going and doing things for fun anymore because I know those things come in tangent with my anxiety. Feel constantly worried and no matter whether I'm alone or around people everything is draining me. I don't really know what to do with myself sometimes. I'm not really sure if I can enjoy life, live in the present, and just be.
I noticed when I got social anxiety that I didn't enjoy music anymore, i didn't feel as excited. I think this is what your talking about:
https://youtu.be/gmEJEfy5f50?t=1939

I have read about this in multiple threads before, and I tried explaining it to a therapist before but he didnt understand what I meant. But thats it. That's the reason we don't enjoy things anymore as much. Medication can help this.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome