Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - how did your mental illness begin ?
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:05 PM
Persephone The Dread
Leftist Darkness

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Some stuff started later, but I've always been abnormally anxious in certain situations so that part was pretty much my temperament. As I got older I developed further issues including but not limited to becoming more schizoid, more unmotivated over time (I'd always struggled with that sort of thing though,) and became very cynical about how ****ed up the world was at about 11 (I would say my late childhood/early teen period is around the time I turned into Daria because at one point my dad found some story I was writing and had printed part of it off the computer to continue writing it later, and he found it and shared it with someone else without my permission.. And commented on how adult it was..) My view of how adults lived was always quite depressing lol they were all mentally ill, on drugs/drinking to cope, struggling financially but still somehow more optimistic than my current reality in terms of their soul.

School ****ed me up more though, was always waiting for it to end especially by the time I started secondary school (age 11,) I was also dealing with abuse from one student for a huge chunk of my life. Quite similar to prison.

I normally hate this kind of thing because they're simplistic at best, and inaccurate at worst compared to actually reading literature on disorders (even the dsm why is it trash?) but this one makes me laugh (just the casual placement of fantasies of world destruction at the end there so cartoonish but anyway I turn myself into a meme as well I guess):

We pose this question to our children
That calls them all to stray
And live in tiny houses
Of the same mistakes we make

'Cause there are too many of us
In tiny houses here and there
Passing out somewhere
But you won't care

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome