Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - how did your mental illness begin ?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
jesus alejandro
SAS Member

Language: spanish , english , german
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
That's a very sad situation mate - isn't it strange how an accident can cause these mental health problems? One thing which is good, (actually 2 things) - your son is safe, and you're still here. Does it affect you in any other way apart from this depersonalisation? I've heard of that but I don't think I understand it.

I think my anxiety started when I was about 15 or 16 - but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't function. And it wasn't like a lot of the young guys on here - I still could have normal relationships etc and I could go to work.

It's become much worse now I'm older though - I don't know if the antidepressants they gave me about 12 years ago started it or whether it was there all along - but I certainly have a serious problem now with the bipolar. It makes me very unstable and it's difficult to deal with.

Edit: the situation with my mental health got worse, not the anxiety)
i always think about my past trying to figure out what my life would be like if this accident didnt happen , and thinking about my past makes me depressed , there are times where i regret making children for some reason which is all related to my mentall illness , i changed as a person to a point where i dont take life decisions serious anymore , before i had a regular mind set where somebody builts a family and do what he suppose to do no matter how hard it gets , now im just living for the moment , i had no knowledge about it and didnt think that something like that could affect me , but the medication are helping me alot and studying about it was also a major help , depersonalization is a state where you feel like you re dreaming , or where you feel like you are high , it is kinda fun and exciting and trippy at times , specially when you get used to it , but when it happened the first time it was a very unpleasant experience because i had no knowledge about it ,

-
at what age did you enjoy life the most was it around 13 or 14

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome